Profile for AJ > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AJ RSS Feed (Las Vegas, NV USA)

Rio
Rio
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So Much Fun!, September 7, 2013
This review is from: Rio (Amazon Instant Video)
I, as well as my 2 year old son, love this movie! It's so funny with a such a wonderful cast of actors; however, the music in this movie is really what makes it so great. Whenever the songs come on, my son and I have to dance because it just makes you want to get up and shake your booty. I just think everything in the movie is wonderful . . . the story, animation, comedic banter, actors, and music. I definitely recommend purchasing this movie for everyone of all ages!

Raven's Shadow Book One: Blood Song (Raven's Shadow 1)
Raven's Shadow Book One: Blood Song (Raven's Shadow 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars..., July 5, 2012
I wish Amazon allowed 1/2 stars, but oh well. Anyway, I have to say I read a lot of books and it has been a loooong time since I've come across a book that I thoroughly enjoyed that has a wonderful story that I do not want to put down. This story was lengthy, but it didn't feel like it. I really didn't want it to end. In many books that I read, there are so many pages of superfluous writing that I have to skip over to get back to the interesting parts; however, in this book, I found there were hardly any pages that were insignificant. It seemed as if something was always happening and everything was so interesting, I was completely captivated by the story. I loved this story and how refreshing it was. I really can't wait until the sequel. I would have given it 5 stars, but the reason I took off a 1/2 star is because of all the grammatical errors. I'm not sure if that's because of the editor or if because it was a Kindle edition and sometimes with Kindle, they seem to mess up a lot of the grammar. The only other negative thing I can point out, is that sometimes all of the unusual names and places made it difficult to follow. There were a few times I was confused on who the author was referring to and the place. But I quickly caught on after a stumble here and there and I was so enthralled with the story, it didn't matter all that much.

To sum up, I really recommend this book if you enjoy fantasy or science fiction. I really liked the main character, Vaelin Al Sorna; a true hero and an ideal man. Can't wait for book 2!

Update: after I thought about it, I really should have rated this 5 stars, instead of 4. I can't stop thinking about it and thinking it really is a great story. I can't seem to enjoy any books lately because they don't seem to compare; hurry with book 2 please!

The Thinara King: A Saga of Ancient Greece (The Child of the Erinyes Book 2)
The Thinara King: A Saga of Ancient Greece (The Child of the Erinyes Book 2)
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars More Like 3.5 Stars..., June 17, 2012
I would give the Thinara King more like 3.5 stars. I have to first say that I did like the story and the concept was interesting. The book kept my interest, although there were many parts I found myself skipping over because it seemed like too much insignificant babble. The biggest problem I have with this story, which is the second book in the series (the first book being "The Year-god's Daughter"), is that there does not seem to be a clear HERO. I found myself frustrated with this. I was somewhat frustrated with it during the first book and hated the fact that the first book was left so open... it's like you have to buy the second book just to see what happens. I hate that ploy; whatever happened to just telling a story in one book. It always has to come in threes now.

Anyway, (possible spoiler alert) there are two main male characters: Chrysaleon and Menoetius. During the first book, it starts off with Menoetius and you start thinking, "ok, here's the hero." However, Chrysaleon comes in and you're made to think that Chyrsaleon is this spoiled, no-good prince; however, he starts acting like he is the noble person who is really good and that he is now going to take the role of hero. I was frustrated with the fact that I was made to like Menoetius and think he was the hero of the book and Chrysaleon was the opposite. Chrysaleon is bad, but then he acts all heroic in this book and Menoetius is good (possible hero), but then he acts bad and was not given much dialogue in this second book. I was frustrated with all of it. I missed Menoetius and, just when I start thinking he is the hero, he does something awful and Chrysaleon steps in. Their personalities are not consistent. They are good... no wait, they are bad... no wait, they are good. I just don't know what to think.

For the most part, it's an interesting book with an interesting concept, if you like mythology, which I do. However, this book frustrates me and it is difficult for me not to be frustrated with the bouncing around of the characters' personalities. Will I finish the series? I kind of feel like I have to because I need to know what happens. I hate that I have let the author rope me into getting all three books, but I suppose that is the purpose. Even though the third book is not out yet, I will most likely purchase it when it does come out. I just seriously hope that Menoetius has a bigger and better role in this last one, because if he doesn't, I feel like I have been "gipped." Honestly, trying to see if Menoetius is really the "Thinara King" and Aridela's true, destined love, is really the only thing that keeps me wanting to see what happens next. There has to be some reason we just went through this whole thing and it frustrates me to no end that Chrysaleon was first shown to be this terrible person, but wait, he's really a good guy and a hero... and, Menoetius is this cool, nice guy, and has all the makings to be a good hero for the story, but wait, he's actually a terrible person. Sheesh, I like a hero for the story and if you are like me, then you might feel the same frustration!

Cake Mania: Main Street [Download]
Cake Mania: Main Street [Download]
Price: $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but defective, February 17, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I was really enjoying this Cake Mania, being a fan of all the Cake Mania games. I was moving along and found that this particular one was very challenging. However, when I get to a very difficult level and I would finally reach the goal to move on to the next level, the game would say I failed when I clearly reached the goal!! How frustrating is that? It would take me forever to pass the level and when I finally did, the game still said I could not go on. I purchased this as a download directly to my computer and I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem or if it is just the one I downloaded. It's definitely a fun game, if it would only work correctly!