Profile for Raymond C. Senn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Raymond C. Senn RSS Feed (Wyckoff, New Jersey USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Back To Front - Live In London Deluxe Limited Edition [Blu-ray]
Back To Front - Live In London Deluxe Limited Edition [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Peter Gabriel
Price: $50.38
11 used & new from $39.93

5.0 out of 5 stars This is The BLU-RAY edition for anyone concerned, June 23, 2014
Nice box. A bit overpriced for what it is ... but good for a collector of things that are Peter Gabriel. I also wanted to let everyone know that this is in fact the Blu-ray version of the collectors edition so don't be scared by the description that is wrong stating that the format is DVD.

There is another collectors edition for about $10 less that is clearly labeled as 2- DVD/2-CD so if that is the version you want, then that is the one you should order....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2014 5:34 PM PDT

Sony FACS1M Camera Cables
Sony FACS1M Camera Cables
Price: $48.00
4 used & new from $48.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Added bonus if you buy 2 of these puppies, March 20, 2014
In case any of you are wondering there is an added bonus if you own two of these. One of them would go on the hot shoe of the camera of course (in my case a Sony DSC RX1) and a second one can go on the shoe on the flash unit (which in my case is HVL FM 60). Then with a connecting cable you have a great set up. You may ask why would you do this since there is a connect port already on the flash unit? Well in my case I am getting a DSLR Quick cage from Wooden camera. I could then mount the adapter on the cage. Then anytime I want to use my flash I simply clip it onto the adapter which would already be wired to the other adapter on the camera shoe which I would have placed on the camera before installing the camera into the cage. The advantage really comes down to safety and neatness. If I were to damage anything it would probably be on the adapter mounted to the top of the cage instead of on the weird shoe on the flash which would be a more costly fix. For neatness I would not have to open the silly plastic door on the flash and have the potential of yanking it off since the cable would be screwed into the adapter instead of into the port behind that plastic door. Granted this is a very expensive proposition since it costs around $180 for the Sony connecting cable, a Sony extension cable and the two adapters but I really like the versatility and the look of this set up and some of you may too. I have not gotten the wooden camera DSLR quick cage kit yet, but I think this set up will be quite awesome when I make the purchase. This beats the slave to camera flash option and any wireless option that may be out there (and we know that for Sony, there aren't too many options for the multi interface shoe). I wasn't sure if this set up of having the two adapters wired together would work until I tried it. I must say that wiring up the flash to the camera using the two adapters and connection cable works really really well.

NAD Electronics VISO1 AP Wireless Digital Music System with AirPlay and Bluetooth (Black)
Offered by ListenUp
Price: $599.00
5 used & new from $599.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Exchanged the Marantz consolette for this NAD (in black) and have zero regrets!, September 21, 2013
Why I exchanged a Marantz Consolette for the NAD VISO 1 AP....

I had been using a Bose Soundlink portable for my iPad and MacBook Pro's audio needs but soon decided that I wanted something bigger and better. I started my quest by purchasing a Marantz Consolette which given the current discounted price was quite a bargain. In many ways it lives up to its fine reputation by the many online reviewers; On the other hand I did have some issues with the Marantz which was a deal breaker for me. I tried to load an available firmware update but no matter what I tried to do, the update would always fail. I also had problems with the iOS app that never seemed to work. These were some of the reasons why I returned the unit and purchased an NAD VISO 1 AP as its replacement, especially when I found out that the NAD had both Bluetooth AND Airplay (unlike the Marantz). I am very happy that I made the switch. To me the NAD sounds better than the Marantz did since it has much fuller bass. It does not play quite as loud as the Marantz but I'm still very happy with the overall volume which has no distortion even at maximum setting. Bluetooth sounds surprisingly good even though I use a non adapt-x codec. Sure the Marantz looks lovely in the back with that wonderful wood and it certainly has an excellent remote compared to the cheesy one that comes with the NAD, but when I look at their fronts, I liked the NAD better. It is extremely stylish and unique in its own way. I also like the fact that the NAD is an all digital design which includes an optical input. I paid full price for the NAD ($599) which was the same price as the discounted Marantz so it was an "Even-Steven" trade-off when I returned the Marantz for the NAD VISO 1 AP. The Marantz Consolette is a fine piece of equipment and when given a high-quality music source it does sound pretty fantastic. However, I do think that lower quality sources do sound a little bit sour coming out of that unit. The NAD sounds pretty great with all kinds music, even lower bit MP3. I even find myself using it's Bluetooth mode most of the time because it's that good. I am not saying that the NAD doesn't have any flaws since it does lose its network settings when I leave it in standby mode for extended period. I suppose that could be the fault of my Apple network and I must point out that the NAD gets it DNS settings restored very quickly after I power cycle it. This is only a problem when using the standby power mode. To avoid having to reset it, I can simply leave it turned on 24-7. Besides, the Bluetooth indicator on the great touch panel is such a lovely blue that I do not mind seeing it day and night!

Overall I am extremely pleased with the NAD VISO 1 AP. Such a fine unit and worth every penny. Quite a remarkable piece of engineering.

NAD Electronics VISO1 AP Wireless Digital Music System with AirPlay and Bluetooth (White)
Offered by GRAMOPHONE
Price: $599.00
5 used & new from $599.00

Why I exchanged a Marantz Consolette for the NAD VISO 1 AP....

Sony Alpha Filter DSLR Lens Diameter 49mm
Sony Alpha Filter DSLR Lens Diameter 49mm
Offered by PORTABLE GUY
Price: $39.33
3 used & new from $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality -Perfect match for my SONY DSC-RX1, March 9, 2013
This was my first lens protector for my SONY DSC-RX1 lens and I am extremely pleased with its fit and finish. There is no image degradation whatsoever. What I like best about it is that the bayonet mount for the RX one can still be used on top of this lens protector. In fact I even use my neutral density filter or my polarizer filter right on top of the basic protector and I can still use the bayonet mount and still with no image degradation. 100% recommended!

Kaiser 206108 19.7-Inch Cloth Disk Lock Cable Release
Kaiser 206108 19.7-Inch Cloth Disk Lock Cable Release

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality construction, March 9, 2013
This cable release has a really nice feel to it and it is constructed very well. Most importantly it does not feel like a China made knockoff like some of the others that are available. Worth the extra coin.

Promaster SystemPRO Tripod Bag - TB-1
Promaster SystemPRO Tripod Bag - TB-1
Offered by Idaho Camera
Price: $14.96
9 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars TB-1 is great... TB-2 is even better!, March 9, 2013
I started out by getting TB-1 and it was wonderful product, nicely constructed and it was really good except it was too small for my XC522 tripod so I wound up getting the TB-2 and it fit my needs 100%. You can't go wrong with any of the bags in this series and I highly recommend them all. As for the price to performance ratio, you get a lot of bang for the buck!

Live Free Or Die Hard (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)
Live Free Or Die Hard (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)
DVD ~ Bruce Willis
Offered by Anchor*Media
Price: $14.49
37 used & new from $4.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Heads up: Only the DVD contains the Unrated Version, February 8, 2013
Just a word of advice. This is a new 2013 Blu-ray / DVD combo set. Even though the description from Amazon said it is rated R, the movie itself on the Blu-ray is actually rated the theatrical PG-13 version. Only the DVD contains the unrated cut of the film so if you are looking for the Unrated Version on Blu-ray, you will not find it here. When I returned the disk to Amazon, I recommended that they should update the product description to avoid other customers from being confused as I was. As always, returning the product to Amazon was a straightforward procedure and they will refund most if not all of my return shipping fee.

Promaster SystemPRO Tripod Bag - TB-2
Promaster SystemPRO Tripod Bag - TB-2
Offered by Idaho Camera
Price: $16.96
7 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for the Promaster XC522, January 26, 2013
I was looking for a case for my Promaster XC522 and while I originally purchased the TB-1 based on a Promaster support query, it turned out that their advice was wrong and the tripod did not quite fit in the bag. I arranged for an exchange through Idaho camera for the TB-2 and I am very pleased with the end result. The TB-2 is made of really nice study material with excellent construction. The external compartment comes in handy and I like the fact that the XC522 fits in the bag with legs folded over OR with the legs left in the extended position. Great fit and finish and the TB-2 complements the tripod well. Very pleased with this purchase even considering that it wound up costing me $35 with all the shipping costs involved in getting the TB-1 exchanged for the TB-2. Lesson learned - I probably should have asked Idaho Camera which bag would fit instead of thru Promaster support.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2014 4:24 PM PST

Sony LCJRXB/B Genuine Leather Jacket Case for Camera (Black)
Sony LCJRXB/B Genuine Leather Jacket Case for Camera (Black)
Offered by PORTABLE GUY
Price: $199.99
14 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exudes quality, January 4, 2013
I did purchase this case (originally at full price but was able to work out a discount later on). My DSC-RX1 arrived a few weeks before the case did and as a result I wound up NOT using the camera right away because I did not feel comfortable going "out and about" with my RX1 'naked' and without proper protection. The leather case is pricey yes, but I have to say that it is created using top quality leather > One sniff and I reminded of the time when I worked for my Grandfather as a youth; He raised Arabian Horses and used some really fine & expensive leather Saddles back then...

The stitching on the case is really nice too and I like the super soft extra padding sewn inside. No flaws that I can see. Very protective and yes, just to comment on what was said, the SONY logo is indeed centered perfectly and imbedded into the front of the housing. I think that the design is quite genious actually, especially in real world use where it is so easy to quickly unclip and remove the top cover for a quick photo while leaving a nice protective portion on the camera itself. I also find that portion of the case which is screwed into the tripod mount also makes the camera easier to hold and compose a shot. I basically felt compelled to write this review to counteract Robert's 1 star "review" below. I am very pleased with this case and its overall design. I always liked my case for my DSC-R1 that I bought back in 2005 (and still going strong) but I missed many a shot since I could never get the R1 out of the case quickly enough... that won't be a problem with the LCJRXB/B~! No regrets...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2013 7:38 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2