Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Kathy E. > Reviews

Browse

Kathy E.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 360

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kathy E. "Kathy" RSS Feed (Bristol, CT)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Treasure Diving
Treasure Diving
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars great, September 6, 2015
This review is from: Treasure Diving (App)
It's awesome

Mythical Journeys
Mythical Journeys

5.0 out of 5 stars This was simply amazing. I will definitely be spreading the word and ..., June 21, 2015
This review is from: Mythical Journeys
This was simply amazing. I will definitely be spreading the word and going again. The band Cu Dubh played and they are out of this world.

Judgment (The Mystic Saga Book 4)
Judgment (The Mystic Saga Book 4)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Fun Read!, October 25, 2012
I strongly suggest you read the previous books in the The Mystic Saga (Indentured, Legacy and Violation) prior to reading this installment.

When I first cracked this book open (figuratively speaking) I wasn't in the mood to commit to a long story. This saga provided the perfect symmetry, encompassing a compact story with depth, humor and plenty of action.

I highly recommend this book to fellow SF readers and I look forward to reading the next installment Convergence released on 8/12/12.

An Officer's Duty (Theirs Not to Reason Why)
An Officer's Duty (Theirs Not to Reason Why)
by Jean Johnson
Price: $7.99
68 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal!, October 25, 2012
I strongly suggest you read the previous books in the series (A Soldier's Duty) prior to reading this installment.

Outstanding follow-up to the first book! The author packed a wallop of, IMO, three stories worth into this one book. The plot thickens and Ia divulges a bit more of her designs and schemes on how she plans to save the galaxy 300 years in the future.

This unique story didn't have a moment to waste and was loaded with intrigue and innovative courses of military action you would never see coming. Each installment builds upon the other, but in and of itself is a creative journey that does not mirror the previous book but instead, carves out a new direction with a fresh outlook.

I love the direction the series is taking and this definitely satisfies my craving for a good SF book with a plethora of excitement and adventure.

I highly recommend this book to fellow SF readers and I can't wait until the release of the next book in the series Hellfire due out August 2013.

To fellow dark urban fantasy readers who are looking for a good space opera but do not want to end up with a space romance, I also recommend this series to you.

I also recommend:
Valkyrie Burning (Warrior's Wings Book Three)
A Galaxy Unknown
Shadows Before the Sun (Charlie Madigan, Book 4)
Shadow City (Horngate Witches)

A Soldier's Duty (Theirs Not to Reason Why)
A Soldier's Duty (Theirs Not to Reason Why)
by Jean Johnson
Price: $7.99
86 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Really 3.75 Stars, October 9, 2012
I've never heard or read anything from this author prior to my download, however, the book's synopsis drew me in and I decided to take a chance.

The first half of the book started off very slow for me and I had a hard time convincing myself to stick with it. I did not appreciate the blow by blow of each step of Ia's military training; however, once the military training was completed and she phased into her military career, this book was all non-stop action and intrigue.

If I rated this book solely on the second half and not the entire book as a whole, I would rate it 5-stars. The second half of the book flowed smoothly and quickly from one mission op to the next. The amazingly daring storyline pulls you in and mesmerizes you. The unique plot was delightfully violent and brazenly bold.

I highly recommend this book to fellow SF readers and I can't wait to read the next book in the series An Officer's Duty.

I also recommend:
Valkyrie Burning (Warrior's Wings Book Three)
A Galaxy Unknown
Indentured (The Mystic Saga)
Mutineer (Kris Longknife)

Valkyrie Burning (On Silver Wings Book 3)
Valkyrie Burning (On Silver Wings Book 3)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Superb!, September 25, 2012
Humanity is a clever and crafty race, who has unfortunately jumped into the wrong galactic star-system. All seems bleak and dismal facing a formidable enemy that is technologically superior and has an empire that spans eons of light-years across; but luckily for humanity, there is one ace in the hole, Master Sergeant Sorilla!

This installment was my most favorite yet. The creative action began on the very first page and didn't stop until the very last. Sorilla is the most fiercely battle-skilled heroine I've ever had the pleasure of reading about.

I was continually excited and awed by the tactics displayed during battle, be it planet-side or in the vacuum of space. I was taken on a high-adventure ride that just kept going and going; I loved this book so much I could not put it down. Not one part of the story was cheesy but instead, takes you back to basics of motherfrakking ass-kicking 101.

My respect for this series just exploded a notch up. Just when I thought I've read it all, this author delivered a splendid SciFi-action novel that flowed well from one death defying mission to the next.

I highly recommend this book to fellow SF readers and I can't for the next book The Valhalla Call due out in 2013; which will be a bitter sweet release, since it's the last book in the series.

A Galaxy Unknown
Mech 1: The Parent (Imperium Series)
Peacekeeper: A Major Ariane Kedros Novel
Space Trippers Book 1: Trippin'

The Ripple Effect
The Ripple Effect
by J. A. Saare
12 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Brilliant!, September 25, 2012
This review is from: The Ripple Effect (Paperback)
I strongly suggest you read the previous books in the series (Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between and The Renfield Syndrome) prior to reading this installment.

I have been impatiently awaiting this book's release since the end of the last book. This installment was a complete adrenaline rush; by the end of the book, I was entirely speechless!

I don't recommend this installment to the weak-hearted. The violence, agony and misery are colorfully illustrated, with an unceasing throbbing, pulsation of violence that slithers around every corner.

I story begins by hitting the ground running with dark magic and non-stop action and excitement from the very first page until the very last. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of Rhiannon's dark journey through the underbelly of hell and back.

I highly recommend this book to fellow dark urban fantasy readers and can't wait for the next book Edge of Darkness due out 2013.

I also recommend:
Widow's Web (Elemental Assassin, Book 7)
The Hour of Dust and Ashes
Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1)
Shadow's Fall (A Novel of the Shadow World)

Citizen X (AGU: Border Patrol Book 1)
Citizen X (AGU: Border Patrol Book 1)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars SciFi At Its Best!, September 17, 2012
I hurried to by this book as soon as soon as it was released. The story was exactly what I was looking for, high entertainment and pure unadulterated fun! For those familiar with the Jenetta Carver series, this new series also takes place in the Galaxy Unknown universe.

The character development and creative world building were continually engrossing, I just could not put this book down. I greedily gobbled up every morsel of the story but was disappointed once I reached the last page, solely because the story was so enjoyable, I wished this book would never end!

There was a perfect symmetry between action and adventure, moreover the battle tactics were interesting and clever. The protagonist was very likeable and all around brilliant.

I highly recommend this book and the Jenetta Carver series to fellow SF readers and I can't for the next book in this series; in addition, I also look forward to the next Jenetta Carver book due out December 2012.

To fellow dark urban fantasy readers who are looking for a good space opera but do not want to end up with a space romance, I also recommend these books to you.
I also recommend:
On Silver Wings (Warrior's Wings Book One)
Mutineer (Kris Longknife)
Mech 1: The Parent (Imperium Series)
Peacekeeper: A Major Ariane Kedros Novel
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2012 12:11 PM PDT

Widow's Web (Elemental Assassin Series Book 7)
Widow's Web (Elemental Assassin Series Book 7)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Thrilling Installment!, September 14, 2012
I strongly suggest you read the previous books in the series (Spider's Bite, Web of Lies, Venom, Tangled Threads, Spiders Revenge, Thread of Death - Novella and By A Thread) prior to reading this installment.

When I am looking for edgy entertainment with dark wit to match, this series never lets me down. Gin tries to rescue Owen from drowning in his past and almost goes under with him. This installment was the boldest yet!

Gin is a wicked retired assassin (although her body count keeps rising) with a sharp mind and even sharper blades. Trouble keeps finding her and she keeps killing it. I never tire of this series, in fact, I look forward to each and every installment with gusto. I sometimes have a hard time breaking in new novels no matter how interesting, but I never have any dread factor with this series. This series is never stagnant and is constantly evolving and delivers consistent high-octane action and magic.

I highly recommend this book to fellow dark urban fantasy readers and look forward to reading the next book Deadly Sting due out 3/26/2013.
I also recommend:
Night Seeker (An Indigo Court Novel)
Shadow City (Horngate Witches)
A Perfect Blood (The Hollows)
Black Howl (Black Wings, Book 3)

Darklands (A Deadtown Novel)
Darklands (A Deadtown Novel)
by Nancy Holzner
Price: $8.99
40 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth A Read, September 14, 2012
I strongly suggest you read the previous books in the series (Deadtown, Hellforged and Bloodstone) prior to reading this installment.

This installment started off a bit slow for me. The story was enjoyable, however, the author donated a little bit more time to Vicky's relationship with her were boyfriend than I would've preferred.

I agree with another reviewer in regards to the cover. I personally found it hideous and I felt that it does not do the series justice.

I found the motive and story plot purposeless. Don't get me wrong, there was action-packed parts and interesting moments, but the story itself felt forced.

Although, I found many parts boring, the book was not dreadful; it just was not as consistently exciting as previous books. Vicky's interaction with her niece and their aunt Mab is always a treat and was a definite highlight.

I recommend this book to fellow dark urban fantasy readers and will read the next book in the series Hellhound due out in 2013.
I also recommend:
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1)
Once Bitten
Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance)
Secrets of the Demon (Kara Gillian, Book 3)
Harvest Hunting (Sisters of the Moon, Book 8)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20