Profile for Grace M. Young > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Grace M. Young "the barefoot pianist" RSS Feed (Connecticut)

My Uncle Keith Died
My Uncle Keith Died
by Carol Ann Loehr
Price: $10.80
18 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for children, May 31, 2014
This review is from: My Uncle Keith Died (Paperback)
Carol Ann Loehr's book is a wonderful way to ease children's hearts in the wake of a suicide death within the family, and will be featured at our annual suicide prevention music benefit on June 7 in Putnam, CT. Thank you, Carol, for writing this important book... together, we can combat suicide and depression, through education and love.

My Bright Shining Star: A Mother's True Story of Brilliance, Love and Suicide
My Bright Shining Star: A Mother's True Story of Brilliance, Love and Suicide
by Rhonda Elkins
Price: $13.28
28 used & new from $11.30

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully written, May 31, 2014
I applaude Rhonda Sellers Elkins for writing this important book. So many lives have been lost to suicide. Her touching tribute to her beautiful daughter Kaitlyn and her personal struggles with grief are heartfelt and moving. My family and I hold an annual suicide prevention music benefit in honor of our son Jack (who also died by suicide) in order to increase awareness of depression, and Rhonda's book will be highlighted in our Featured Authors Corner on June 7. Thank you for sharing your heart with us, Rhonda.

Tomy Water Symphony
Tomy Water Symphony
3 used & new from $31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars whistling fun!, January 4, 2012
This review is from: Tomy Water Symphony (Toy)
my 11 month old twin grandsons LOVE this bath toy! Colorful, easy to use, and durable. It was money well spent.

Pronoia Is the Antidote for Paranoia, Revised and Expanded: How the Whole World Is Conspiring to Shower You with Blessings
by Rob Brezsny
Price: $15.90
115 used & new from $6.70

5.0 out of 5 stars EVERYONE needs to read "Pronoia", April 15, 2010
Rob Brezney's writings will delight your soul, give you a new lease on life, help you figure out the big stuff, encourage you to let go of the little stuff, and generally make you feel good all over. His compassion, intelligence and gentle humor show us that "pronoia" really IS the antidote to paranoia!!! Find out how 'the whole world is conspiring to shower you with blessings." You'll be glad you did.

Crochet Pattern-a-Day: 2010 Day-to-Day Calendar
Crochet Pattern-a-Day: 2010 Day-to-Day Calendar
by Accord Publishing
Edition: Calendar
16 used & new from $11.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Crochet pattern a day a big hit with Mom!!, December 7, 2009
If you crochet, this awesome daily calendar shows you new patterns and designs for each day of the year! Many of them are small enough to be done in one day! And many others were beautiful designs that were easy to follow! My mother loves it!
Thank you, shipping was quick!!

Dr Who Cyberman T-shirt, Large
Dr Who Cyberman T-shirt, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Who shirt a big hit with my brother!, December 7, 2009
This review is from: Dr Who Cyberman T-shirt (Apparel)
I am so pleased with this purchase!! My brother's birthday gift was a big hit! The item cam quickly, and was perfect! Thanks!

The Worst Loss: How Families Heal from the Death of a Child
The Worst Loss: How Families Heal from the Death of a Child
by Barbara D. Rosof
Price: $15.62
188 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars comprehensive look at personal grief, November 10, 2007
I have read many books since my son committed suicide on his 27th birthday. This book is helpful in that it looks at all causes of the death of a child,not just sucide, but murder, accident and illness. This book can be helpful not only to parents, but siblings. This book was very helpful to us during our grieving. It is well written and well researched. There are many cases discussed, which gives you the feeling that you are not alone, and that what you are feeling is a normal part of the grieving process. Very helpful.

Grieving the Unexpected: The Suicide of a Son
Grieving the Unexpected: The Suicide of a Son
by Dr Gary LeBlanc
Price: $8.95
45 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars help for grief's journey, November 10, 2007
This small book is a helpful look at the journey of grief a parent takes during the loss of their child. Scripture is highlighted, and the author is succinct and compassionate. It encourages Faith in God and His plan for us.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2012 6:00 AM PDT

The Well-Tempered Clavier: Books I and II, Complete (Dover Music for Piano)
The Well-Tempered Clavier: Books I and II, Complete (Dover Music for Piano)
by Johann Sebastian Bach
Price: $11.82
66 used & new from $4.71

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous stuff, November 10, 2007
Any pianist would be honored to own Bach's "Clavier"...
This book moves through his growth as a pianist and musician.
A 'must-have' for any serious pianist.