Profile for C. C. Gullo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. C. Gullo "heycomics" RSS Feed (Rochester NY USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Generation Iron
Generation Iron
DVD ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Price: $9.99
34 used & new from $8.62

4.0 out of 5 stars May be better than Pumping Iron, September 9, 2014
This review is from: Generation Iron (DVD)
I have been a fan of BBing for at least 30 years and this docu seems to ring true of this unusual world. A very small group of guys (and gals, this film covers mostly males) are actual pro BBs and run in the BB competitions (Olympia is #1!). The filmmaker covers Kai Green, Branch Warren, (the one to beat) Jay Cutler and others. Fascinating. An extremely entertaining docu that I find is BETTER than Pumping Iron. Here we see how the guys live (ummmm.. Branch lives VERY well) and show their families. My god, these guys are hardworking athletes who are BOKU with passion for the sport!! I think I'll purchase the DVD here, I like it so much. Multiple viewing may be a must (for me:>))

Showcase Presents: Supergirl Vol. 2
Showcase Presents: Supergirl Vol. 2
by Jerry Siegel
Price: $15.14
49 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun crazy early 1960s DC reading, July 16, 2014
RIDICULOUS stories but some more early Supergirl tales from DC. Did she spend a lot of time w/ that Comet the Superhorse? Heck yeah! And Streaky the supercat also spend some time with the MAID of Might (I always thought that title was demeaning, what is she a super powered housekeeper??) I even learned new tidbits about Sgirl: the real origin of Comet and Streaky (Spoiler: Comet is NOT from Krypton, but an ancient god). Also, how Sgirl survived a barrage of Red Kryptonite attacks. The death of Luthor and the 1st appearance of Lena, who winds up to be Lex Luthor's sister. Some fun stuff that appeared in back up stories in mostly Action Comics of 1958-1962

Whatever's for Us
Whatever's for Us
10 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT early JA opus, June 30, 2014
This review is from: Whatever's for Us (Audio CD)
This is another "REM LRP" cd which I list as "almost every song is perfect, like R E M's Life's Rich Paegent". This may be dated as very mellow folk rock of the early 1970's. But I love folk rock of that period. "City Girl" "Visionary Mountains" examples of her crisp songwriting. JA is a genius. But my favorite cut is "Head of the table", really terrific. If you like Joni Mitchell you will love this cd. I actually bought it ages ago in a barqain bin. After I listened to it, I felt "Y is this great album in a bargain rack?"

Crue Ball
Crue Ball
26 used & new from $2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars addictive pinball game with rock n roll attitude., May 15, 2014
This review is from: Crue Ball (Video Game)
I really like this game. Many criticize video pinball games due to bad psysics. This game has good movement, cool characters and easy to keep the ball in play due to a lot of kickbacks. You are not disappointed with the outcome of conquering certain challenges. Like when you finally get to the ramp on the first table. i screamed in delight when the ball ramped up OUT of the whole machine into a new bonus screen. and on the 3rd table when you get the ball captured in that particle accelerator thingy. FUN FUN FUN!! Worth getting a GENESIS

All The Little Lights
All The Little Lights
Price: $10.44
70 used & new from $4.47

4.0 out of 5 stars For pub/coffehouse folk rock, a great find., May 15, 2014
This review is from: All The Little Lights (Audio CD)
I am a fan of 1970's folk rock like America, Joni Mitchell and Jim Croce. This is more like pub folk so prominent in the mid 1990's after the explosion of grunge. This some great, original stuff. His hit song is very good, yet overplayed. His others like "Holes" is extremely emotional and gives me goosebumps still. His last cut is a live one, "I Hate" & is terrific. It makes me close to weeping

Crossbow [Atari 2600]
Crossbow [Atari 2600]
Offered by You Name the Game
Price: $19.99
7 used & new from $3.65

4.0 out of 5 stars For atari 2600 tech, pretty darn good!, May 15, 2014
This review is from: Crossbow [Atari 2600] (Video Game)
This was a later entry into productions of 2600's line of carts (they went under circa 1989). So, programmers could do more with the limited tech they had in the memory. Forthis tech, it isa pretty good game. i adored the original large arcade cabinet game with a huge fake crossbow to hold. Compared to it, this game really isn't that much different. The boards are limited, but the game play is the same. It's fun but very tough!! You have to click on the red or green (later blue too) box to travel to each enviro. There's a desert, an ice carvern, volcano etc. I couldn't get very far but i would assume there isn't a second board of enviros like the arcade. Yet all in all a fun game. Even for millinials? we'll see.

Swamp Thing VOL 03: The Curse
Swamp Thing VOL 03: The Curse
by Alan Moore
33 used & new from $7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Moore master work American Gothic, March 28, 2014
Alan Moore's masterwork of 1983-1988 this covers the "American Gothic" story line. I read the original work on newsprint comics in 1985 and I still think it's brilliant. Steven Bissette's and JOhn Totleben's - both grads of the Kubert school - work mesh wonderfully. John Constantine is introducted (#37 and ebay has the original comic priced at a fortune) and helps Swampy with the prelude to the war of heaven and hell. So, they go on a quest of America to horrors like: a southern town run of vampires, a housewife who becomes a werewolf on her periods, a haunted plantation that has a horrible past. Moore comingles the horror stories with moral fables. If you have never read Swamp Thing in this era you are missing out.

Bejeweled 3 (with Zuma & Feeding Frenzy 2) - Playstation 3
Bejeweled 3 (with Zuma & Feeding Frenzy 2) - Playstation 3
Offered by Galactics
Price: $7.80
115 used & new from $2.39

4.0 out of 5 stars PS 3 game or phone?, March 28, 2014
fun game, nice time waster. You can easily play game like this for free on your phone or tablet but I find it more soothing on the TV screen.

Bottomless Belly Button
Bottomless Belly Button
by Dash Shaw
Price: $26.99
60 used & new from $5.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Good off the wall graphic novel., March 28, 2014
Weird stuff depicting a family with a rabbit or some strange animal as a young son jerking off in his room. A marriage on the rocks is shown with an alienated daughter giving a stranger she met on a bus $2 never to see her again. I t seems it's a regular dysfunctional family in a HUGE volume that took me while to digest. But all in all worthwhile.

Dirty Plotte #8, February 1994
Dirty Plotte #8, February 1994
by Julie Doucet
3 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Dirty indeed and I love it!!, March 28, 2014
I am a big fan of all comics, but as soon as I discovered R. Crumb I began shoehorning in my comic staches with underground comics. I first discovered Julie's work maybe 20 years ago. Her drawings are VERY dark and twisted and I loved every frame of it. It's not in this book but I recall some cartoons of Captain Kirk and Spock jerking off together on a planet and flooding it with cum. Also, killing her boyfriend and chopping off his cock. You must like very coal black humour to like her, but I'd give her a Pulitzer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6