Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Brooks Williams > Reviews

Browse

Brooks Williams' Profile

Customer Reviews: 65

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brooks Williams RSS Feed (St. Louis, MO)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Monoprice 108320 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones - Silver
Monoprice 108320 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones - Silver
Price: $12.45
18 used & new from $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, September 12, 2014
I have not been really happy with these since I bought them. They were very inexpensive, which is a plus, but they don't sound that good and the fit is weird and uncomfortable. The cord easily tangles as well. I still keep them around as a backup, but I definitely don't use these regularly

CURT 22272 2 In. Black Rubber Tube Cover
CURT 22272 2 In. Black Rubber Tube Cover
Price: $3.63
32 used & new from $3.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., September 12, 2014
I bought this for the Curt Manufacturing 13066 Class III Receiver Hitch that I'd also purchased from Amazon. At first I balked at the ~$5 price tag, but now that I've got it on the car, it looks a lot better and it keeps the mud and water out of the receiver. Recommended

CURT 45036 Class III 2" Loaded Ball Mount with 2" Ball
CURT 45036 Class III 2" Loaded Ball Mount with 2" Ball
Price: $23.80
41 used & new from $18.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, September 12, 2014
I bought this with the Curt Manufacturing 13066 Class III Receiver Hitch and it fit perfectly. Dead simple to install and worked flawlessly.

My only complaint doesn't have to do with the product itself, but how it was packaged. Amazon just threw this very heavy product into a box and used minimal packing materials to secure it. When it arrived, the box was all beat up and barely held together. The hitch was in perfect condition though.

I've already done two 14-hour hauling trips with this thing and it's been great.

CURT 13066 Class III Receiver Hitch
CURT 13066 Class III Receiver Hitch
Price: $109.94
40 used & new from $95.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!, September 12, 2014
Look, I can barely change the oil on my car - I'm not terribly good at this stuff. But I installed this thing all by myself in about 20 min. The hardest part was holding it up while I got the bolts in. It fit my Kia perfectly, looks great, and was a really, really great price. Highly recommended!

Reese Plug and Play Hitch Wiring Trailer Lights Fits 2011 KIA Sportage
Reese Plug and Play Hitch Wiring Trailer Lights Fits 2011 KIA Sportage
Offered by AutoTruckToys
Price: $66.50
17 used & new from $59.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, September 12, 2014
I purchased this for my Kia Sportage. The vendor originally sent the wrong kit, but after a short email conversation, they mailed the correct one out and paid to have the wrong one returned. Great customer service!

I'm not super-confident with installing this stuff and when I looked at the instructions I decided that installing this kit myself was out of my comfort level (and time constraints). I took the kit and my car to my favorite mechanic and they got it installed for me quickly.

It works great!

ZyXEL 3-in-1 Wireless N Pocket Travel Router, Access Point, and Ethernet Client (MWR102)
Price: $18.64
53 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, July 29, 2014
For what I use it for, this thing is great.

I got this so that when I was traveling for work, I could have my own personal wireless network to use with my Chromecast. This super-tiny router just gets plugged-in and then I'm off to the races.

I haven't tried any other travel routers, but I couldn't be happier with this one.

Highly recommended.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, July 29, 2014
I got this so I could brew my own fresh-ground coffee in the Keurig. It works pretty well. Just make sure you don't overfill the Ekobrew cup with grounds and it'll work just fine. It won't make a perfect cup of coffee, but it's better than using those stale pre-packaged plastic k-cups, right?

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, July 29, 2014
I wanted an extra garage door opener to be used from inside the house. We have a detached garage that's in our back yard and I found it irritating to have to go to one of the cars every time I wanted to get into the garage. I had priced a similar garage door opener at the local hardware stores and winced at the price - so I was happy to find this one at such a reasonable price!

Setup was super-simple and took less than two minutes. The range is pretty good as well. Now I can open and close my garage door without stepping out of my back door!

OXYLED T-02 Stick-on Anywhere Portable 10 LED Wireless Motion Sensing Light Bar with Magnetic Strip (Battery Operated) - Silver
Offered by Flashred
Price: $10.97
5 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, July 29, 2014
I installed this above our washing machine in the basement. It's a dark area, even with the lights on and I was finding that I was having a hard time seeing how much detergent I was using. After tossing a few batteries into the OxyLED T-02 and sticking it to the piece of duct that runs above my washer, I was done. Now anytime I step up to the washer, the OxyLED T-02 lights up on its own and I can see everything clearly! Easy to install and works really well. Recommended.

Kino
Kino
by Jurgen Fauth
Price: $14.95
13 used & new from $5.21

4.0 out of 5 stars KINO, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Kino (Paperback)
I like my movies a little bit strange. My favorites are Jeunet & Caro's The City of Lost Children (La cité des enfants perdus) and Wes Anderson's The Royal Tennenbaums. In the case of both films, I walked out of the theater unsure of what I'd just seen, but I knew that my mind had been thoroughly blown. I imagine that the German audiences of the 1920's and 30's that watched the films directed by Klaus Koblitz (aka "Kino") felt the same way. That's why they were so valuable. That's one of the reasons that the Nazi's burned them.

Jürgen Fauth's debut novel focuses on Mina "Wilhemina" Koblitz, the young granddaughter of the famed German filmmaker and the adventure that ensues when a mysterious set of film canisters appear on her doorstep. The film turns out to be Tulpendiebe (The Tulip Thief), Kino's first and most famous film. Knowing that her grandfather's films were thought to be lost, Mina knows that she's got something very valuable in her hands and she immediately travels to Germany to watch the film. Once in Germany the film is stolen, Mina is chased by two men in suits, and a mysterious stranger in a red jacket gives Mina her grandfather's journal.

The journal was my favorite part of Kino. Written while locked up in a insane asylum in the 1960's, Klaus Koblitz tells the story of how he he made himself into the famous Kino. Fauth slips in a lot of German film history without being annoying about it. I certainly didn't know much about Weimer-era Germany, much less about Fritz Lang, Leni Riefenstahl and others German film luminaries. It all comes alive in Kino's journal and I found myself wanting to see the films and learn more about the strange time between wars.

Armed with new knowledge about her grandfather, Mina travels to California to find her estranged grandmother and get to the truth about what happened to her grandfather. Her grandmother turns out to be a pill-popping, foul-mouthed and very grumpy. Meanwhile, the same mysterious men who chased her in Germany have found her in California and they're after her again. It's all very exciting.

Kino is a strange mish-mash of genres. It's a mysterious thriller that includes a family history, a "coming to America" story and a hint of magical realism. On top of all that, it's funny too. I loved the structure of novel and how each character holds a piece of the story that expands on and sometimes revises an aspect of that story. But for all the adventure in Kino, I think the story really serves as a method to talk about film as art, how art affects culture and society and the responsibility of the artist in the face of social and political change.

At my advanced age of 33, I am definitely having fewer of these moments and I'm not sure what it is that kills a person's sense of wonder. Thankfully, every once and a while something does pop up and remind me what that felt like. In the case of Kino, it sparked a consideration of art and what becomes possible in art when the boundaries are removed and the artist can run amuck. There might be chaos, but there's always the possibility for a beautiful disaster. Kino delivers on a cinematic literary thriller, but that creative chaos lies underneath - standing in a foamy sea with a pirate hat and a peg leg.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7