Profile for djkorben > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

djkorben RSS Feed (Kamloops BC Canada)

Carhartt Men's Color Block Visor Hat, Bluestone, One Size
Carhartt Men's Color Block Visor Hat, Bluestone, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars So Comfortable, October 9, 2012
I was wary of ordering this because of the reviews saying that it was too small for big heads because I have a pumpkin on my shoulders basically. haha, that said, it actually fits perfectly. I always wear large/x-large and up to 7 3/4 hat sizes and this surprisingly fits very well. quality is great which carhartt is always reliable for.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2012 12:34 PM PST

Carhartt Men's Knit Hat With Visor
Carhartt Men's Knit Hat With Visor
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't really go wrong at $8..., October 9, 2012
lots of the reviews said it was a little tight but I have a pumpkin attached to my shoulders and can never find any hats that fit properly and this fits great. doesn't scratch my head at all and is way softer than I thought it would be. and like I said, for under 10 bucks, thats a steal

ALPINESTARS Men's Champ Fleece Zip Hoodie, Blue, Large
ALPINESTARS Men's Champ Fleece Zip Hoodie, Blue, Large

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Thread-Bare..., October 9, 2012
I just received my hoodie this morning and I was excited about it because I have this thing with loving the blue/white/black color combination. While this sweater does have my favorite colors that's where my happiness stops for a $70 zip-up. The zipper is cheap plastic and the hood part of it is pointy and makes me look like an elf, but the worst part is the quality. This has got to be the lightest hoodie I've ever seen in my life. It's so thin you can actually see through the white part of it. I have some t-shirts that are thicker than this thing. It will definitely not keep you warm or stop the wind at all. I would return it but I live in canada and shipping would be like half the price of the hoodie so I would be out $35 I'm assuming.

Compustar GPS Track and Start your vehicle from the convenience of your iPhone
Compustar GPS Track and Start your vehicle from the convenience of your iPhone
Offered by Lessco Sales
Price: $129.98
4 used & new from $129.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Compustar Add-on, May 29, 2012
I bought the drone mobile as an add-on for my car alarm/starter combo unit from compustar and so far it seems to work pretty good.

The install needed to be done by a licensed installer (a friend works at a local place here) but after a few hours it was up and running.

The reason I bought this was so I can have email notification and text message if your vehicle alarm goes off when you're not around and can't hear it (out of town or at a friends house). you can start / stop / arm / disarm everything right from your phone and it works great. There are a ton more options like geo-fencing and vehicle status and GPS location but you have to pay extra for all of that ($10 a month i think)

Also this device only works in canada on the rogers network just so you know

OTTERBOX Samsung Galaxy S II (i9100) Commuter Series Case
OTTERBOX Samsung Galaxy S II (i9100) Commuter Series Case
Offered by GOCELL
Price: $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Otterbox Case, April 22, 2012
I figured I had to rate it another 5 to bring the rating up for the amount of people who were rating it zero... after reading all their reviews, I almost feel sad for these people who bought obviously, the WRONG case, for their phones. this case is for the international version (i9100). if you have that phone, this case fits great. the screen protector included is great too. if you use the swype keyboard you don't want a sticky screen protector like the invisishield one.

Alienware M14X 14" Laptop (2.0 GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor, 8 GB RAM, 750 GB Hard Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) Black

2.0 out of 5 stars 14" Jet Taking Off, December 14, 2011
I really wanted to love this laptop, I really did. The AlienFX thing is pretty cool with the whole keyboard lights and the rest, the screen was great (1600x900). It was nice and fast, although, booting it up took about 4 minutes before you could actually do anything on it, and that's WAY too long for a brand new top of the line computer. The video card (GT555m) was great and games looked great and the frame rate even at high detail never really took a nosedive. The klipsch speaker set up in this thing was awesome too, had a tiny little woofer in it that brought some great sound with it.

All these things kept me wanting to like or, or even to use it, but the ONLY thing stopping me, was the fan. Any other review that you read, if someone says the fan isn't that bad, is lying or borderline deaf. I'm sorry. I've been building and repairing computers for at least 15 years now, and never have I heard any fan that gets THIS loud. I understand that things need to be kept cool, but things also need to be designed better to keep the airflow going. The fan noise was unbearable playing a game to the point you had to use headphones just to hear what you were doing, even just browsing webpages in chrome fired the fan up and got it spinning, albeit not as loud as when gaming.

I tried everything I could to get the fan down to a comfortable level. Updating the BIOS to the latest one (which dell wrote specifically for the fan complaints), flashing an unlocked BIOS from the guys over at bios-mods, changing fan heat thresholds, propping it up on a book, using a laptop cooler. I even went as far as ripping the ENTIRE laptop apart and re-applying the best thermal grease I could find. The old stuff that I cleaned off looked like colgate. That was actually the only thing that showed any significant improvement, it actually dropped the temperature down by about 5-7 degrees celsius at idle and 10-15 degrees celsius at load.

Bottom line, this laptop needs two fans, or a shorter heat pipe to the CPU/GPU. the heatpipe had to be at least 6 or 7 inches, and for this dinky little fan to keep up it has to spin like a 737 taking off.

So after my issues with the fan I decided to return it using my "30 day money back guarantee" which turns out to cost about $250... those idiots at dell sell you a laptop with an obvious design flaw, and then tell you "oh, yeah, just box it up, pay for shipping, then we'll just go ahead and charge you an additional 15% restocking fee"

I will NEVER recommend this laptop to anyone, and probably tell people to just stay away from dell completely. That re-stocking fee is just plain robbery.

Just sold this laptop on craigslist about an hour ago, so technically, Dell still has my money, how depressing.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2013 1:27 PM PST