Profile for Patricia Gray > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 378

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Patricia Gray RSS Feed (Portland, Oregon)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
RCA RACE8002E Energy Star 8000 BTU Window Air Conditioner with Remote Control, 115-volt
Price: $229.00
10 used & new from $209.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great functioning AC, but with higher operating costs than others, August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Installation on this took a little ingenuity because I have one of those sideways windows, but other than that, installation wasn't too difficult. I am on the 2nd floor, so it was a little unnerving at first seeing it hang there, but it has held very well without any issues. This is my 2nd summer in an apartment with no central AC, so I had to have an AC for the summer.

This does a great job of keeping my bedroom (the main area I live in) cool and comfortable during the day and night. There are cheaper ACs out there with the same BTU power and they cost less to run on an annual basis, so shop around on power consumption - not all 8k BTUs are the same operating costs.

I haven't had any issues with the filter beeping at me (I have 3 cats) or the compressor freezing or running excess water. I did purchase additional foam stripping to put in around the unit and also, as I stated earlier with the sideways window, I have to fill in above the AC with plexiglass, so that needs some stripping around it, and the amount that comes with the AC is barely enough to really do the job.

This is a good deal, but shop around first. Be sure you can install it on your window you have - check youtube for some good installation tips if you're curious - and also know the power consumption. A comfortable room is great, but not when you think about how much it's costing you to stay cool.

Combat Ant Killing Gel 27grams
Combat Ant Killing Gel 27grams
Price: $6.51
28 used & new from $3.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Killer!, August 4, 2014
Unfortunately, I purchase this product more than I should have to. I live in an apartment and the building I live in - and several others here - are infested with odorous house ants. These pesky guys are similar to sugar ants, they don't bite, but they do annoy and come in waves upon waves that never seem to end if you can't treat them properly.

We went through so many products trying to figure out one that would work. It seemed like some were just pure ant attractors that would lure them in, but we saw no deaths.

There isn't much we can do about the building itself being infested besides put in work orders and complaints about it, which we have. Treating the invasions is what is key to keeping them from returning and infesting.

When we first notice the ants - like the first ant - we'll put this down where we see it. In just a few hours, it is swarmed with ants that happily take it off from whence they came. We're usually good after this for a while, but once we see them, we act.

This stuff is incredibly toxic, so use caution when applying it. Be sure kiddos fingers and pets can't get to the area treated. We will often treat in the wall - removing the electrical plate and then applying along the wall to keep our pets out of any potential harm.

NPR News
NPR News
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Buggy app that seems to only have podcasts and links to local radio., August 4, 2014
This review is from: NPR News (App)
By the description of this app, you would think it would bring you news, similar to the BBC app, but it does not do this at all. You get to browse through podcasts and other NPR content that is pulled from stations all over the country. You can connect to local stations, but it doesn't seem to do more than this.

NPR content is great, but I'm not reviewing NPR -

The app is unstable and crashes often, despite the recent updates that address this. There are tons of ads, and browsing the app is not intuitive.

Save your time and frustration and just visit the NPR site.

Samsung Electronics 32GB EVO Micro SDHC with USB 2.0 Reader Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MP32DB/AM)
Price: $21.99
7 used & new from $21.95

4.0 out of 5 stars 32GB Micro SD w/ Reader, August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an excellent size for tablets, phones, mp3 players, and other gadgets. The speed is great with the 2.0 compatibility and the size is nice and small, about 2-ish inches long.

There is a tiny tiny plastic loop on the USB reader, so there is a way to attach it to a keychain or organizer to keep this handy for transferring photos and music files to computers. The reader is a great bonus to have. I currently use an all-in-one reader that is about the size of 7 or 8 stacked debit cards, so this is really nice to save space with.

My only issue I've had with this is the inability to fit it into some older USB ports. I have a USB hub from probably 10 years ago that I still use (I like it and it works), and this reader will not fit it. There are 4 hubs and it fits none. It also will not fit the front ports on one of our computers here at the house. This isn't a huge deal for us because there are other options, but I do find that rather odd and took a star for that.

Lauren Ralph Lauren Women's Cecilia Wedge Espadrille Sandal,Black,8 M
Lauren Ralph Lauren Women's Cecilia Wedge Espadrille Sandal,Black,8 M
Price: $39.48
4 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Normally an 8.5, got an 8, August 4, 2014
I had purchased the 8.5 from another website that is famous for shoes - I think Amazon might even own them - and found they were too big for me despite the fact that I'm normally an 8.5 or 9. When I returned them I happened to check here and found they were cheaper.
The fit is a little big in these, as I mentioned above, but they wear great. Not uncomfortable for me at all in this size. I don't do a ton of walking during the day. I have about 3 or so miles I'd put in on a given day at work between my commute and then walking around at the office and these were great all day. I do kick them off when I'm at my desk for long stretches, but that is with any shoe I wear.

I haven't seen any fraying or wear on the rope detailing around the sole at this point and I've worn them out about 5 or 6 times. The material has softened up a bit - it was quite stiff when brand new, but they are super comfortable now. Great purchase.

Whynter ARC-110WD Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner, 11000 BTU
Whynter ARC-110WD Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner, 11000 BTU
Offered by stores123
Price: $420.47
6 used & new from $399.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my whole apartment comfortable!, August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a mid-sized (740 sq ft) one bedroom apartment with no central A/C. This AC is simply amazing. Other than it being ridiculously heavy, it is a must have if you don't want to fool with a window unit. Despite the weight, it rolls around easily and isn't too much for me to take care of myself without my spouse around to help. Installation was straight forward and other than fighting with some of the plastic parts, it all went together and was working in about 15 minutes.

One of the features I really like about this that most window units do not have is a built in dehumidifier. We live in the Pacific Northwest and it can get quite muggy here. Not having any sort of central air flow in the apartment, muggy days are only compounded indoors. Turning on the dehumidifier is so helpful on these days to drop the humidity in the house.

We have this AC sitting in our dining area, with the hoses exhausting to a nearby window. Our bedroom is at the far end of the apartment from this set up, and we still feel the relief in there. It's not as comfortable as sitting in the same room with it, but it sure beats nothing in the house at all! We can do a portable box fan near our bedroom door to help pull the air in and this also helps.

I know the price is a bit more than a window unit, but this does more with the dehumidifier, it was easier to install than a window unit, and keeps my whole apartment cool - not just one area. This is well worth the investment!

Fekkai Essential Shea Shampoo 8 Fl Oz
Fekkai Essential Shea Shampoo 8 Fl Oz
Price: $15.56
30 used & new from $7.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Low-product gal really likes it!, August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I do not use a ton of products in my hair, so I usually make sure the products that I do choose to use are of good quality and pull their weight. My normal routine consists of an herbal shampoo & conditioner, followed by a heat protectant / anti-frizz spray, and then a heat source (curling iron, flat iron, blow dryer, etc.). That is it. When I change shampoos or products, I can tell instantly what impact they have on my hair. I have greasy hair, so I wash it every 24 hours or so.

When I began using this product - I'm just over 1/2 way done with it - I really enjoyed how my hair would look when I would let it naturally dry overnight and then curl it the following morning. After about three days of this, however, I started to notice that my hair was heavier and greasier looking than normal, and it wasn't holding curl like it normally does. The fourth day I decided to wash my hair in the morning then blow dry it out. That was pretty fantastic looking, and I've kept doing that. It seems that the overall heat and brushing helps to get the oils all over my hair more so than just letting it air dry.

Other than the build-up issue, I'm pleased with the product. The ingredient list is a bit long, as are most shampoos you look at. The smell is great and lingers but not in a sickly-perfume type way. Would recommend to purchase once or twice per year to change things up.

Five Star Zipper Binder Plus Multi Access File, 2-Inch Capacity, 13.75 x 12.12 x 3.5 Inches, Black (72186)
Offered by 911 DRUGSTORE
Price: $37.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for home files, not so great for school., July 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wish the binder would have focused on either being a travel-ready filing system or a binder with an extra pocket. The filing system allows for quite a bit of files to be stored, but seems to take up too much room to allow for proper storage area in the binder area,
I can see this potentially being useful for a high school student with lots of handouts and notes to keep track of, but as a college student this is serious overkill for all the classes I have ever taken. I can't really even find this useful at work where I do have a silly amount of filing and paperwork that I have to keep.
The one area I have found this useful is in my home filing. I have used this as my go-to important papers kit. I converted this to a ready to go emergency kit that doubles as an easy to get to filing place for our family's important documents.

Taylor 9835 Digital Thermometer with LED Readout
Taylor 9835 Digital Thermometer with LED Readout
Offered by Eforcity
Price: $13.73
63 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast read out, easy to use., July 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can get a fast read out with this thermometer, which is one of the reasons I go for a digital thermometer over a mercury thermometer. That being said, I still keep a mercury one around the house. I use these mostly for cooking - I bake, my spouse brews beer, and we're talking about venturing into making candy.
When comparing the read out I get from this, it is usually a couple degrees below what my mercury reads. I can't say that means the digital one is wrong, because it could be the mercury one is off a bit. Because it is within a couple of degrees I do not mind too much.

Francois et Mimi Bamboo Multi-Position Adjustable Serving Bed Tray with Drawer
Francois et Mimi Bamboo Multi-Position Adjustable Serving Bed Tray with Drawer
Offered by Luzy's Storage Place
Price: $59.95
2 used & new from $59.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile table for all ages and occasions, July 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This lapdesk is great for so many reasons. I want to start with why I took a star away from this great product. The hinged part of the table has a wire connected to the back of it that functions as a brace to allow it to stay propped up. It is connected only by a single piece of wood that was nailed or glued to the back of the hinged panel. This piece of wood cracked the first time I used the metal stand and now has to be treated with super-kid gloves or may fall off entirely.
Beyond this - there is no complaints at all with this desk. There is a small drawer on the side that is rather shallow I have not found a use for yet. It fits a pencil in there, maybe great for crossword folks? The fold out legs can extend a good distance, and can allow this to be used as a low side table in a pinch.
I imagine for someone who is in bed a lot with recovery or with an illness would find this perfect for a bed table. This would also be great for a kid's playroom or a classroom to be used during floor play. I know I would have loved this as a kid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20