Profile for Patricia Gray > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 401

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Patricia Gray RSS Feed (Portland, Oregon)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Seventh Generation Touch of Cloth Diapers, Size 3, 140 Count
Seventh Generation Touch of Cloth Diapers, Size 3, 140 Count
Price: $41.43

3.0 out of 5 stars More hype than needed, but does it's job., April 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This diaper has some serious marketing with it - they really lead people to believe, as evidenced by some of the other reviews here, that they are chemical free, contain only natural ingredients, or something else of the like.

While they are made with substantially less 'stuff' than many other leading diapers out there, they still contain several types of plastic and it's all over the areas that are next to baby's skin. Polyester, polypropylene, polyethylene, and a few other chemicals are all used next to the skin in this diaper whereas most of the plant-derived ingredients are found in the absorbent layers and material that covers the outside of the diaper.

Advantages:
- The diapers work at holding in major bathroom happenings. Things are kept where they should be the majority of the time.
- White pigment is the only coloring agent in the diaper and plant-based materials have been used in this diaper where other companies use plastic fillers. This cuts down on time spent decomposing in landfills and the footprint of creating the diapers.
- Less expensive than many other eco-friendly diapers on the market.

Disadvantages:
- The velcro area for attaching the diaper to itself is rather small and if you have a kiddo that likes to tug at their diaper if it's not covered, this might not hold up very well for you.
- The marketing campaign behind these diapers does tend to make folks believe that these are either fully cotton diapers or 100% natural.

I'm taking two stars away for a couple of reasons - one star gone for the marketing campaign behind these. Yes, they are made with friendlier materials for the earth, but the amount of folks that seem to think these are chemical free or a fully cotton diaper is a bit disheartening. I'm not sure to hold this against the company or the folks that assume this. The other star is gone for the lack of staying power on the velcro attachments.

Premium Quality Catnip - 4oz Pouch - Cats Absolutely Love It! - 30 Day No Meow Money Back Guarantee
Offered by The Natural Pet Company
Price: $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Potent catnip!, April 9, 2015
There is a reason this product has overwhelmingly 5-star reviews. Firstly, some cats are just not into catnip like others are. I have one cat that really freaks out and another that could care less.The only thing I've noticed about this catnip that I haven't seen in the other brands we've bought in the past is that he will only eat a little bit of this stuff (less than a good sized pinch) before tearing around the house and chasing the other cat around for a good bit. Other brands he would eat significantly more (maybe 2 pinches) before having similar results.
The bag is huge and is perfect if you have multiple cats or are someone that makes toys for your cats. We've got a few fabric toys the cats play with and we'll roll those around in any catnip left behind from their escapades to enjoy later.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2015 6:12 AM PDT

OXO Good Grips GreenSaver Produce Keeper - Medium
OXO Good Grips GreenSaver Produce Keeper - Medium
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cut down on produce waste, April 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've always lived in apartments that have craptastic produce drawers. Despite the supposed function of a produce bin, they have never kept my produce fresh and I think of them as a sheer waste of space. My solution to this problem has always been to keep my produce in a lidded, plastic storage bin in the fridge with flour sack towel in the bottom of it to absorb moisture. They don't get dried out and they stay fresh longer.

This produce keeper is a perfect fit for the produce bin in the bottom of my fridge - that area that was formerly a total waste of space for me. I can fit two of these down there and they actually work to keep my produce fresh.

Advantages:
- Basket keeps the air going around the produce to help deter rotting or spoiling.
- Basket also functions as a colander. Rinse under running water, let it dry in the dish drainer, and pop it in the plastic box when dry and ready to store.
- Good shape and size for produce storage. The size isn't too big, but I can still fit a bunch of carrots diagonally along with some herbs or green onions laid on a paper towel on top of them. A head of cauliflower with room for half a cucumber was a recent combination housed in here for me, and before that it was a bunch of grapes.

Disadvantages:
- The lid DOES NOT snap or secure in any way. This is a major draw back for me. Most of the time I remember this and am careful when I pick it up, but I have dropped it a couple times.
- When not in use, eats up storage or fridge space.

I'm pretty neutral on my stance with the charcoal filters that need to be replaced. While I feel they do function and play a role in preservation of the produce, it is annoying to have to change it out every 3 months - I'll add this to my list of filters I already forget to buy for other products I own. Overall, I really enjoy this product and really feel it is worth the money if you purchase a fair amount of vegetables.

Free to Live Women's Foldover High Waisted Maxi Skirt (Medium, Black)
Free to Live Women's Foldover High Waisted Maxi Skirt (Medium, Black)
Offered by Free to Live
Price: $49.95

4.0 out of 5 stars All season skirt. You need this in your closet., April 9, 2015
The skirt is a bit thin, but considering it's black and pretty light-weight to begin with, this isn't a huge deal for me. I wear this in the winter time (40-50F) with some fleece lined leggings under and stay perfectly warm when walking around town for a little while. It carries me through spring and is even light enough for summer for those days I don't really feel like shaving my legs to wear a breezy skirt. :)
The cut is great - I'm 5'8" and it hits me right around the ankles when I wear it a bit low. Perfect for being a long, flow-y skirt without dragging around on the ground like some skirts you see.
The fit and style is wonderful. I actually got this as a maternity skirt but can wear it normally too thanks to the give of the fabric and the fold-over waist.

Justin's Peanut Butter, Honey Squeeze Packs, 1.15 Ounce (Pack of 10)
Justin's Peanut Butter, Honey Squeeze Packs, 1.15 Ounce (Pack of 10)
Price: $5.29
7 used & new from $5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, high-protein snack, April 9, 2015
I love getting these PB packs, but they are usually twice the price at the store. If I watch here, I can get them for a ridiculously better price than what they are at my local store. The taste is great, with just a touch of sweetness and it's easy to eat at my desk at work. I eat these because they are high in protein and are much cheaper than a protein bar that would have a similar amount. Plus they're easy to toss in my purse or lunch bag for the office.

Seedling Starter Trays, 144 Cells: (24 Trays; 6-cells Per Tray), Plus 5 Plant Labels
Offered by 9GreenBox
Price: $7.25
7 used & new from $2.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Great seed starter trays, April 9, 2015
These are great little seed trays for starting the garden off indoors. I'm taking a star away because the set only comes with 5 of the plastic stakes, which I feel is a bit low for 24 seed trays. There are two holes in the bottom of each cell, but it doesn't let out too much dirt. The trays all seem to be uniform without any defects in them.
Will probably purchase these again next year.

Thirsties One Size All In One Hook & Loop, Meadow
Thirsties One Size All In One Hook & Loop, Meadow
Price: $19.75
3 used & new from $18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome overnight diaper for the younger ones, April 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Thirsties all-in-one diaper is a great diaper to add to an existing stock of diapers. I am not a loyalist to any one type of diaper (all-in-one, all-in-twos, pockets, etc.) and I enjoy having a selection around for different purposes. All babies are different in their fit for cloth diaper, so I suggest getting a few different types to see what works for your little one before purchasing more of that type.
I enjoy using these all-in-ones for overnight or long haul times when the diaper gets changed less frequently or when there is a possibility of a heavy wetting. When I use these in conjunction with a second insert or a flour sack towel stuffed in the back of the sewn-in insert, these are AH-mazing for overnights or long-ish car trips.

Advantages:
- The liner that is sewn into the diaper has a pocket on the backside of it that allows for another insert to be used if more absorbency is needed.
- Rise snaps adjust down to a pretty snug fit for babies with skinny legs or for younger babies.
- Velcro waist closures allow for a more fitted diaper around the belly compared to the snaps most reusables have.
- This can be used as an overnight diaper for younger kids when combined with a second insert or a flour sack towel.

Disadvantages:
- Velcro closure can be a bit tempting to open for the older kids in diapers.
- The sewn in liner makes this diaper take longer to dry.
- Velcro does not hold as well as snaps do.
- If you use the biggest rise setting, so that the diaper has the smallest leg holes possible, the liner can sometimes be longer than the diaper and allow for more wicking.

I would get a few of this type to start with, just to see if you like having them around. They serve a great role in my diaper stock and are a frequent grab for me when I'm putting baby down for the night.

Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Rock 'n Glide Soother
Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Rock 'n Glide Soother
Price: $118.99
11 used & new from $118.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent chair with great features for 6-8 months and younger., March 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really wish you did not need a D battery to operate the vibration feature, despite there being a wall plug for the music and gliding features. The vibration feature is tucked away just under the seat, so while on one hand it is nice you can turn it on when you just are using the product as a rocker, it does seem a bit silly to need both a battery and a wall socket to operate the chair fully. It's not a huge deal, and it does make the chair so much more portable than older models of auto-gliders or even some of the super top-of-the-line products that are available right now on the market.

Advantages:
- Very light weight with or without the base. I sometimes will take this into the bathroom with me so I can shower or get ready while keeping the kid occupied / safe.
- The battery allows for the vibration feature on just the rocker part of the chair, which seems to be the most 'soothing' of the three features offered (music, auto-glide, and vibration). Because the rocker is the portable part, I think it's most useful to have the vibration on the portable part of the chair.
- The chair cover can be pulled off very easily and tossed into the wash. If you're worried about soaking through if your kiddo is a heavy wetter, you could put one of those puppy pads used for training accidents underneath the cover and change that if needed.
- The gliding motion is not jerky or too fast for a newborn, and the rockers can be turned to use horizontally or vertically.
- Music options are white noise or a simple tune that so far, has not driven me totally nuts.

Disadvantages:
- The life-span of this chair is dependent on how quickly your kid will reach the 25lb mark - which should be a couple years(ish) - or the I'm-tired-of-this mark - which may come much faster than the 25lb mark. Obviously every baby is different, so you just don't know until you try it.
- I really don't like the need for a battery and a power cord, but I think the power cord helps to keep the weight down overall by not needing 5 or 6 D batteries to operate the music and gliding motion.
- The music timer is 1/2 hour, but I wish you could set it manually or had a couple choices on length.

Weleda White Mallow Face Cream, 1.7 Fluid Ounce
Weleda White Mallow Face Cream, 1.7 Fluid Ounce
Price: $11.19
25 used & new from $8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent family safe face protectant, March 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Weleda's White Mallow Face Cream is a thick, nourishing cream that I use in the evening after washing my face or taking a shower to give deep moisture during the night. The cream is fragrance-free, but there is still a very mild scent. It is very similar to other fragrance-free products - not unscented, just no strong overpowering chemical scents added to mask the smell of the actual product.

It takes very, very little product to provide moisture to your entire face, around a pea sized drop is more than plenty for my face and neck. If you were using this on a child or infant, you would need to use around 1/2 that amount for dry skin application. If your face is damp following a shower or recent washing, even less is needed. When I first used the product, I overestimated quite a bit, so start off with less and use more if you need.

Advantages:
- Provides thick coverage without leaving your skin feeling greasy or or heavy
- Excellent for overnight moisturizing or for wind protection during the day.
- Minimal scent doesn't interact with any other scented products you may use on a regular basis.
- Good for baby. Good for mama.

Disadvantages:
- Not good for using just before makeup application as it can make your face a bit over moisturized, allowing your face makeup to get cakey.
- Not fully unscented. The smell is light and dissipates quickly, but is noticeable for a few minutes. For what it's worth, my spouse says he cannot smell anything when I use it.

Overall, I really enjoy this product. I like that the ingredient list is relatively small compared to other face products and it is safe to use on my baby or myself. The product, while it only comes in a 50ml tube, will last me for quite some time given the small amount I need to cover my entire face.

T.S. Shure Numbers Wooden Magnets 20 Piece MagnaFun Set
T.S. Shure Numbers Wooden Magnets 20 Piece MagnaFun Set
Price: $10.06
9 used & new from $10.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fantastic for icebox magnets., March 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These magnets are a throwback to my childhood with the awesome plastic letters and numbers that my parents would keep on the icebox for me and my sibling. These magnets are wood with a solid backing of magnet, no small magnetic button that might come off with use or handling.

With kids underfoot in the kitchen, this gives us a small chance of distracting them when they can't help with the small tasks like getting stuff out of the icebox for us, holding a measuring cup while we pour, or stirring up a bowl (or licking said bowl). The magnets are colorful and include little scenes of animals or people that coordinate with the number shown. They hold up well to the opening and closing of the icebox on a regular basis without falling off the door front.

These aren't overly stimulating and are not the most exciting kids' toy in the world, but for magnetic icebox numbers, I think they're pretty fantastic. My kid pays attention to them once in a while, but the span of time they can hold her attention is pretty small, as to be expected.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20