Profile for Loanarranger > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Loanarranger "Friend of Tonto" RSS Feed (Tennessee, USA)

Adobe Illustrator CS2 Classroom in a Book (CD-Rom Included)
Adobe Illustrator CS2 Classroom in a Book (CD-Rom Included)
by Adobe Creative Team
98 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars As a beginner, this book helped me a lot, January 23, 2007
Being a newbie in the graphics arts department, I have purchased a few books on the subject (forget the Adobe help section!), and while "CS2 In A Classroom" is more or less "official" Adobe stuff, it is written so that one like myself with just a little experience with Illustrator can duplicate and understand the material, having to "fill in" on occassion when a subject seems to be a bit glossed over. If you're on my level, get the book. You'll be glad you did.

Paul Sheriff Teaches Visual Basic 6
Paul Sheriff Teaches Visual Basic 6
by Paul D. Sheriff
55 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The 3 Amigos, August 3, 2005
I've been wrestling with trying to review this book, along with two others I purchased as a package recently, and I came to the conclusion that I can't review this book alone, I have to review all three together. I'm reading them all simultaneously, and the similarities and differences, combined together, are making the study of Visual Basic 6.0 an extremely enjoyable experience. The other two are: (1) Visual Basic 6 Complete published by CYBEX (2) Step by Step Visual Basic 6.0 by Microsoft Press. Again, I can heartily recommend the combination of all three read at the same time. You will feel as if you are getting Visual Basic training at an accelerated pace, even tho, you will probably lose track of what book covered which topic. So far, at any rate, doing it this way is working out very well for me. Try it.

Visual Basic 6 Complete
Visual Basic 6 Complete
by Steve Brown
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Trio Of Good Books, August 3, 2005
I've been wrestling with trying to review this book, along with two others I purchased as a package recently, and I came to the conclusion that I can't review this book alone, I have to review all three together. I'm reading them all simultaneously, and the similarities and differences, combined together, are making the study of Visual Basic 6.0 an extremely enjoyable experience. The other two are: (1) Visual Basic 6 by Paul Sherrif (2) Step by Step Visual Basic 6.0 by Microsoft Press. Again, I can heartily recommend the combination of all three read at the same time. You will feel as if you are getting Visual Basic training at an accelerated pace, even tho, you will probably lose track of what book covered which topic. So far, at any rate, doing it this way is working out very well for me. Try it.

Microsoft® Visual Basic®  Professional 6.0 Step by Step (Step by Step Developer)
Microsoft® Visual Basic® Professional 6.0 Step by Step (Step by Step Developer)
by Michael Halvorson
139 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Guided "stepping", July 23, 2005
I'm only on page 78, and already I can tell that I'm going to enjoy and learn from this book. Not being familiar with Mr. Halvorson's work, I was a little leary when I noticed that this book was published by Microsoft Press. Dreading page after page of nearly non-human jargon and wording, I was most pleasantly surprised when I began my journey through the easy-to-read pages. If you can follow a recipe, you can learn from this book. Heck, even if you can't follow a recipe, you can still learn, as long as you're willing to do the exercises. Being a beginner in the programming field, I can heartily recommend Microsoft's and Mr. Halvorson's version of VB 6.0 training.