Profile for G. West > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. West RSS Feed (Raleigh, NC)

Grateful Dead Vs Phish
Grateful Dead Vs Phish
Price: $19.97
33 used & new from $9.39

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Music! This Is A Comparative History of The Bands, October 24, 2013
This review is from: Grateful Dead Vs Phish (Audio CD)
I was wondering what the heck this product is!?!? There are no songs to be found here, it is essentially an audio book giving a comparative history of the Grateful Dead and of Phish. Disc one appears to be about the Dead, and disc two explores the history and bio of Phish. This product seems like a waste of space, since most fans and Phans will most likely already know most of the info found on these discs. You can listen to samples here to get the full picture here: (copy and paste the following link) [...]

The Orange Box - PC
The Orange Box - PC
Offered by J&S GAMES
Price: $13.81
61 used & new from $1.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Deal For Half-Life 2 Alone!, September 16, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Orange Box - PC (DVD-ROM)
Hey, not sure how much anyone else paid for this, but it only cost me $20. Half-Life 2 may be older, but it blows away many modern games. If you've never played Portal, you are missing out to be certain. Someday, I plan on playing Team Fortress 2, but the Half-Life games have my full attention and great replay value! Just started playing through HL2 again.... and everything is subjective - because unlike another reviewer, I LOVED the times I was driving the vehicles around - especially the hovercycle. In fact, when I got to the destination in the hovercycle sequence, I spun around and doubled back! Be sure you have a fast internet connection, except the whole Steam-as-a-necessary-evil deal, make sure your PC has the necessary specs and BUY THIS ORANGE BOX!

Microplane 34006 4-Sided Box Grater
Microplane 34006 4-Sided Box Grater
Price: $34.95
42 used & new from $34.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed Product From Great Company, March 1, 2012
We received this as a gift from someone who knows our passion for all things cheese. We were very ecstatic! A little over a year later, and I am on Amazon ordering a new grater from a different company. For those of you who are happy with this grater, prepare to be disappointed down the road!

As others have stated, the blades on this grater are Microplane quality; however, the plastic they are encased in is too weak to stand up to heavy use. To be fair, I do use our grater almost daily, really only for cheese though. The first part to go was the plastic on the fine blade assembly - just a few months in. Then the plastic that holds the coarse blade completely fell apart across the top. Our grater has never seen the inside of a dishwasher; we hand wash anything we care about, like the majority of our kitchen tools.

If Microplane would make a professional level box grater that eschewed the plastic for a solid metal design, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Unless you only use your grater once a week or less, I would recommend spending your hard-earned cash elsewhere! Of course, if you use your grater less than 5 times a month, why are you considering a $35.00 grater?

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Essentials - Sony PSP
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Essentials - Sony PSP
38 used & new from $1.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Port, October 30, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I LOVE Splinter Cell games - have been playing them for years. Therefore, the day I bought my first PSP, this was one of the first games I picked-up. It was a severe let down (as have been all UbiSoft games for the PSP). There are numerous broken aspects of this game. The one I remember the most was that the graphics were so bad, dark and blurry, there were times that you could not even tell what your character was doing on screen. Add in a broken camera and the game is simply crap.

Thank goodness for Syphon Filter on the PSP! UbiSoft needs to stick to consoles.

Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines - Sony PSP
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines - Sony PSP
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $11.10
48 used & new from $5.54

2.0 out of 5 stars Rent or Borrow This Repetive Short Game!, January 31, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I love my PSP, but Ubisoft does not. They failed miserably when they attempted to port Splinter Cell to the PSP, one of the worst. Bloodline starts off promising, but you will quickly realize the camera is broken and the cities are tiny - both of which combine to keep you from stringing together any epic rooftop runs. Of course, none of the AI really chase you, as they really couldn't care less when you kill someone right in front of them. Not only are the cities small, but they are practically deserted - i.e. boring. Worst of all, when you finish the last scene of the game, you are not given the option to continue to roam the open world of AC. In a free-roaming game, this is ridiculous. They need to look to Rockstar Games to see how it's done.

Rent it or borrow it, but I paid $12 for it and feel ripped off!

Fantom GreenDrive II 1 TB USB 2.0/eSATA Desktop External Hard Drive GDII1000EU
Fantom GreenDrive II 1 TB USB 2.0/eSATA Desktop External Hard Drive GDII1000EU

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this HD, October 13, 2009
I bought the first one of these when my LaCie drive failed. It has been fantastic, and I like that it powers down and hibernates. Yes, it may take a few seconds to power back up when you go to access it, but really, I don't see why these few seconds (maybe 5 - 10) would be an issue. I have one completely filled with music. It works like a champ when I am using it to listen to tunes. It only powers down when it is not being used/accessed. I have never had any issue with it, and liked it so much, I bought another. I have had one for at least a year and the second one for several months. Easily handled file transfer of over 200GB at once! Will be probably buy another one soon!

11/30/12: For the record: I did purchase a second one of these and they are both still going strong. It should be noted that I take great care with my electronics, but there not much to do with these; set them upright on desk with plenty of breathing room - good to go!

LaCie 301819U Brick 500GB USB 2.0 Stackable External Hard Drive Blue
LaCie 301819U Brick 500GB USB 2.0 Stackable External Hard Drive Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars "Brick" Is an Appropriate Name, October 13, 2009
I have purchased two of these... regrettably. I have had problems with both of them (I also have a Maxtor 750 GB One-Touch and two Fantom Green Drives - 1 TB each).

Right of the bat, the cable supplied with the LaCie drives are way too short. They are sitting on my desk with my computer underneath (in the desk cubby designed to hold the computer). There is zero slack, they barely reach. They also get fairly warm, so I am not real keen on leaving them on for long periods when turned on.

One started malfunctioning a few months in, giving me constant Read/Write errors. Customer service was a pain. I kept asking specific questions and getting the run around. After a few crazy number of e-mails, I requested my case be passed to a manager/supervisor. That person DID provide me the answers I was looking for, and I wound up sending the HD to LaCie for repair. They sent me an (obviously) refurbished replacement with mild scuffing on the casing. Soon after recving the replacement, the second LaCie drive began giving me similar errors. I have NEVER experienced any of these issues with any of my other ext. HDs.

I am waiting for them to become their namesakes and be worthless BRICK paperweights. Luckily, I have everything backed-up on the Fantom Drives, which I liked so much, I bought a second one - GREAT drives at GREAT prices! LaCie can suck it!

Tour Grade Guitarist Footstool
Tour Grade Guitarist Footstool
Price: $13.45
6 used & new from $11.90

5.0 out of 5 stars So far So good, October 13, 2009
Works great for me, seems sturdy enough. I am not a small man by any stretch of the imagination, and this is surprisingly strong. I would recommend it for practice.

WHITE SOFT POUCH CARRY CASE BAG GLOVE FOR SONY PSP 2000 SLIM + STRAP
WHITE SOFT POUCH CARRY CASE BAG GLOVE FOR SONY PSP 2000 SLIM + STRAP

2.0 out of 5 stars Kinda' crappy, October 13, 2009
Compared to the one that came with my PSP (the official Sony brand Pouch), this one is seriously lacking. It is very thin and has very little padding. I actually bought this for my girlfriend's PSP slim, and while it does fit somewhat okay, it really doesn't offer any protection. Buck up and spend a little more for something with some decent protective padding

Allway Tool Inc. Mp Ss Mini Wire Brush Smb Wire/Scrub Brushes
Allway Tool Inc. Mp Ss Mini Wire Brush Smb Wire/Scrub Brushes
Offered by Bay 15
Price: $4.25
10 used & new from $0.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've Found Yet, October 13, 2009
Recv'd product very quickly. I have ordered a number of different brands of these types of brushes and this one is far and away the best one yet. The bristles are holding up nicely to some hardcore use for cleaning hard-water deposits off of some heavy-duty plastic (which is what I needed these brushes for). Furthermore, the mini-brush on the tip is great for both getting in hard-to-reach places and hitting things at a different angle. I am actually going to order ten more!