Profile for Jamz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jamz RSS Feed

Toshiba Satellite C55-B5298 15.6-inch Laptop (2.1 GHz Intel Celeron N2830 Processor, 4GB DIMM, 500GB HDD, Windows 8.1) Jet Black
Offered by Laptop Deals and More
Price: $275.99
23 used & new from $272.95

5.0 out of 5 stars For price and the specs -I give it a thumbs up!, August 11, 2014
Purchased 3 of these for testing at work. They will be primarily used for end-users connecting locally and remotely to virtual desktops via VMware View client.

I have already tested Google Chrome books without issues. For a little more $$$ you have a compete laptop with this Toshiba C55-B5298. Not only does it work great for VMware view it also handles just about everything needed as a stand alone laptop.

You have everything you could possibly need for the price. It has more features than laptops in the $1000 range which skimp on features. This laptop has 2-USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB3.0 , 1 -HDMI and what is becoming scarce on many laptops - 1- VGA port and 1 wired Ethernet port.
Also has memory card slot and wifi.

I've tested Office 2013 Pro Plus no problems. Installed a steam game called Left 4 Dead 2 - plays great no lag.
Tested Firestorm Second Life Viewer - which pretty much melts graphics cards - on low settings no issues.

Laptop performs quick with the following specs:

•Intel Celeron N2830 2.16 GHz Processor
•4 GB DIMM
•500 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
•15.6-Inch Screen, Mobile Intel HD graphics

For business - home use - multimedia - some decent games - you cant beat this laptop for the price.
With the latest smartphones/tablets out there today I imagine some day laptops will be extinct lol .

Again for the price and the specs -I give it a thumbs up!

Totolink A2004NS AC1200 Router, Dual Band, VPN, Gigabit, USB Port
Totolink A2004NS AC1200 Router, Dual Band, VPN, Gigabit, USB Port
Offered by Security Network Supply
Price: $74.99
2 used & new from $74.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One Major Issue, May 30, 2014
I agree with most others review points except in my case at least once or twice per day I lose my connection to the ISP. I go into the router and see it trying to reestablish connection to my ISP. I click disconnect and reconnect - then I get my DHCP address again.

Cant say for sure its the router but my previous did not have this issue.

I did update to the latest firmware.

****UPDATE - Replaced cable modem and having the same issue. Like I said my previous router did not have this issue so its not the ISP or the cable modem. It has to be this Totolink.

****UPDATE - the weird loss of my DHCP/Internet connection must have been a prelude for things to come. I had a major outage - lost phone, TV and Phone. After whatever repairs were made by the ISP - my Totolink has not lost connection since. It's been a week or so and no issues.
So I am changing my review score to 5 stars for now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2014 7:05 PM PDT

i-Blason Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Protector - 3 Pack Premium HD Clear Version (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile, All Carriers)
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The One And Only Review Needed, May 10, 2014
After trying to put one of the protectors on in a hurry I ended up with 100s of air bubbles until I realized that I put the protector on backwards. Flipped it over and all bubbles gone but like 3 that were easy to remove. I'm guessing about 99.99% sure that the bad reviews are from people that did what I did - had it on backwards and either didn't figure that out or just never updated their reviews.

In my opinion these are a safe purchase !

Later

5x Samsung Replenish M580 Mobile Phone Premium Clear LCD Screen Protector Cover Guard Shield Film Kit, No cutting, Perfect fit with Full Protection!
Offered by cellular connection
Price: $3.00
4 used & new from $1.32

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Except for the tabs!!!, October 10, 2011
As far as the screen protector itself - it is perfect. Now the tab that is stuck to the front of the protector to help you position it -BAD!!!! The tab wont come off cleanly. It will leave a sticky mess that will smear all over the protector. I had to use fingernail polish remover to get it clean. If you spend time..you can get the glue off. Now my advice is to get rid of the tab or use less powerful glue. I ruined 4 of the 5 protectors trying to get off the glue.

Jamz