Profile for Krupali Tejura > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Krupali Tejura RSS Feed

Have a Little Faith: A True Story
Have a Little Faith: A True Story
by Mitch Albom
Price: $23.99
927 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Revived my Faith in Albom, October 20, 2009
I enjoyed 'Tuesdays with Morrie' written 10 years ago, not really was a fan of 'The Five People You Met in Heaven', so when I saw this new book by Albom, I was a bit hesitant to be quite frank.

I started the book at 6pm, and by 9 pm I had read it cover to cover. I was intrigued, mesmerized, inspired, and content with the read. I think Albom again has captured what he has always had the ability to do: write about the human spirit.

I highly recommend the book to all. Give it a try.

The Road of Lost Innocence: The Story of a Cambodian Heroine (Random House Reader's Circle)
by Somaly Mam
Price: $11.42
103 used & new from $2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Devastating Story That Will Make You Angry, Sick, Sad, and Hopefully Inspire You To Do Something., August 27, 2009
A few weeks ago a friend came across this book when they were delayed at an airport. After reading it they sent me an email about a book that made them so angry, that they had figured out what they wanted to do to change a little bit of this world.

A week later an Amazon box arrived at my doorstep with the book inside.

I opened it, read it in a day, and was devastated.

This book is powerful. A story of Somaly Mam, a young girl who was sold at an early age into prostitution in Cambodia... it is the raw truth of her experiences she had, watching her friend being shot in the head, to being covered with maggots to instill fear inside of her, to forcefully being thrown into rooms filled with men to 'do her duty'.

Each encounter was a vivid painful memory. Her story of how she came to start an organization to help these women is inspiring and phenomenal. It makes you want to go out and help her, and others in the world who are suffering from this tragedy.

A quote from the book that touched me is the following:
"I strongly believe that love is the answer and that it can mend even the deepest unseen wounds. Love can heal, love can console, love can strengthen, and yes, love can make change." -- Somaly Mam

I highly recommend the read. It will change a piece of you forever.

Sita Sings The Blues
Sita Sings The Blues
DVD ~ Annette Hanshaw
16 used & new from $36.98

5.0 out of 5 stars An Incredible Adventure Through Animation, July 8, 2009
This review is from: Sita Sings The Blues (DVD)
I was lucky enough to see this film at the Disney Concert Hall during a Los Angeles showing around a year ago. I was mesmerized from the first minutes of the film.

I have to be upfront in saying that I had emailed Nina Paley, the director beforehand, and she became a blogging friend of mine. I learned about the the toils, the tribulations, and what effort she had to go through to put this film together, and the film didn't dissapoint.

The film is fantastic, with different styles of animation, good music, and the story which intertwines the lives of Sita, from the Ramayana, and Nina, the director/animator's life, is quite brilliant.

It has received many accolades, applauses, and the like...I truly recommend it to all my friends and colleagues.

Go NINA GO!

MAXX NEW YORK Chick Pea Small Satchel
MAXX NEW YORK Chick Pea Small Satchel

5.0 out of 5 stars This Chick Pea Satchel Blew me AWAY!, October 15, 2007
I bought the black satchel...the most I have ever spent on a purse.. a splurge on myself..and am in love. I have never gotten so many compliments on a purse, and this piece of art, yes art, is filled with enough room for my chaotic life.

It has a nice area to slide my iphone in, another pocket for my wallet, and other little areas to stuff lipstick to other little do-hickeys.

LOVE it.

I am sad they ran out of the brown version, I would've bought it too.
No joke.

Handbook of Evidence-based Radiation Oncology
Handbook of Evidence-based Radiation Oncology
by Eric K. Hansen
26 used & new from $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE, June 24, 2007
This book is fantastic...concise, easy to carry around, and has tons of pearls, and pertinent studies that you need to know. I wish I had it at the beginning of residency....but better late than never! Kudos!!!

Arrested Development: Season 1
Arrested Development: Season 1
DVD ~ Jason Bateman
Offered by BuymeCheap
Price: $12.25
280 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrested Development is an Amazing Delight, November 18, 2005
AR is the best show on TV, why FOX is canning it, I don't know.. big big mistake FOX... this show is witty, hysterical, and just plain fun to watch...bought it for me, my friend, and my family... love it... the BLUTHS ROCK!

Spellbound
Spellbound
DVD ~ Angela Arenivar
Offered by RareFlix-N-Classix
Price: $42.95
52 used & new from $0.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MOVIE!, June 22, 2004
This review is from: Spellbound (DVD)
Don't be fooled by the title or subject matter--thinking that it will be dry and boring. This is a wonderful docudrama based on the National Spelling Bee, and the drama behind the preparation. This movie follows 6 kids? and their families, through the ordeal. It is both funny and sad how each family and the kids deals with going to this 'competition'. Loved every moment of it, and I think that the DVD follows other kids who were cut from the original flick!