Profile for F. H. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

F. H. "Veteran Amazon Customer" RSS Feed (Albuquerque NM)

LA CROSSE TECHNOLOGY 104-114 13.5" ROUND THERMOMETER
LA CROSSE TECHNOLOGY 104-114 13.5" ROUND THERMOMETER
Offered by Good Luck Bargains
Price: $15.27
23 used & new from $10.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Temperature Technology, August 8, 2014
It is very easy to read the large dial and it represents an attractive addition to our back yard. I would recommend this thermometer as a good value to anyone who wants to keep informed of the local temperature.

Simply Globo PSC418D 18 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder Shredder
Simply Globo PSC418D 18 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder Shredder

5.0 out of 5 stars SimplyShred Review, October 22, 2013
Overall, I am very happy with this product, although it does have some quirks.

The shredded strips are thin (about 3/16") but somewhat long (about 1 3/4"). As I use this machine to shred non-security-sensitive paperwork, this is not an issue for me but might be for some users.

The machine continues to run for a short time after the paper has been shredded. I think this is intended to clear remaining paper from the grinding mechanism. This design probably can viewed as a plus, as it likely will minimize jammed-paper incidents.

There is a short slot to destroy CDs, but unlike other machines that I have, this short slot will not shred paper. As I don't use the machine to dispose of CD's I have covered the slot with a label indicating it doesn't shred paper.

The machine works reasonably quickly, isn't too loud for a small office, and has a 7.4 gallon easy-to-empty bin. During the short time that I have had this product, I have been very happy with it and would not hesitate to buy another one if needed.

Canon PGI-5 BK 0628B009 2-Pack Pigment Black Ink Tanks
Canon PGI-5 BK 0628B009 2-Pack Pigment Black Ink Tanks
Price: $24.99
90 used & new from $18.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Mislabeled Package Problem, December 20, 2012
I ordered and was billed for a Canon PGI-5 BK 2-pack but received only one cartridge in a 1-tank sized box that had a 2-pack label on the bottom of the box. The package weighs 2.15 ounces. A 2-cartridge box should weigh about 4 ounces.

I just noticed that the picture of the box on Amazon's web site shows a picture of two cartridges on the front of the box. The picture on the box I received shows only one cartridge.

Amazon refused to send just one additional cartridge, but insisted instead on sending a replacement 2-pack. They want me to then send back the incorrectly labeled product that I have.

My concern is that they will send another 1-tank cartridge also incorrectly labeled as a 2-pack, and I will be expected to return one while being billed for 2, or requested to return both without having a cartridge to use.

I can understand if a shipping clerk carelessly filled a 2-pack order with a 1-pack by mistake (as mistakes can happen), but the mislabeled box leads me to suspect that there may be many such mislabeled boxes at Amazon.

I hope I am wrong and this is just a one-of-kind problem, but I suspect that the incorrect label was applied to at least however many boxes there were for that particular batch of cartridges.

Aero-Tech ULA-60Y 20,000 Hour 60-Watt A-19 Incandescent Yellow Bug Light, 2-Pack
Price: $12.30

1.0 out of 5 stars Short-Lived 20,000 hour bulbs, May 17, 2012
The bulbs arrived within a week of placing the order. I tested all 10 bulbs upon arrival and all of them worked.

I installed 5 of these bulbs in outdoor home lighting fixtures about 10 days ago. They are on a timer to operate about 12 hours a day. After about 120 hours of operation, 3 burned out in 3 separate fixtures. I would not buy this brand of bulb again.

On 5/18/12, eleven days after installing the bulbs, a fourth one has burned out. This product should be removed from Amazon's web site due to its extremely poor performance.

On 5/23/12 two more of these bulbs burned out. I will replace all of them this week with another brand.

Magnetic Water Softener - Water Treatment Conditioner
Magnetic Water Softener - Water Treatment Conditioner
Offered by Applied Magnets
Price: $41.99
2 used & new from $41.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This product is a scam!, April 7, 2012
New Mexicans for Science and Reason teamed with KQRE-TV13 in a scientific debunking of both this product and the alleged magnetic water softening process (link not allowed by Amazon). This product and other products using magnetic technology to supposedly reduce water hardness are worthless.

Leviton 5625-ISP 15 Amp, 120 Volt, Decora Combination Switch/Receptacle, Ivory
Leviton 5625-ISP 15 Amp, 120 Volt, Decora Combination Switch/Receptacle, Ivory
Offered by Fruit Ridge Tools LLC
Price: $6.99
6 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Switch/Receptacle, July 17, 2011
I installed this in a laundry room in place of a fan switch where there was no conveniently located electric receptacle. I think it is a good value, even with the inflated shipping costs. I had an extra wall plate so the fact that was not included was not a problem for me. I am happy with this purchase.

Mediabridge USB 2.0 - USB Extension Cable (6 Inches) - A Male to A Female with Gold-Plated Contacts
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $5.49
2 used & new from $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars USB Extension Cable, July 17, 2011
This product is well made. It gives me the extra space I need to access a crowded USB port configuration on my laptop. I recommend this product to anyone who needs to solve a similar problem.

BUFFALO MiniStation Stealth 500 GB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive - HD-PCT500U2/B
BUFFALO MiniStation Stealth 500 GB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive - HD-PCT500U2/B
Offered by BinkieMelane
3 used & new from $74.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Drive is Good, but encryption software and tech support are lacking, April 25, 2011
When using the encryption option for this drive there is a setting for "Auto-Authentication" that is supposed to allow the drive to connect to a designated computer without having to log in with a password, but this feature does not work with Windows 7. The Tech support person said they were aware of the problem and were working on it, but the issue is not shown on their web site.

When I tried to remove the encryption using the "Release Authentication" button, I received a message saying "unable to run because the hard drive is in use", even though it wasn't in use. I called tech support and they suggested resetting the drive to factory settings, which will remove the encryption but will also remove everything stored on the drive as well. The technician blamed my computer instead of accepting the fact there was a problem with their software.

The drive also came pre-formatted with the FAT32 file system, which I did not notice until after I had stored information on it. To convert it to NTFS, I had to re-format the drive and then restore the data from backup. Converting the drive with the data intact did not work because that process requires a reboot and the drive when encrypted is not visible until after the computer has finished rebooting and the login screen is completed. I could not remove the encryption because the management software thought the drive was in use when it was not.

I am happy with the drive itself, but the encryption management software and the company tech support leave much to be desired. Their web site also was of no help in identifying or resolving any of these issues.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2012 10:27 PM PST

DYMO Labeling Tape, ˝" x 23', Black Print on White Tape (45013) D1 Label Cassette, Split Back Easy Peel Adhesive
Offered by 975 Supply
Price: Click here to see our price
91 used & new from $3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Mislabled Item, October 24, 2010
This item is incorrectly labeledDYMO White Tape/ Black Print 1/2 Inch x 23 feet, D1 Style Cartridge (45013). 45013 is black tape with white print. 45113 is white tape with black print.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2011 9:27 PM PST

Presto 06852 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover
Presto 06852 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover
Offered by stores123
Price: $50.69
87 used & new from $41.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Skillet Cover Can Be Significant Safety Hazard, December 12, 2008
I bought the Presto 16-inch electric skillet with glass cover(06852) on 8/24/06 from Amazon.com. I was very satisfied with this product until yesterday when it was being used to heat chicken on the Warm setting. Without warning the cover exploded, spraying glass from the center of the cover everywhere. If I had been standing near it at the time I could have been seriously injured. I checked on the Internet and discovered that other people have experienced the same problem with other glass covered electric cookware. I will be replacing this unit with a metal-covered Presto electric skillet model 06850.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2013 10:23 PM PST