Your Garage Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Summer Reading Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Kelly Lee > Reviews

Browse

Kelly Lee's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kelly Lee RSS Feed

Honor in the Dust: A Winslow Breed Novel (House of Winslow)
Honor in the Dust: A Winslow Breed Novel (House of Winslow)
by Gilbert Morris
39 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't recommend highly enough, April 27, 2012
I just finished the House of Winslow series after two years of reading. Now I'm reading the prequels. I read Honor in the Dust in maybe three days, and am about halfway through When the Heavens Fall. So far, they are even better than the HOW series. One thing that I liked about the early volumes of HOW, more so than the later ones, is how Morris' characters are connected to historical figures. William Tyndale is my absolute hero for all time (after Jesus Himself, of course!), and I loved reading his story tied into the fictious one. I got chills when Stuart first meets him, and I cried for his love, suffering, and ultimate death for simple folk hungry for the Word of God. Also, these books seem to be a bit meatier reading than the HOW. There is somewhat more character development, and more detail of their lives (as opposed to taking the whole book to find their way, get saved, and get engaged; then in the next book, their children are adults).

All in all, I can't recommend this book highly enough!

David Rio Tiger Spice Chai, 14oz. - 2 canisters
David Rio Tiger Spice Chai, 14oz. - 2 canisters
Offered by MyQuickMart
Price: $21.59
3 used & new from $17.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious mix!, July 19, 2010
I first experienced chai yrs ago in a mom-and-pop Near Eastern/Mediterranean restaurant, and I commented on how good it was. The lady working at the time said "We're Pakistani, we know how to make it!" Since moving from the area, I've been buying it from chain cafes and whatever powder or liquid concentrate was available at the store. (I never did get the hang of brewing it from a bag.) I was reasonably satisfied w/ the OLD General Foods (white can) recipe...didn't taste like the authentic stuff, but still good.

I decided to look online after buying my last can (tan) of General Foods and having to dump it out. It's the only kind my grocery has. (I actually thought I'd used bad milk w/ the first cup...but it had the same bad flavor w/ fresh milk. I figured they'd changed the recipe, which I'm certain of after reading Amazon reviews.)

I ended up choosing a single can of David Rio Tiger Spice and one of Elephant Vanilla (which I haven't tried yet.) WOW!!! The Tiger Spice is by far the closest I've tasted to that first cup in the restaurant. It's lightly sweet but not TOO sweet, and the spices are bold without having overpowering amounts of cardamom or cloves.

I'm liking the ingredient list too (being aware that powdered creamer isn't perfect). David Rio: cane sugar, creamer, honey granules, black tea powder, natural spice blend, natural flavors. General Foods: sugar, nondairy creamer, maltodextrin, instant tea, <2% of natural and artificial flavor, sodium citrate, modified cornstarch, silicon dioxide.