Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for David Shyu > Reviews

Browse

David Shyu's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Shyu "DShyu" RSS Feed (Flushing, Queens USA)

BulkSupplements Pure Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Powder
BulkSupplements Pure Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Powder
Offered by BulkSupplements
Price: $18.96
2 used & new from $17.96

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential part of my morning short stack., September 9, 2015
Very affordable, easy to blend and very little aftertaste. I mixed it up in a 1 quart ziploc container with a proportional dose of BulkSupplements 2:1:1 BCAA to make things easier in the mornings. Just two teaspoons of the Creatine/BCAA mixture + 1/4 teaspoon of the Green Tea extract in 4 oz of water after waking up (and let me just tell ya, that taste of the Green Tea extract WILL wake you up) and I'm off to the gym.

I got the 1 Kilogram (2.2 lb) size and this is a ridiculously large amount of creatine for $19. I remember first hearing of and buying creatine back in 2002 and having to get a small bottle in a locked display case that dispensed creatine out of an eye dropper for over $50. The cost has come way down since then but this is still the best value on the market today.

Solidly recommend for anyone wanting to take their lifting to the next level.
Comment Comment | Permalink

BulkSupplements Pure BCAA 2:1:1 (Branch Chain Amino Acids) Instantized Powder (250 grams)
Offered by BulkSupplements
Price: $14.96
3 used & new from $14.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my short stack, September 9, 2015
I chose to purchase BulkSupplements Branched Chain Amino Acids because I was looking for a product that would aid in post workout recovery and retention of muscle mass gains. Mainly I was after the Leucine in this package, of which due to the 2:1:1 ratio is fully 50% of the package. I've been taking the BCAA powder every morning pre-workouts while in a fasted state (no food 8 hours prior, insulin levels normal) mixed with BulkSupplements own micronized Creatine Monohydrate and Green Tea extract. It's been three weeks since I started this supplement regimen and I can definitely feel the difference in my workouts and recovery times.

I saw other reviews of this tasting bad and I agree it does have an unpleasant bitter crushed pills taste but if you only mix it with 4 oz of water (into which I'm also adding the creatine and green tea extract) you should be able to down this in a few gulps and chase it with a glass of water so it is not really an issue for me.

I can solidly put this product in the "recommend" category. It is exactly what it is billed to be without any of the fancy frills (and expenses) from other BCAA products.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The First Imperium: Crimson Worlds IV
The First Imperium: Crimson Worlds IV
Price: $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A decline in an otherwise much enjoyed series, April 25, 2013
Having read and enjoyed the first three Crimson Worlds books (Marines, Cost of Victory and A Little Rebellion), I was majorly disappointed by Jay Allan's latest addition. We frequently see authors cling onto a good series and drag it down by trying to milk additional books out of it. That is the case here. Jay Allan does attempt to continue some threads left over from the first three books, but many details are left out, rushed and not given any thought at all.

The storytelling jumps months and weeks at a time. There is very little detail or further character development here. Things just happen - even major plot events are treated with just a passing mention. It feels as if the author was impatient to get the book done with.

The combat is treated as trench warfare with missiles. Every single ground combat scene is described in the same way: marines in trenches with "heavy weapons" - SAW's and missile launchers shoot at the enemy, the enemy shoots back, marines die, they retreat to the next trench, rinse, repeat. Apparently these marines have no armor vehicles, artillery, recon drones (space marines are still sticking their heads out of trenches to look around). And as big a deal as the book makes about "learning to fight alongside old enemies", there's actually very very very little of that and again, every single detail of that was left out as well.

This book simply has no substance. An early previous review had used the phrase "that certainly doesn't mean that Jay Allan phoned it in". I beg to differ. He most certainly did "phone it in".

Bottom line, if you enjoyed the first three Crimson Worlds books and liked the characters, you're better off not reading the "First Imperium" storyline at all.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2013 7:41 PM PST

Hegemony
Hegemony
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Science Fiction, September 11, 2012
This review is from: Hegemony (Kindle Edition)
Hegemony starts off slow as the author explains through plot devices the pseudo-science behind how FTL's and ship harnessed singularities work in this universe but once the main story is underway it becomes a pretty riveting read. The characters are well fleshed out and I cared about what happened to them. Not too many typographical errors and they never interfere with the flow of the story unlike many self published works on Amazon. I'm looking forward to the next entry into this series!

Kill Shot: An American Assassin Thriller (The Mitch Rapp Prequel Series Book 2)
Kill Shot: An American Assassin Thriller (The Mitch Rapp Prequel Series Book 2)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Kill Shot: Not his best work, February 9, 2012
I was a little hesitant to purchase this due to the less than stellar reviews but Flynn's previous entry in the series, "American Assassin" also received mixed reviews and was very enjoyable so I took the plunge. Unfortunately, not only is most of this book mediocre, I felt cheated on the price. Don't be fooled by the length of the book - the story ends at 72% in. The rest of the 28% is excerpts from every other Vince Flynn book. The end result is a book I was able to finish in a few hours. I definitely expected more bang for my buck and feel cheated by the publisher and author.

As a previous reviewer stated, the plot was less than riveting and some parts of the plot just seem contrived and predictable because the author was at a loss how to move the story forward. The ending was rushed and abruptly dropped the entire story leaving me with a "that's it?" feeling. It feels like the Mitch Rapp series has met it's end and I will probably not be buying the next book unless it has stellar reviews.
Comment Comments (33) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2013 12:43 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, poorly made and even worse designed, July 27, 2010
Just tried installing the double trigger and guard on my A5 and while the trigger fits where it's supposed to, the guard that showed up with the trigger was much too small! It was like one committee designed the double trigger and another committee on the other side of the world designed the guard and they never talked. Without the guard the item is useless. Very disappointed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs as advertised, April 20, 2010
I am a casual woods ball player using a Tippman A5 with a 14" All American aluminum barrel. At chrono I was able to shoot at 285 fps +/- 5 fps consistently. Given the very consistent air output due to the high quality regulator, I was able to put groupings of 3 shots onto the exact same spot from 25+ feet away. However there is one thing I am unhappy with - these are five year tanks with the date of manufacture/testing clearly labeled on the tank. I ordered mine in March 2010 but received a December 2008 tank, losing 15 months of the 5 years. Otherwise, very happy with the purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2012 5:24 AM PDT