Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for Colleen's Critique > Reviews

Browse

Colleen's Critique's Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Colleen's Critique RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Take Back Your Marriage, Second Edition: Sticking Together in a World That Pulls Us Apart
by William J. Doherty
Price: $13.61
62 used & new from $7.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Take time to read Take Back Your Marriage!, June 16, 2016
Lots of great concepts to help each spouse in a marriage understand and take the responsibility they have to be a "responsible citizen" in their marriage. Love that word picture! Lots of wisdom in this book that explores the impact of the "consumer mentality" on today's marriages. The great thing about this book is if your spouse isn't motivated to change you can still improve your marriage. Your family is worth it...read and take action!

Shiatsu Back Massager - Shiatsu Neck Massager - Foot Massager - Kneading Massage Pillow w/ Heat (Black)
Offered by LiBa
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Shiatsu should be spelled "S-H-...you know the rest..., June 16, 2016
Completely stopped working after 2 uses! Unbelievable. I really wanted to keep this...Great massage the 10 whole minutes it was working. The design works great, but quality just isn't there. Good thing Amazon is so great about returns! I received a credit as soon as UPS picked up my package and Amazon provided the free shipping label for the return.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2016 8:29 PM PDT

Swig Savvy Sleek and Sporty Double Wall Stainless Steel Water Bottle, 25oz - ORANGE - Including Water Bottle Pouch
Offered by Super Deal
Price: $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Icy!, June 16, 2016
Beverage and ice cubes stay cold even overnight! Left the water bottle in a hot car for 4 hours and beverage stayed ice cold inside! Great size to allow you to fill with ice and pour in an entire 12 oz beverage. Love this bottle!

ASUS ZenWatch 2 Android Wear Smartwatch - 1.45", Rose Gold case with Orange Leather band (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Premier Audio Video
Price: $204.99
25 used & new from $112.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Google Got it Right!, January 28, 2016
Best smart watch value I've found. I've tried the Samsung Gear 2 and S2 both, for about a week and I just couldn't justify the price for the lack of awesomeness the smart watch fails to yet deliver to your wrist. Took them both back after a short time. What I have come to realize is that the best one can expect from their "smart watch" is the same notifications one might get on their phone, only it is on your wrist. Once I ajusted my expectations of the "Not-so-smart watch" products, the ZenWatch seemed just right. You see, I had fallen into the trap that if I spent more on a smart watch, it might "do" more. Not so much. While I have to say the Samsung smart watch had an awesome quality resolution, this watch comes pretty close, especially when not comparing them side-by-side. On one very important aspect, the Zenwatch outshines the Samsung watches ...S-voice vs Google Now -Google Now is a far better voice command method to respond to texts, etc by talking into your wrist-no more feeling silly repeating myself multiple times to get a text to be heard accurately! (As if talking into your wrist isn't silly enough.)It takes a while to research the market for the smart watch apps that make sense to have and I was surprised at how many of the apps on my phone began to mysteriously "do their thing" on my wrist without me having to do any set up. The ZenWatch manager app is a great place to start, as is searching the Playstore for "smart watch" apps. There is even a "bubble cloud" app that will make your Zen Watch look a lot like an Apple Smart watch with round icons for the apps!
Bottom line-if you like the idea of having nice little heptic vibrations on your wrist telling you when you've received a text, phone call, facebook post, and some other not-so-essential functions - all the watchs do pretty much the same thing...Why pay over $600 for an Apple when you can get a very nice watch for under $170.00. With the way technology changes-I won't feel bad upgrading this one in a year or so when the smart watches get "smarter"!

Fit Crunch Bars Fit Crunch Bar Peanut Butter - 276 g(6 Bars)
Fit Crunch Bars Fit Crunch Bar Peanut Butter - 276 g(6 Bars)

5.0 out of 5 stars Search for the perfect protein bar ends with these!, January 28, 2016
I had given up on finding a protein bar I liked after dozens of purchases which I ended up giving away. Most I had tried fell into one of three categories: 1) They were Gastronomical disasters-causing me so much intestinal upset I thought I would die; 2) They gave me bad breath, (Quest Oreo cookie flavor!) 3) They had a weird taste and consistency I just could not enjoy. (Most other brands!) Until these! My search is over. Although they don't have as much protein as some of the others I'd tried, these are the perfect balance of protein, taste, chocolate, crunch, chewiness and peanut butter-with none of the above "side effects". I bought mine at a membership wholesale club and paid just over $16.00 for 16 bars which are about 4-5 inches in length. They taste alot like a Take Five candy bar without the pretzel, but they still have a little "crunch" in one of the 6 layers of goodness that make up these bars. Definitely a staple for my desk drawer when I skip breakfast or are just craving something sweet (with only 3gm of sugars!)

Frailty
Frailty
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars but good none the less, October 22, 2015
This review is from: Frailty (Amazon Video)
Not your normal Bill Paxton role, but good none the less.

Love & Mercy
Love & Mercy

4.0 out of 5 stars Who knew?, October 7, 2015
This review is from: Love & Mercy (Amazon Video)
Great biography of an extremely tortured and talented musician.

LG Electronics HBS-730 Tone+ Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - White
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $44.99
19 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes newer isn't better..., July 22, 2015
I bought this product to replace my LG 700 set which I'd still have if I hadn't let my 1 year old Grand daughter play with it! Loved that model. Bought the LG900 and HATED the sound quality. Sometimes newer isn't better. Sounded like I was listening through tin cans... Not exaggerating. Returned them and bought the 730 after reading an Amazon reviewers comparison. This model seems very similar to my trusted 700 and the sound is similar. You can't beat my old fashioned Sony wired headset for unbelievably high quality base tones and overall great sound, but for Bluetooth convenience of switching between phone and music functions and re-pairing when I return from an out of range walk away from my device this product is seamless. Love that this is stereo instead of a single earpiece!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This case is great. I replaced my Otter box with this one, February 10, 2015
This case is great. I replaced my Otter box with this one. The Otter box case was made of a hard plastic with a little bit of rubber, but I found it to be slippery to hold. This case has a soft silicone boot over the protective harder plastic that makes it pleasant to hold on to and isn't slippery. And it is much more stylish. It's exactly as pictured, with a bonus that the silicone is soft to improve my grip.

The Invention of Lying
The Invention of Lying
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, December 23, 2014
Not all I bored it would be. Only mildly funny.

Page: 1 | 2