Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Steve > Reviews

Browse

Steve's Profile

Customer Reviews: 278

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steve RSS Feed (Massachusetts, USA)
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fisher-Price Newborn-to-Toddler Play Gym
Fisher-Price Newborn-to-Toddler Play Gym
Price: $50.99
17 used & new from $40.99

4.0 out of 5 stars and the arch is the perfect height for him to hold onto, August 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This play mat is a big hit with our 8-month-old. He's just learning to pull up and stand, and the arch is the perfect height for him to hold onto, while the balls and toys keep his attention. He loves watching the balls go through the chutes, and picking them up to chew on or throw.

Another nice thing about this toy is that you don't really need to use the music, but it's there if you want it. There's plenty to look at and listen to with the balls rolling through. We actually haven't even put batteries in ours yet, and the baby has had tons of fun with it.

However, the mat itself is nothing special and there are bigger/nicer ones on the market for very young babies. I prefer Bright Starts Baby's Play Place Playmat, Swingin' Safari for a younger baby. It is larger and has many more places to attach toys. Also, all the attachment points are loops so you can insert your own links and toys. On this mat, you pretty much have to use the three toys that come with it. (They're cute and fun, but it's nice being able to change out the toys).

One other problem with the arch is that it's not very sturdy. You definitely have to watch your toddler closely while he/she is standing and holding it! On our hardwood floors, it slides around when he tries to stand. On a rug, it's much steadier, but he still manages to push it sometimes, or rock it back and forth (even when it's anchored to the mat). He is definitely strong enough to push it all the way over and fall.

Playskool Fold 'n Go Busy Elephant - Blue
Playskool Fold 'n Go Busy Elephant - Blue
Price: $24.34
7 used & new from $24.34

4.0 out of 5 stars It's also a nice, large size -- about a foot and a ..., July 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this toy for my 7-month-old. It's very cute and soft and cuddly, and he loves exploring all the different textures and objects attached to it. His favorites are the crinkly ear, and the hidden flower. But it doesn't hold his attention quite as long as other toys (like his teethers, or his singing piano) - but this will vary a lot from baby to baby. It's also a nice, large size -- about a foot and a half long. I haven't needed to wash it yet, but it says it is machine-washable - a nice feature. The toy also folds up, which is convenient for packing.

The only real downside here is that this toy is almost $40 and that's pretty expensive for a baby toy.

Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon)
Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon)
Price: $199.00
19 used & new from $184.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This speaker is just awesome. The audio quality is excellent, June 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This speaker is just awesome. The audio quality is excellent, especially considering the form factor. If you are a hardcore audiophile, then I'm sure you can find issues to focus on here - but for a small, portable speaker you're not going to do much better. This sound quality is what we've come to expect from Bose, and this product is no different. It's loud and clear, with solid bass. Music just sounds awesome on this speaker, it's top notch. It's almost shocking how great it sounds considering that the speaker is so tiny.

The overall design is simple and solid. The construction is excellent, as you hold the SoundLink it just screams out "well built". Visually I like the design very much, but the look is simple and understated. If you're looking for something flashy, then you might want to look elsewhere. The small form factor makes this really easy to take on the go - you can definitely easily carry it in a backpack or even in your jacket pocket or purse. It is pretty heavy though, much more dense than you'd think by just looking at it. It's a brick!

I've paired it with multiple phones and my iPad, and the bluetooth setup has gone off without a hitch. I've moved around the house a bit without losing my connection, but when I walked outside to test the range it did drop connection. One thing to point out, is that I've used bluetooth speakers in the past that seem to just randomly drop the connection from time to time, but the SoundLink hasn't done that to me at all yet. Very refreshing!

The battery life has been very good in my tests, lasting around 9 hours before running out of juice on me.

The only thing that would prevent me from recommending this product to everyone is that the $200 price tag is fairly steep. If you're looking for a high quality product though, and are willing to spend $200 then I'm sure you'll be very happy with this one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2015 3:12 PM PDT

WD My Cloud Business Series 12TB 2-Bay Pre-Configured NAS with Intel Processor (WDBBAZ0120JBK-NESN)
12 used & new from $759.68

5.0 out of 5 stars WD did a great job making this a quick and easy setup, June 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Setting up this NAS is absolutely trivial, WD did a great job making this a quick and easy setup. Within 10 minutes I had everything ready to go, it's really as simple as connecting the network, connecting the power, and then turning it on. Minutes later you'll have an excellent RAID solution all ready to go. I've connected to and used this drive from my Windows desktop and multiple Macbooks - and all of them connected easily and have worked flawlessly so far. Time Machine backups and tons of photos/videos/other data are now living happily in their central, secure location on the WD Red drives (designed for reliability).

The control panel for this drive is very extensive and potentially a bit overwhelming. Honestly I haven't tweaked many of the settings, the default setup has been meeting my needs well. I have some experience with the WD MyCloud app in the past, but for my use cases I'm not typically accessing data this way. I've tested it out and it seems to work well, it's just not something that I use often.

While not primarily important, I wanted to mention that the physical design of this product is excellent. It's very appealing, clean looking. The drives are easy to access and remove. There is no external display or anything though, just a few blue LEDs. Any diagnostic information has to come from accessing the control panel.

One other nice feature of this NAS is that it provides multiple network and power connections for redundancy in case you are interested in hooking up a UPS or something similar. In a small business scenario this is possibly an important feature.

HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw Printer
HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw Printer
83 used & new from $150.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This printer is a great choice if you want a basic wireless home printer ..., June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This printer is a great choice if you want a basic wireless home printer for documents. If you want a photo printer or a scanner, this is not for you - but if you just want to print then it could be an excellent option. This printer was very easy to set up and is now connected to all of our home computers and laptops over our wireless network. The print quality in both color and black and white is excellent and print outs can be handled immediately with no smudging. The speed is supposed to reach 19 ppm, and it certainly seems to print very quickly.

Perhaps the biggest plus compared to our old printer is the large laserjet ink cartridges. They each generate 1400 or more copies (according to the specs - can update later on when we have printed more things), while the small color ink cartridges for our old printer only worked for about 300 pages -- I felt like we were constantly running low on ink and having to change them out, and we don't even use the printer very often.

This printer also looks very stylish and I really like the touch-screen display. It runs fairly quietly and goes to sleep automatically when not in use.

Belkin QODE Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case for iPad Air (White)
Belkin QODE Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case for iPad Air (White)
Price: $149.99
3 used & new from $149.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The keys are comfortable, and the case offers decent protection while being ..., May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This iPad keyboard/case has a solid design. The keys are comfortable, and the case offers decent protection while being lightweight. The way the magnets are setup to offer multiple viewing angles is nice, and the magnet strength is surprisingly solid. Everything about the design is excellent, but the problem is that the bluetooth pairing is just not reliable. Sometimes it takes multiple times to pair, and often it just loses the connection randomly in the middle of typing. I tried restarting, enabling/disabling the bluetooth, etc. and nothing seemed to help much. Sometimes the connection stays and the product seems excellent, but it's not reliable. Unfortunate, because this product has great potential.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2015 4:43 AM PDT

Monster Octagon Over-Ear Headphones - Black Matte
Monster Octagon Over-Ear Headphones - Black Matte
7 used & new from $186.35

5.0 out of 5 stars These comfortable headphones deliver excellent sound, May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These comfortable headphones deliver excellent sound. In fact, when I connected them to my iphone and turned them up all the way, they made pretty good speakers! (They sound way better than the phone's speakers). I can only turn them up a third of the way while wearing them before the music gets too loud for me. When I turn the sound way down, the music is still clear. The bass is excellent, and the overall sound quality is fantastic. These are not noise-cancelling headphones, but they do a good job of blocking out most sound, while allowing you to hear if you have to. People close to you will also be able to hear your music through the headphones unless it is super quiet.

The headphones are adjustable and comfortable. I have a pretty abnormally large head and my ears are big, and often headphones don't fit me well. Not the case with these, they're well-padded and quite comfortable for me to wear. The only potential downside here is that they are are a bit bulky and fairly heavy compared to other headphones I've had, but not enough for this to be a problem for me. Just be aware they're not the kind of headphones that you put on to go for a run and exercise, they're for when you don't mind sacrificing some mobility for excellent sound.

They come with two connectors. One has a control on it the cord to stop or start a song on a mobile device or tablet -- very useful! The other is much longer with a coil to help prevent tangles. The headphones also come with a nice, simple carrying bag.

Overall, I'm impressed with this product. They're not cheap, but they deliver a high-end experience. Highly recommended if you're looking for a high quality set of speakers and don't mind something a little bulky.

OCZ Storage Solutions Vector 180 Series 240GB 2.5-Inch SATA III SSD with Toshiba A19nm NAND VTR180-25SAT3-240G
Price: $124.99
22 used & new from $79.50

5.0 out of 5 stars The installation was very quick and easy, it took me around 10-15 minutes to swap ..., May 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife has an older Macbook Pro from 2011 and it has been running slowly lately. Over the weekend I replaced her hard drive with this SSD and the performance has improved dramatically. Upgrading to an SSD is one of the biggest bang for the buck computer performance improvements, and the different is very noticible. The installation was very quick and easy, it took me around 10-15 minutes to swap out the drives (and a lot of that time was just tracking down the right screwdrivers).

The drive itself seems well made and solid, especially given how thin it is. Note that this product does come with a 3.5" adapter if you're installing it into a desktop, but I was replacing a laptop drive so I didn't use it.

Everything about this drive has been great so far, highly recommended.

Delta Faucet 9178T-AR-DST Leland, Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Touch2O, Arctic Stainless
Price: $349.13
6 used & new from $219.53

5.0 out of 5 stars The brushed stainless steel construction is beautiful, the product looks great and whole setup feels ..., May 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My house was built in the late 70s, and the kitchen faucet had definitely not been updated since then. I spent a few hours today installing this Delta faucet, and it is definitely a huge step up over the 70s special we were running with before! The brushed stainless steel construction is beautiful, the product looks great and whole setup feels high-quality and solid. The short story of this review is that if you like the looks of this faucet, then you'll probably love it. Read on for some more details.

A lot of the reviews here mention having plumbers install it for them, but I decided to install mine myself. I'm not great at home improvements, but I do have some experience. Not a total rookie, but far FAR from being a master. If you're a homeowner with a little skill, then you should be able to handle this project.

This installation took me a little over two hours to finish, but the majority of that time was spent trying to get the old faucet OUT. This was definitely the hardest part of the process, but after some WD-40 and a little elbow grease I had the old faucet out and ready to replace. The install of the new Delta faucet had a lot of steps, but was very straightforward. Connecting the sink to the hot and cold water was easy enough, but after that there are still a decent number of steps left. There's a battery pack to install, and some wires to run - but none of these steps are really complicated or difficult, just more stuff to do. Pretty easy. After this install, I spent too much time being paranoid and trying to verify that there weren't any leaks - but everything was good to go and the faucet was working properly.

The performance of the faucet is fantastic. The headisn't stainless steel (it's plastic), but it works great. The magnet holds it securely in place, and it switches easily between the different spray modes. Note that this faucet doesn't have a separate "hose" (it's built into the main faucet), so if you had an existing spot in your sink for one like me, then you can use that space for a soap dispenser instead. Unfortunately this doesn't come with the faucet, so you'll have to buy one separately.

Initially I thought installing a battery pack into my kitchen sink was a little silly, but the Touch2O technology is actually pretty cool. I'm always cooking, and the idea of being able to turn on the faucet without dirtying up the handle due to the raw meat or dough on my hands sounds great to me. I've tested this feature out a bunch, and it works great. There is also a small LED on the front of the faucet that indicates if the water is hot or cold. Honestly I'm not sure what I would use this for, but it's pretty cool.

Kid O Water Tower Set Toy
Kid O Water Tower Set Toy
Price: $17.99
5 used & new from $17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars but I thought it would be fun to show him the water wheel and sieve and ..., May 10, 2015
This review is from: Kid O Water Tower Set Toy (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was excited to try this toy during bath time with our baby. He's not old enough to use it himself, but I thought it would be fun to show him the water wheel and sieve and funnel.

Unfortunately, the water wheel doesn't work very well. I tried pour water over it fast and slow, to the side and in the middle, and I got it to spin a few times, but mostly the water just spilled off to the sides. Too bad because our baby loves watching things spin!

I'm giving this three stars because the toy is very well-made, and I like how any combination of the three pieces fits over the base. The sieve was a big hit! The baby loved trying to catch the water falling through. I think this toy would be a lot of fun at the beach, too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20