Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for Galileo > Reviews

Browse

Galileo's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Galileo RSS Feed

The Rough Guide to Rajasthan, Delhi  &  Agra
The Rough Guide to Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra
by Daniel Jacobs
43 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of useful information and spot-on reviews, January 11, 2010
We used this rough guide as our only travel book to make our way through Delhi and the rest of the golden triangle, and it was really indispensable for us as first-time travelers to India. We used a lot of the hotel and restaurant recommendations, and found their reviews of these places to be pretty much spot-on for both the good and bad. The train and bus schedules (and contact info) were up-to-date, and we also appreciated that the book alerts you to various scams and tout tactics used in the different cities...let us know what we were in for!

Le Creuset Mini Cocotte Sets
Le Creuset Mini Cocotte Sets
Price: $98.95 - $226.03

3.0 out of 5 stars These are stoneware, not enameled cast iron, January 11, 2010
I was expecting these to be a set of the Le Creuset mini-cocottes that are sold individually by Amazon (and Williams-Sonoma, Sur la table, etc.), but that's not what they are. Those are made of the usual Le Creuset enameled cast iron...this set is made of stoneware, just pottery.

It didn't say in the product description that these were stoneware, and I assumed they were cast-iron because their other mini-cocottes are cast-iron. That said, I probably should have guessed based on the price. I thought I was getting a deal with 4 cast-iron ones for $80; not such a deal when they're light-weight pottery instead.

Anyway, I may still keep them; haven't decided. They're very cute and I'm sure they'll bake well, but I think they're probably overpriced.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2015 11:39 PM PDT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Really? A shipping charge for a gift card?, September 6, 2008
Since when do people have to pay shipping charges for gift cards? I can't think of any other stores that do this. I guess I'll just go to the store to buy it and save $1.95.

Anolon Garlic Press
Anolon Garlic Press

2.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive...yet less functional than I'd hoped, August 22, 2008
This review is from: Anolon Garlic Press (Kitchen)
I generally like all the Anolon accessories - they look nice, and I like the grey rubberized handles - they are my kitchen tools of choice. I bought the garlic press around 6 months ago, and it worked well for a while. I didn't have the same problem that the other reviewer did, but it just seems like the "press" (I don't know what else to call it) has stopped fitting into the other compartment. It's sort of strange, since it's metal and it's not as if it could expand in size (right?), but it just doesn't fit anymore. I do put it in the dishwasher - maybe that's problem. All I know is that I now have a very attractive garlic press that doesn't work.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2014 12:57 AM PDT

Beneath a Marble Sky: A Novel of the Taj Mahal
Beneath a Marble Sky: A Novel of the Taj Mahal
by John Shors
50 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Characters are too one-dimensional, December 27, 2007
This book was a quick and enjoyable read, but it only gets three stars from me because 1) it's a little light on actual history, and 2) I thought the characters were way too one-dimensional. Everyone in the book is either entirely pure and wonderful (Jahanara, her parents, Isa...) or evil incarnate (her brother, her husband). The author should have made the "evil" characters more nuanced. Why was the brother so evil and cruel, for instance? Lack of nuance makes the writing seem immature.