Profile for nwa.consumer.review > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

nwa.consumer.review "nwa.consumer.review" RSS Feed (Bella Vista, AR United States)

SquareTrade 4-Year Computer Protection Plan ($600-$700)
SquareTrade 4-Year Computer Protection Plan ($600-$700)
Offered by SquareTrade
Price: $69.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade Value?, March 28, 2012
I generally research more that the average consumer. I was actually considering a computer through Amazon because of the SquareTrade waranty as this initially appeared to be a cost effective option versus the warranty I usually buy directly from the manufacturer.

I am on my laptop from 5 to 6 hours per day so, usually, just after 2 years they develop 'issues'.

It turns out that there are numerous acknowledgements at the RipOffReport.com on the failings of coverage with the SquareTrade warranty.

SquareTrade Coporate even responded to these comments and indicated maintenance, such as 'manufacturer's suggested maintenance', including having the fans professionally cleaned every year, was required maintenance for the warranty to be honored.

This is patently rediculous for the average computer owner in that it would require an outside service vendor at a high hourly rate to accomplish this on top of the expense of the warranty.

There is such a difference in the comments at Amazon and the RipOffReport.com that I question whether the comments on the SquareTrade waranty at Amazon are manufactured.

Despite being a rabid Amazon fan I have decided to get my warranty directly from HP as I have in the past. The door-to-door service covers everything and is amazingly fast. There have never been any exclusions. It is a more expensive warranty but the service work has exceeded my expectations on every issue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2013 8:11 PM PDT

Capresso CM200 10-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker, Black
Capresso CM200 10-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker, Black
Price: $69.95
8 used & new from $54.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, Well Made Product, March 6, 2012
This product is well made with excellent attention to detail in production. There are no leaks or ill fiting parts as we had with our Cuisinart. There are just 2 of us using this coffee machine so we particularly appreciate the small 'batch' adjustment so that we can make 4-6 cups at a slower rate but made with a higher quality result. I think it is the best 'bang for the buck' coffee machine in Amazon considering all the features and the precision machining of all the parts.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplly The Best, July 28, 2011
I use ankle weights in my workouts for leg raises and jogging. They are time effective for me in maximizing my caloric burn in a small time frame. I train about 5 times a week and also wear the ankle weights throughout my strenth training sets. The first ankle weight set I bought from WalMart only lasted 1 year and developed a leak. They were always uncomfortable. The second ankle weight set I bought was from Altus and I expected quality, but they only lasted 1 day and a strap gave way due to poor stitching. These All Pro ankle weights are "Simply The Best" in that they are so well designed and well made. They are very comfortable to wear and are worth the higher price to get a quality product that I use every day.

Altus Athletic 20-Pound Standard Ankle / Wrist Weights
Altus Athletic 20-Pound Standard Ankle / Wrist Weights

3.0 out of 5 stars Broke The First Day, May 7, 2011
I had a pair of ankle weights (5 lb each) I got from Wal-Mart about a year ago ... they were not well made with only 1 strap to wrap around the ankle and it was not a durable material. They were always sliding and moving and I also developed a leak.

Thus, I began my search for a high quality 10 lb per ankly weight system and these looked to be much better quality and felt like much better quality upon initial inspection. However, the stiching on one strap on one leg gave way the first day I used them. Thinking about it, it would seem this could be a recurring problem since 10 lb each ankle is a pretty good amount that could stress stiching.

I returned them yesterday and will continue my search for a very well made 10 lb per ankle weight. Perhaps I just got a lemon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2011 11:18 AM PDT

Optimum Nutrition Superior Amino 2222, 300 Capsules
Optimum Nutrition Superior Amino 2222, 300 Capsules
Price: $24.99
9 used & new from $19.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable!, April 13, 2011
I do a high protein whey shake during/after my workouts but I like to supplement this with a broad spectrum amino acid supplement. I normally like pills/supplements but these are just too large and, like others, have had a couple of very uncomfortable moments trying to swallow these giant pills. I will be switching to a Swanson product that is cheaper and comes in an easier to swallow size with comparable ingredients.GLTA.

Lifecore Corebell 5-55-Pound Adjustable Dumbbell System with Stand
Lifecore Corebell 5-55-Pound Adjustable Dumbbell System with Stand

2.0 out of 5 stars Slider Now Said To Be Improved, September 20, 2010
I have had this dumbbell set for 2 years. After about 4 months of consistent use the slider locked up on one of the dumbbells and then the 2nd dumbbell locked up the next day. This seemed bizarre to me but customer service sent me out 2 new dumbbells (of course the metal plates were not included). Strangely, the sliders on both of these dumbbells would also not move upon my receiving them! I reported this to customer service and they sent out another 2 dumbbell handles. These worked ok (really, they always felt a little stiff but you know I just wanted to work out so I didn't complain at this time).

Sure enough the same issue occurred early in my 2nd year of use in that the sliders would just jam up and evenutally wouldn't move beyond a certain point so I could not use all the weight (plates) I wanted. I attribute this to the plastic construction that just cannot take continuous use. I did not treat the dumbbells harshly.

In my opinion this is one of those purchases where you get what you pay for and I wish I would have purchased something of better quality since these dumbbell handles and sliders are essentially plastic. Customer service was not an issue for me as they replaced the defective dumbbells for me but all the downtime in not being able to work out is very frustrating.

UPDATE: Even though the 2nd incident above was out of warranty the company did allow me to return the dumbbell handles (15 lbs of weight were stuck in 1 handle and couldn't be removed) (which cost me $20.00) but they sent me out a newly designed handle which they say has a new slider mechanism. They say this new design will work better.

Lifecore Corebell 5-55-Pound Adjustable Dumbbell System
Lifecore Corebell 5-55-Pound Adjustable Dumbbell System

4.0 out of 5 stars Slider Design Flaw, September 7, 2010
I have had this dumbbell set for 2 years. After about 4 months of consistent use the slider locked up on one of the dumbbells and then the 2nd dumbbell locked up the next day. This seemed bizarre to me but customer service sent me out 2 new dumbbells (of course the metal plates were not included). Strangely, the sliders on both of these dumbbells would also not move upon my receiving them! I reported this to customer service and they sent out another 2 dumbbells. These worked ok (really, they always felt a little stiff but you know I just wanted to work out so I didn't complain at this time).

Sure enough the same issue occurred in my 2nd year in that the sliders would just jam up and evenutally wouldn't move beyond a certain point so I could not use all the weight (plates) I wanted. I attribute this to the plastic construction that just cannot take continuous use. I did not treat the dumbbells harshly.

In my opinion this is one of those purchases where you get what you pay for and I wish I would have purchased something of better quality. Customer service was not an issue for me as they replaced the defective dumbbells for me but all the downtime in not being able to work out is very frustrating.

UPDATE: Even though the 2nd incident above was out of warranty the company did allow me to return the dumbbell handles (15 lbs of weight were stuck in 1 handle and couldn't be removed) (which cost me $20.00) but they sent me out a newly designed handle which they say has a new slider mechanism and will work better.

UPDATE 2: I am upgrading this product to a 4 star rating based on the fact that I have used the new handles intensely for a full year now (I had the old handles for 2 years) and they still work just like new. There was an initial design flaw but the new handles are an excellent design. I have looked at all the comparable products out there and there is really nothing of this quality at this price. The company supported the product well and I had no issues in dealing with them so if you are considering this product as of this date I think you will be getting an excellent purchase for your money