Profile for Amy Atlas > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amy Atlas RSS Feed

Small Plates and Sweet Treats: My Family's Journey to Gluten-Free Cooking, from the Creator of Cannelle et Vanille
by Aran Goyoaga
Price: $22.49
92 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Photography, Healthy and Delicious Recipes, Wonderful Writing, October 4, 2012
I first discovered Aran's work about 4 years ago through her Cannelle Vanille blog. Initially, I was attracted to her work because of her food styling and photography. I quickly became a bigger fan when I started reading her beautiful stories from her hometown in Basque and then trying her recipes for my own family. I now have her book and I'm amazed. I've pored over every page and her book does not disappoint. Aran has been at the forefront of gluten-free cooking and baking. She is one of the leaders that has taken on the unenviable task of figuring out how different flours {like chestnut, hazelnut, quinoa, buckwheat, the list goes on} work WELL together to make recipes that have health benefits, but are also full on flavor. Chocolate & Sweet Potato Doughnuts, Roasted Pumpkin Ice Cream Sundaes, Glazed Apple and Chestnut Bundt Cakes, the list goes on with her elegant, but healthful recipes. This will make it easier for future pastry chefs and home cooks to come up with innovative recipes with different flours. While I don't have a completely gluten-free home and I've just recently been experimenting with this type of baking for my own family, I have made some simple and healthy changes in my home since buying this book. The book has inspired me and it is fun experimenting with all of these new flours I had never used before. the photography is stunning, to boot. And her stories, as always, transform me to her hometown in the Basque Country, Spain. It's a BIG book filled with guidance, and so, so much inspiration. This is already a staple cookbook and stand-out in my very-filled cookbook collection.
-Amy Atlas