Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
10" Druidic Boline with Leather Sheath
10" Druidic Boline with Leather Sheath
Offered by UnbeatableSale, Inc
Price: $34.17
5 used & new from $25.31

5.0 out of 5 stars gift, August 5, 2015
Gift for another. They were extremely pleased.

Band of Brothers Season 1
Band of Brothers Season 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 22, 2015
Great show that tells the story of the real life trials of a great generation of americans.

TrendenZ Full-finger Tactical Gloves Size M Color Black
TrendenZ Full-finger Tactical Gloves Size M Color Black
Offered by AV SUPPLY
Price: $14.98

3.0 out of 5 stars These gloves are cheap in construction, and the sew ..., June 3, 2015
These gloves are cheap in construction, and the sew pattern used around the base of the finger area is done with the minimal effort, resulting in a restricting fit making it uncomfortable to spread your fingers. I got a size medium, and overall, the gloves fit well.

Rockport Men's Charson Lace-Up Boot,Dark Brown Crazy Horse,8 M US
Rockport Men's Charson Lace-Up Boot,Dark Brown Crazy Horse,8 M US
Price: $109.95
6 used & new from $106.97

5.0 out of 5 stars I can be pretty picky when it comes to footwear, March 17, 2015
I can be pretty picky when it comes to footwear, especially if I am spending in excess of $50+. I am on my feet a ton throughout the day, and lesser shoes leave my feat aching. These are quite comfortable, fit well, and look great. They appear fairly durable, and are completely stylish.

The Gnoll Credo
The Gnoll Credo
by J. Stanton
Price: $14.40
54 used & new from $2.62

5.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommend this book, July 13, 2014
This review is from: The Gnoll Credo (Paperback)
I've been considering reading this novel for quite a while now. Reading the synopsis, I had my doubts initially, expecting yet another twist on the Pocahontas story, though with hyena people rather then blue aliens.

That being said, I took the chance, and was not disappointing. In fact, I have been unable to get the story out of my head.

The story is told in a series of dialogues between the two main characters, Aiden O'Rourke, a human ethnologist, and Gryka, a female Gnoll. The characters may at first appear to be somewhat flat, as I feel the story sort of thrusts the reader right into the main point without any subtly. Their relationship seems to build without much real incentive. However, as the novel progresses, the characters seem grow into themselves.

Once I started reading, I found it impossible to stop, which really speaks for the characters. The two characters managed to win over my attention based solely on the strength of their unusual relationship with each other.

The entire point of the novel seemed to try and argue a philosophy based around returning to nature in a sense, which speaks to me personally. That in mind, it was easy to overlook the sometimes confusing setting (established government seeming to be medieval one moment, then discussing the use of bicycles, and smart phones.) This setting was used as a metaphor, and did indeed further the philosophy being proposed.

Overall, I loved the book and would definitely suggest it to anyone who longs for a simpler life with less needless complications. It is a quick read that I put away in only 4 hours (when I should have been sleeping.) I've never had such a short read stay with me long after it's done.

Q-Workshop Polyhedral 7-Die Set: Green & Black Forest Dice
Q-Workshop Polyhedral 7-Die Set: Green & Black Forest Dice
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $14.19
48 used & new from $14.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Good dice, April 11, 2014
Their dice. It's hard to mess up dice. The carvings are nice and neat and give it a unique appearance. I tend to play nature characters like druids or rangers, and so this is perfect for my usual flavor

Armor Venue - Triple Lobed Godfred Sword - Metallic - One Size Armour
Armor Venue - Triple Lobed Godfred Sword - Metallic - One Size Armour

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall, It's a decent blade for the price, January 6, 2014
First, Let me start off with my background. I have been highly fascinated by bladed weapons since I was a kid. This has lead me to spend the last 10 years studying and researching blades and more recently, bladesmithing, with a particular focus on viking era weaponry. I am a practicing bladesmith, So I will probably have a slightly more critical eye than the casual customer.

Now, background aside, the sword. Right out of the box, it has a slightly heavy feel, though definitely not unmanageable by any means. The blade I ordered was supposed to come sharp, but the thing is so dull, I wouldn't be able to cut a stick of butter. This means I will have to sharpen the thing before I can do a cut test with it. Once, sharpened, I bet the blade will perform better weight wise. the blade itself is springy and flexible, without having an overly whippy feeling to it when swung.

The description read a claim to historical accuracy, and all I can say is there are a few inaccurate things, nothing too major. The grip is just a tad too long, and the blades point ends in a diamond cross section, which, to my knowledge, has not been found on any historical finds. The Pommel itself does appear as if it has a two piece construction, which is historically accurate to the type of sword. However, it appears as if the tang is peened through both pieces, instead of just the piece closest to the grip. It does appear the two are riveted together, though the rivets were slightly loose when I got it.

The hilt seems solid overall, despite the minor flaws, with no rattle or loose fittings, other than the two rivets that where rather quick and easy to hammer into place better. the leather wrap seems fairly tight, though once I get the blade sharpened and some test cuts done, we will see just how that holds with normal use.

The accompanying leather wrapped scabbard is actually of surprising quality, if not a little tight on the blade. Takes some muscle to draw the blade quickly, though that means it will never slide free on its own.

Overall, keep in mind that real upper end swords can go for a much as $3000. This is not an upper end blade, but for the price, I would say it's a good buy. Decent quality as far as durability goes, while remembering I have not done a cutting test with it.

Thanks for bearing with me in my lengthy review, Hope I was helpful

VT PenPad 7.7-Inch Graphic Pen Tablet (Black)
VT PenPad 7.7-Inch Graphic Pen Tablet (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I need it too, December 29, 2013
This is my first Graphic tablet, so with that in mind, I would just like to say that it is exactly what I needed it to be, and at a decent price too!

Solo Stove Lite - Compact Wood Burning Backpacking Stove
Solo Stove Lite - Compact Wood Burning Backpacking Stove
Offered by Solo Stove
Price: $79.99
2 used & new from $65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 23, 2013
Awesome camp stove for solo backpacking trips up the canyon. I was skeptical at first, but quickly fell in love.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars I would hardly dare drink from it., April 23, 2013
Cheap rim around the mouth of the horn is extremely thin, and came completely mangled. Also, to fit it to the horn itself, they ground down the horn, causing fractures and flakes on the inside. It came wrapped in a heavily oiled newspaper wrapping, and as I said, the metal parts were mangled beyond repair. If you are searching for a good drinking horn, this is certainly not it.

Page: 1 | 2