Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage GNO Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for Grey Beard > Reviews

Browse

Grey Beard's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Grey Beard RSS Feed (east coast USA)

Eric Clapton: Guitar Play-Along Volume 24 (Hal Leonard Guitar Play-Along)
Eric Clapton: Guitar Play-Along Volume 24 (Hal Leonard Guitar Play-Along)
by Eric Clapton
Price: $16.19
50 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book, good tabs, good CD, March 31, 2009
I found this book very useful to learn to play some excellent Eric Clapton songs (on my Strat, of course!). The amazing slow downer software allows you to play along with the CD at slow speed -- which is very helpful in learning each song. The Tab notation is very easy to follow.

Tascam US-144 USB 2.0 Audio and MIDI Interface
Tascam US-144 USB 2.0 Audio and MIDI Interface

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Drivers, Bad support, March 31, 2009
This product is horridly difficult to get working on OS X (Mac) products. The customer service is close to worthless. I am at the point of giving up and purchasing a competitor's product that actually works. My guess is that either Tascam is incompetent wrt software, or more likely the product is new enough that they haven't gotten it to work yet on all common OS's. (I would have given it zero stars, but it appears that one star is the minimum allowed).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2011 8:14 PM PDT

HP Deskjet D4260 Printer (CB641A#B1H)
HP Deskjet D4260 Printer (CB641A#B1H)
12 used & new from $49.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Printer, HORRID Software, December 17, 2007
I just bought the DP4260 to replace an older HP printer that had died. The printer is pretty good, reasonably fast, and print quality is good. I haven't had it long enough to know how fast it runs through ink cartridges.

However, the software that comes with it is HORRID. It is bordering on taking over your computer to turn it into an HP monster. Periodically at random times it brings up ads. Whenever I print it works fine, then some time later after I am no longer connected to the printer and have moved to a different room and different task it decides that something is wrong with the printer, and it tries to remind me every few seconds to fix it (how it could possibly know that something is wrong when it is not even connected to the printer I don't know). I have not found any way to turn off the repeated warnings (the most obvious stuff doesn't work), nor to get any other work done, other than restarting the computer.

The printer seems pretty good. However, I will not buy another HP printer and will consider throwing away this one unless they fix their software. I will try (when I get energetic) to uninstall the software that comes with this printer and try to do a custom install of only the software that is actually needed for printing.

In my opinion, you should not buy this printer unless you know enough about software to load something other than the default software install that comes with the printer.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2015 11:53 PM PDT