Profile for Lance K. Wig > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lance K. Wig "Vodagun" RSS Feed (Asheville, NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
PUR 18 Cup Dispenser w/ 1 Filter
PUR 18 Cup Dispenser w/ 1 Filter
Price: $20.79
15 used & new from $20.79

4.0 out of 5 stars The build quality of this thing is fairly cheap. ..., December 15, 2014
The build quality of this thing is fairly cheap. I expect it to break in about 1-2 years. The handle feels flimsy and of the cheapest plastic. If I manage to drop the cover one day, I feel certain it will crack and break. What do you expect? You get what you pay for.

Otherwise it works. It seems to have a "counter-balance" action where you need to pour more water up top to get the bottom fully filled.

Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 16GB USB 2.0 (DTSE9H/16GBZET)
Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 16GB USB 2.0 (DTSE9H/16GBZET)
Price: $7.99
13 used & new from $6.78

5.0 out of 5 stars These have a nice high quality build to them, December 15, 2014
These have a nice high quality build to them. They will last for many years. My only complaint is that they kind of "shriek" when inserted into a port (OK, may I imagine the sound). It's just not a smooth fit due to the metal. In time, it will wear and fit correctly. Most USB hubs are made from a smoother metal that slides in easier. This is a rougher quality metal. It's a small complaint.

Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX for PC and Mac
Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX for PC and Mac
Offered by T.R.G.
Price: $62.50
134 used & new from $38.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I rarely find one I like. I was tired of my Apple mouse jumping ..., December 15, 2014
I have Aspergers and mice have been a point of anxiety for me. I rarely find one I like. I was tired of my Apple mouse jumping all over the screen due to bluetooth issues. When I first got this mouse I didn't like the body at all. We have to remember that there is about a 1-month break-in period where your hand gets used to the new design. These days I like the contour quite well. It's light weight and tracks quite well.

I'm unimpressed with the range of the dongle. It did not work well in the back of my Mac Mini. I wound up having to plug the dongle into a USB hub so the mouse had line of sight. Even some days, if the hub is slightly crooked, the cursor will jump around. Adjusting the line of sight fixes the matter.

The device holds a charge for many weeks and charges fast. That is a welcome change to constantly having to remove a panel and put in batteries.

I programmed all the buttons but never use these. I just found it too hard to find the buttons I wanted. I think that is my own problem. I need more practice perhaps. The most useful button is the bottom thumb button as it's a big easy plate to hit. I find the two smaller top thumb buttons nearly useless because it's way to easy to hit the wrong one. Also useless is the "left-tilt" and "right-tilt" scroll buttons as these are too touchy and don't give tactile feedback. The top "wheel button" is also useless because you hit it and inadvertently scroll the screen. Let's say there are a total of "three" useful buttons on this thing -> The two traditional finger buttons and the thumb plate.

The wheel is very nice and can either be set to "click-scroll" (which I hate) or be smooth.

I have not experienced any tunnel-carpal symptoms now that my hand is used to the steep body. If you are coming off a "thin mouse" like the Apple mouse, give yourself some time to adjust.

AmazonBasics 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 5V/2.5A power adapter
AmazonBasics 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 5V/2.5A power adapter
Price: $18.99
11 used & new from $15.29

4.0 out of 5 stars It works like it should but more than once, December 15, 2014
Ah, you get what you pay for. What can you say about a hub? It works like it should but more than once, I've been able to stick in a USB upside-down. The fittings are a bit loose so that is disappointing.

Arkon Travel iPad and Android Tablet Stand for Apple iPad Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Galaxy Tab Nexus 7
Price: $12.95
11 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It has turned my iPad into a useful "super station" on my kitchen bar, December 15, 2014
One of the most simplistic and smartest products I've purchased all year. It has turned my iPad into a useful "super station" on my kitchen bar. My only complaint is that the little pads are now lifting out and causing the iPad to stick to the base when pulled out. A better design would have not used "stickum" pads that will eventually wear out.

The actual mechanism has a sturdy feel to it which I feel will stand up to years of use.

Winsome Wood 29-Inch Saddle Seat Stool, Walnut
Winsome Wood 29-Inch Saddle Seat Stool, Walnut
Offered by Cymax
Price: Click here to see our price
17 used & new from $31.72

3.0 out of 5 stars The wood seems like good quality but the joints fall apart, December 15, 2014
After about two months of use I'm less than impressed. The wood seems like good quality but the joints fall apart. The screws will work themselves out with use. I now have to go to Lowes to pick up locknuts to see if it helps. It's a bad design that could be better. On some of these products they use embedded "bolts" instead of the wood screws that are supplied. I expect this to fall apart in a year or two. You get what you pay for.

Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch K811 Keyboard for Mac, iPad, iPhone - Silver/Black
Price: $79.99
39 used & new from $57.50

5.0 out of 5 stars When I go back to my Apple keyboard (now docked with the iPad) I can tell right away how much better this product is, December 15, 2014
Several months later, I'm still very impressed. This is leaps and bounds ahead of my Apple keyboard. The keys have a firm clicky feel. They give just the right amount. When I go back to my Apple keyboard (now docked with the iPad) I can tell right away how much better this product is. The Apple keyboard seems clunky now by comparison. I don't use the multiple bluetooth feature that much but it works as advertised and switches quickly. It will work with most Apple and Android products. It's not going to work with your Windows Phone because that OS has all kinds of human interface issues. I've successfully paired with a Mac Mini, iPad 3 and HTC Android phone. My Lumia 1520 said, "Huh, What, Hurdur??"

The way the keyboard lights up when you hover over it is something you learn to "expect". When you go back to a dark keyboard, you feel deprived in some way.

The battery holds up for many weeks on end and charges very quickly.

Some hipsters complain about the Logitech logo but I barely notice it. I thought it would bug me but it doesn't.

Take note that one thing that sucks is a lack of "next/prev" track buttons on the top row. There is software like Karabiner that can fix that but I can never remember which keys I programed those functions to. I would have rather seen the bluetooth functions on a separate buttons and have more computer functions on the top row. Bluetooth 1, 2 and 3 take up the first three keys.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2014 6:45 PM PST

Navitas Naturals Organic Cacao Goji Superfood Power Snack, 8-Ounce
Navitas Naturals Organic Cacao Goji Superfood Power Snack, 8-Ounce
Price: $8.09
14 used & new from $7.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Gogi berries really don't taste that great. I have trouble putting these down, December 15, 2014
It's healthy but sadly very hard to eat. Gogi berries really don't taste that great. I have trouble putting these down. I have to keep repeating, "It's healthy. It's healthy".

Davidson's Tea Bulk, Herbal Cranberry Orange, 16-Ounce Bag
Davidson's Tea Bulk, Herbal Cranberry Orange, 16-Ounce Bag
Price: $15.00
4 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars and probably better. They use a good bit of dried fruits ..., December 15, 2014
Phenomenal product at an unbelievable price. I can't believe all the money I've poured into Celestial Seasonings. This tastes very similar...and probably better. They use a good bit of dried fruits along with tea leaves. The tea is so rich you need very little. This will last me all winter. It's still very pleasant two months after purchase.

Premium Loose Leaf Tea Infuser By Schefs - Stainless Steel - Single Cup - Perfect Strainer for Loose Leaf Tea
Offered by Aspire2 Shops
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They seem like something "ready to break" but so far have held ..., December 15, 2014
I've used this for about 2 months now. I wanted to delay review since I was very concerned a about the very thin fastening hooks along the rim. They seem like something "ready to break" but so far have held up to use. The steel seems like a higher quality so I'm hopeful this product will last several years. It's hard to make something so intricate and yet retain quality and Schefs has done an admirable job.

I love the high capacity vessel. It leaves tea leaves "room to expand" and probably gets you more millage out of your tea. This product trumps the traditional "cheapo" tea balls that don't even last three months before the pitiful clasp breaks. It's also much easier to clean. I use this all the time with bulk Davidson's tea found here on Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3