Profile for S. M. L. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. M. L. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
White Mountain Women's Kahlua Boot,Chestnut,9 M US
White Mountain Women's Kahlua Boot,Chestnut,9 M US
Offered by ShoeMetro
Price: $50.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great booties, January 31, 2015
Love these booties! I work retail and they are the perfect height and cushioning to wear all day. Absolutely no breaking in necessary! Would like to get these in more colors.

Remington CI95AC/2 Tstudio Salon Collection Pearl Digital Ceramic Curling Wand, 1/2-inch - 1-inch, Pink
Price: $13.61
21 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars great for beginners, May 1, 2014
I was wary of curling irons for a long time after getting burned by one when I was young. It had been about 15 years since anyone curled my hair, and I had never done it myself. I would also consider myself a fairly klutzy person, so if anyone would burn themselves, it would be me. I chose this curling iron because I like the ceramic finish and I didn't want to fuss with the clamp kind. As a curling novice, the tapered barrel seemed like a useful feature.

I burned myself once the first time I used it, but since then have not, and I don't use the glove. I take my time and go slow. I would not use this if I have less than 20 minutes to curl all of my hair. If I have less time, I just curl the ends.

I don't particularly like the tapered barrel. I have long hair and my hair slides down a bit as I am winding it around. There are ways around it but that requires more effort so I usually just let it happen.

I still use some anti-frizz cream after curling to keep my curls smooth, but I am fairly satisfied with the finish of the curls.

I agree with other reviewers who suggest that you give yourself some time to get used to the curling iron, be patient, watch tutorials, etc. If you do all of this, there you should be able to get a good result, even as a novice like me.

Champion Women's Absolute Workout Capri Legging, Shiraz, Medium
Champion Women's Absolute Workout Capri Legging, Shiraz, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars great workout tights, January 24, 2014
Champion is my go-to brand for affordable workout gear, and these tights impress. They fit true to size, the wide waistband is very flattering, and the space-dye pattern hides panty lines and imperfections.

Gabor Women's Schwarz Ballet Flat 74.162 7 B(M) UK
Gabor Women's Schwarz Ballet Flat 74.162 7 B(M) UK
Offered by OnlineShoes
Price: $159.95
3 used & new from $159.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, January 24, 2014
This review is from: Gabor Ballet Flat 74.162 (Apparel)
I got my first pair of Gabor flats in Germany. I was sad to find that they are much harder to find in the US, and much more expensive. I have had my first pair for two years, I wear them several times a week, and they are still the best work shoes I own. I have very sensitive feet, but I can wear them for 7 hours of retail work and walk for miles in them with no blisters or hot spots. Rather than buy several other pairs of shoes that might work for me, I saved my money for these. These flats are just as comfortable, and they are cute, if a little longer in the toe than my old ones. They stay on my feet and never rub. The footbed is leather and the lining wicks moisture very well, so my feet always feel dry. I really can't say enough good things about Gabor flats.

I wear a size 9 US and 7 UK. I'm not sure if the size chart on here is exactly accurate. If you are between sizes I would probably size up.

Jones New York Women's Roll Sleeve Tunic With Button Detail, Orange, 6
Jones New York Women's Roll Sleeve Tunic With Button Detail, Orange, 6

3.0 out of 5 stars comfortable but boxy, January 24, 2014
I waited for this top to go on sale, because I haven't been particularly impressed with Jones New York in the past. I am glad that I didn't pay full price, but this top is decent for the $30 I paid for it.

Pros:
1) Beautiful shade of orange
2) Somewhat stretchy fabric

Cons:
1) Wide and boxy
2) Not long enough to be a tunic for me, but I have a long torso

I'd say this top fits like other Jones New York products, so if you have good luck with their clothing, then this top may work better for you.

Art To Frames Picture Frame, 8 by 8-Inch, Black
Art To Frames Picture Frame, 8 by 8-Inch, Black
Price: $17.10
4 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars simple, beautiful frame, January 24, 2014
It is hard to find an 8x8 inch frame for a good price, and I was nervous about purchasing a frame online, but this one is perfect. I actually prefer MDF frames to solid wood because they are lighter, so I can hang them with command strips. The finish on this frame looks good and the pieces are put together well. Real glass is a plus. I was particularly happy with the suspended packaging. I would feel very comfortable purchasing this product again, and I am looking into buying more Art To Frames products.

Strapless Seamless Purple Smocking Tube Dress
Strapless Seamless Purple Smocking Tube Dress
Offered by ClothesEffect
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great product for the price!, July 17, 2013
For less than $10, I would have been happy just having a dress that fits, so this dress exceeded my expectations. The fabric is very soft, thin enough to keep it lightweight and perfect for summer, but thick enough that I don't have to wear anything under it. The top elastic is just strong enough to hold the dress up without feeling tight (I'm a size 6). The skirt flows nicely but isn't so wide that it blows up in the wind. The color is as pictured, a beautiful deep purple. I absolutely love it, and at this price, I can afford to get it in a few more colors too!

Bower Pro Lens Cap Keeper for SLR Cameras CK501
Bower Pro Lens Cap Keeper for SLR Cameras CK501
Price: $3.84
22 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars no more lost lens caps, May 28, 2013
I bought this after dropping a lens cap in a lake. Since then, I have never lost a lens cap. It works with all of my lenses; I simply switch lens caps so that the lens on my camera has this attached.

OPI Blue My Mind
OPI Blue My Mind
Offered by Altima Beauty
Price: $6.74
17 used & new from $4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars favorite nail polish, May 28, 2013
This review is from: OPI Blue My Mind (Misc.)
I love this color because it goes with everything and every season. The color is richer than it appears in the picture. Great quality.

Timberland Women's 17681 Crystal Mountain Tall Lace-Up Boot,Brown/Violet,9.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars best boots ever!, May 28, 2013
I bought my first pair of these boots in Germany after eyeing them for months. One of the best purchases I've made. I bought a second pair on Amazon just in case the first pair wears out, but I don't see that happening any time soon. I have worn my first pair almost every day for two winters and they are still in perfect condition. Great for walking in any conditions, and they keep my whole body warmer, allowing me to wear a lighter coat. I get tons of compliments on them too. Could not ask for better boots!

I wear a 9 in shoes and I ordered the 9.5 to have room for thicker socks, but because of the lace-up design they work with lighter socks as well.

Page: 1 | 2