Profile for Patricia Gonzalez > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Patricia Gonzalez RSS Feed (San Diego, Ca)

Bulova Women's 96T49 Crystal Pendant and Bracelet Set White Dial Watch
Bulova Women's 96T49 Crystal Pendant and Bracelet Set White Dial Watch
Offered by Dexclusive
Price: $119.99
8 used & new from $115.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch!!!, December 14, 2010
I received this watch as a birthday gift and it is such a very pretty watch. It's a very girly watch. It sparkles like crazy in the light and I've decided not to adjust the length. I have a medium sized wrist and I could easily remove 3-4 of the "links" to have it fit, but the longer bracelet look really appeals to me with this watch. I feel like I'm wearing a tennis bracelet and a watch at the same time. I don't think it's waterproof, so I remove it to work-out. The dial is easy to read without my reading glasses.

Sterling Silver Freshwater Cultured Pearl (8-8.5 mm) "Tin Cup" Necklace, 18"
Sterling Silver Freshwater Cultured Pearl (8-8.5 mm) "Tin Cup" Necklace, 18"
Price: $49.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect understated elegance, December 14, 2010
Dresses up a t-shirt (really!) and can be worn with work outfits as well as for special occasions. Very versatile, classy, not over the top, just simple, elegant, fun...whatever you want it to be. Note: Makes an excellent birthday gift-- I received it as a birthday gift and it makes it that more special to me!

Contact
Contact
by Carl Sagan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $5.78
360 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The audio version is incredible, July 9, 2008
This review is from: Contact (Mass Market Paperback)
My regrets that I watched the movie and then bought the book. I read the the first few chapters and was a little thrown off by the difference in Dr. Arroway's character. A few months later (book half read) I received the audio version as a late birthday present, and I was absolutley captivated by Jodie Foster's voice as she took me through the book. Without a doubt the book offers the reader something the movie just could not deliver. I would suggest reading the book first and then renting the DVD. It's fun to pull together the theatrical elements and the very philosphical points that Carl Sagan throws in there for the atheist and agnostic reader. Thought provoking and a very good read.

Managing Human Resources: Productivity, Quality of Work Life, Profits
Managing Human Resources: Productivity, Quality of Work Life, Profits
by Wayne F. Cascio
63 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Productivity is key, July 9, 2008
This book is an overview of productivity and how to effectively manage the cornerstone of HR. It's an excellent read for those readers wanting a broad overview, but may be a disappointment for readers searching for canned metrics on productivity and quantitative measures of human resources.

The Kite Runner (Riverhead Essential Editions)
The Kite Runner (Riverhead Essential Editions)
by Khaled Hosseini
Price: $13.53
376 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful story, July 9, 2008
This story enriches the reader with culture, the different and sometimes unspoken facets of a father-son relationship, and offers the reader a glimpse of a foreign land and the effects war has on its people and customs. It gives you a raw taste of the cruelty and lack of compassion that exists in the world, but also within its metaphors gives the reader peace and optimism that kindness, traditions, and love can also co-exist. I would highly recommend the read, but be patient...don't skip ahead...instead savor every word for every sentence is creatively placed to build the story that just takes off. This is a beautiful story of trajedy, forgiveness, and acceptance. Well done Mr. Hosseini!