Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL
Profile for E. Bell > Reviews

E. Bell's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Bell "LizB" RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA USA)

Safety 1st Smartlight Stair Gate
Safety 1st Smartlight Stair Gate

2.0 out of 5 stars Great until it broke...., March 1, 2006
Like most other customers here we loved the gate (motion-sensitive night light, easy to open one-handed, nothing to pinch little fingers) until the plastic cap on the hinge broke. We replaced it and it did it again. And again. Today it just happened again for the fourth time in the last 3 months. I am now online looking for another gate.

It is clearly a design flaw that Safety 1st needs to address. While I suspect it tends to happen when people unfamiliar with the gate twist and tug when opening the gate, it is obviously an issue for many customers and could be fairly easily remedied with metal caps rather easily cracked plastic ones. I loved this gate for the first 6 months when it actually worked.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Discovered Rodriguez in Mozambique, January 27, 2006
I was in the Peace Corps in Malawi in the mid-90s, was hitching through Mozambique with a couple of other volunteers in the spring of '95, just after the war. The only other "mzungus" we saw the whole time there was this South African couple we met in a restuarant in Nampula who invited us to stay at their house on the beach. They were working there to rebuild the roads and put on this album while we were hanging out that night. It floored me immediately.

I asked who it was and the guy looked at me oddly and said "Rodriguez, he's AMERICAN" as if he thought I was a nutter for never having heard of the guy. And he was right. The next time I was in SA for holiday I snapped it right up.

Listening to it right now. If he tours here I would go in a heart beat. His songs definitely have a Dylan quality to them as many have mentioned, but his voice reminds me a Jim Croche. You won't regret buying this album.

I am now a SAHM, living in the 'burbs, my 1.5 year son is playing with the CD cover right now. My how times change, but when I put on this album I am a wandering 20something, saving the world and hitchhiking through southern africa, where ever the ride takes us. I am RIGHT THERE.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2013 11:08 AM PDT

Gossip Girl #1: A Novel (Gossip Girl Series)
Gossip Girl #1: A Novel (Gossip Girl Series)
by Cecily von Ziegesar
Price: $6.54
578 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Been there, done that...., October 2, 2005
I graduated from Nightingale-Bamford in the mid-80s. I have a sister who went to Spence and another to Brearely before going to boarding school. Parents can scoff at the drinking, drugs and sex depicted in the series, but this is how it was/is.

I enjoy the books - why not? It was my life.

Shakespeare it is not, but everyone needs a little brain candy now and then....

Bomba the jungle boy on the underground river;: Or, The cave of bottomless pits, (His Bomba books)
by Roy Rockwood
7 used & new from $7.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect childhood adventure book, August 17, 2005
I read this as a 9 or 10 year old one summer in a log cabin in the Wisconsin north woods, where we ran barefoot, spent whole days in the lake, and went on camping and canoe trips. It still looms large in my mind as a part of those childhood summers. Along with Treasure Island, Tom Sawyer and pretty well any Hardy Boy book, The Underground River is the perfect summer reading for 8-12 year olds.

Jagged Little Pill
Jagged Little Pill
1017 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A revelation, June 24, 2003
This review is from: Jagged Little Pill (Audio CD)
I was serving as a Peace Corps HIV/AIDs Volunteer in Southern Africa towards the end of my two year assignment when this album was released. I had heard of it from the Voice of America's count down, but had never actually heard a cut. I bought it while vacationing in South Africa just to see what the fuss was about.
It was a Relevation. Just blew me out of the water. Every single song was a jewel and almost every song I could relate to; One Hand in My Pocket in particular captured the contrasts I felt of being a young priviledged American living for an extended period of time in the developing world, trying to make inroads against the tide of the epidemic. I made amazing friends and lost some as well. It was was a wonderous and devastating exeperience. In fact, this album is so ingrained in me as a part of that time, I haven't been able to listen to it since I returned. It hurts too much.
Must be a strange strange thing to write a piece of work that so many people connect to.
To quote Alanis's next album: "Thank you."