Profile for Steve > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 724

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steve RSS Feed (Massachusetts, USA)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fisher Price Cradle 'n Swing - My Little Snugapuppy
Fisher Price Cradle 'n Swing - My Little Snugapuppy
Offered by AAA Bazaar LLC
Price: $140.99
9 used & new from $140.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to put together, lots of features, September 13, 2014
Length:: 3:15 Mins

Natural Balance Ingredient Treats Sweet Potato and Chicken Meal Dental Chews for Medium to Large Dogs, 13-Ounce
Price: $18.69
15 used & new from $13.80

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves them!, August 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These treats are advertised for dogs between 25 and 50 pounds, so I was a bit worried that my 70 lb powerful chewer black lab Maya would tear through these too quickly - but they about 4 inches long and are tough enough that she spends a few minutes gnawing away at each one. If you have a powerful chewer, I wouldn't let the weight guidelines deter you - these treats may still be worth a shot for your pup.

The one downside I can think of with these treats is that they are not cheap. You get 12 to a bag and a bag costs around $20. Even though they're a bit expensive, you're paying for quality. Natural Balance has a good reputation and these treats are made with a short list of relatively high quality ingredients (Sweet Potato, Chicken Meal, Glycerin, Natural Chicken Flavor, Lecithin, Sorbic Acid (preservative), L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate).

I can't really vouch for the breath-freshening aspect of these chews - Maya loves having her teeth brushed and her breath is typically pretty fresh anyway.

In summary, my dog loves them and when this bag runs out I'll be buying another one!

KOBI ELECTRIC K2L3 19-watt (100-Watt) A21 LED 5000K (COOL White) Light Bulb, Dimmable
Offered by WAD Enterprises, LLC
Price: $23.89
5 used & new from $23.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bulb in the correct situation, August 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first thing you'll notice about this bulb is that only the top 1/3 or so of the bulb actually produces light. The second thing you'll notice is that the bulb is quite heavy - it's somewhere around half a pound and far heavier than traditional light bulbs. These two qualities mean that you'll have to think a bit about where exactly you want to use this light. Your ideal location needs to be able to support a heavy bulb and also not suffer from the fact that light doesn't come out of the sides of the bulb as much as a traditional solution would.

Assuming you have a place in your house that makes sense for this bulb, it's an excellent product. There are a few negative qualities that I have seen with other LED light bulbs: buzzing sounds, flickering, delayed illumination. Thankfully this particular bulb doesn't suffer from any of those issues. It's pretty much silent, doesn't flicker at all, and illuminates pretty much instantly. I'm very happy with this light bulb and I've already ordered another one. Highly recommended!

Mayfair 148E2 000 Slow-Close Molded Wood Toilet Seat with Lift-Off Hinges, Elongated, White
Price: $37.00
40 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome replacement, August 28, 2014
I have a Glacier Bay toilet from Home Depot, and the one significant complaint that many reviews mentioned of that toilet is that the lid is not good and needs to be replaced. Those reviews were VERY correct - the stock seat was flimsy, light, felt very cheap, and seemed like it could just fall off at any minute. So I picked up this as a replacement, and so far I'm 100% satisfied, it's the total opposite of the lid I was replacing. This lid is sturdy, secure, solid, fits perfectly, looks great, and only took me about 5-10 minutes to install. Very satisfied with it so far!

3M 39117 Complete Car Care Kit
3M 39117 Complete Car Care Kit
Price: $61.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Just add a bucket and some water!, August 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This kit provides pretty much every thing you need to give your car a really thorough cleaning. We have a 2011 Outback and a 2013 Impreza, and after a few hours they look as good as they have since the day we bought them.

The only thing you need to add to this kit in order to give your car a good cleaning is a bucket, a hose, some water, and potentially a detail brush. This kit comes with everything else, here's what you get:

5 3M microfiber towels - These are awesome. They work great, significantly more effective than using something like an old t-shirt - which is what I've used in the past.

3M Car Wash Soap - This did a good job of cutting through everything on the outside of the car (dried dirt, bug splatter, etc.)

3M Quick Wax Spray Detailer - This is sort of an in-between wax that is very quick and easy to apply. Post-wash, you don't have to wait until the car is dry to apply this quick wax, which is very convenient.

3M Wheel and Tire Cleaner - Cuts through the dirt, brake, and road grime well. The tires and wheel look excellent.

3M Scratch and Scuff Remover - The Impreza especially had some light surface scratching that I was hoping to address. After working on it for a while, the scratch is definitely still visible if you know where to look - but it's significantly less noticeable.

3M Leather and Vinyl Restorer - Neither of our cars have leather, and I haven't tried out this product yet. When I get around to it, I'll update this review.

3M Lens and Hard Plastic Cleaner - I didn't notice any specific scuffing on the headlights of either of our cars yet, so I skipped this product also. Again, I'll update this review when I get around to using it.

Some reviewers have commented that there is some leakage on the inside of the kit, but this was not my experience. All of the bottles were secure and tightly sealed, no problems here. I will say that there aren't any packing peanuts or inflated bubble wrap or anything on the inside of the box though, so there is some room for the bottle to move around on the inside.

Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper 24 Mega Roll (6 packs of 4 Mega Rolls)
Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper 24 Mega Roll (6 packs of 4 Mega Rolls)
Price: $34.79
5 used & new from $31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I will say that it seems like there are two kinds of toilet paper in this ..., August 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Reviewing toilet paper is a tough assignment. I will say that it seems like there are two kinds of toilet paper in this world: too thin, and not too thin. This Charmin toilet paper is definitely not too thin, so it gets an A+ from me. It's the same stuff you get in the grocery store, and the 24 rolls last for a very long time.If you're looking for toilet paper then I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Scotts 18982 Miracle-Gro Titanium 8-Inch Detachable Shear with Sheath
Scotts 18982 Miracle-Gro Titanium 8-Inch Detachable Shear with Sheath
Price: $21.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid shears for the garden, August 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We spend a lot of time in the garden, and a nice set of shears helps with many tasks out there. These are perfect for cutting garden fabric, clipping netting (for our blueberry bushes), and light pruning/cleanup. The shears detach at the hinge, and this makes them very easy to clean and keep working smoothly. The blades are thick and sturdy, but I wouldn't want to try to use them to cut a branch more than, say, 1/4 inch in diameter.

The reason I'm going with 4 stars instead of 5 is that these scissors don't seem to be completely ergonomic. They aren't awful to use, but they are slightly uncomfortable for me. This isn't really a problem for short term usage, but might become an issue with extended usage. It's possible that if your hands are larger/smalller than mine you won't run into this issue.

Note: Mine did not come with a sheath, so I can't comment on that one way or another.

WD My Cloud WDBCTL0030HWT 3TB Personal Cloud Storage
WD My Cloud WDBCTL0030HWT 3TB Personal Cloud Storage
Price: Click here to see our price
32 used & new from $160.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Good NAS Drive, August 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Short story: This is a relatively easy-to-use network drive. I use it with Windows 7 and also my tablet, and it has worked well so far. Read on for more details if you're interested.

I know a lot of people have mentioned that setting up this drive is not straightforward, and they're right - there are more steps than it seems like there should be. In 2014 we're all pretty used to "one step" installation of computer hardware, and this is a little more complicated than that. Even with multiple steps, I timed myself setting up the drive and it took under 10 minutes (including firmware update). Not a huge deal, at least for me. Based on the other reviews, your mileage may vary.

There were several aspects of this drive that caused frustration however:

The transfer speed is probably slower than you'd expect. It depends on your exact setup, but it can take a long time to transfer files. For periodic updates this may not be such a big deal, but the "first big copy" of all your data can be very painful.

These sorts of big copies may be less painful if it was possible to connect this drive directly to your computer through USB. There's a USB connection on this drive, but as far as I can tell it can only be used to connect another drive and allow the NAS to access the data on it - not to read/write data from a computer. This is a bummer, especially since the transfer rates are considerably slower than a USB 3.0 external hard drive.

If this hard drive is on standby and is attempting to wake up, Windows has had trouble accessing the drive. It seems like if I gave it some time, the drive would eventually become responsive.

The design of this drive is nice, and it looks good. Note that it's only designed to stand up vertically, and there's no real option to place it horizontally. The last thing I want to mention is that this drive seems to be particularly noisy. It's not awful, but definitely noisier than other external hard drives I've used in the past.

STANLEY STMT73795 Mixed Tool Set, 210-Piece
STANLEY STMT73795 Mixed Tool Set, 210-Piece
Price: $129.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the do-it-yourself homeowner., August 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm definitely not a master handyman (just an average do-it-yourself homeowner), but this tool set has pretty much everything I could ever imagine myself needing for a weekend project or fixup. If you're looking for professional quality tools then you will likely be disappointed, but the quality of this set is fairly high for a home set.

The box that this set comes in for storage is pretty decent. It's fairly large and heavy (around 20 pounds), but is holding a lot of tools so that's to be expected. The inside is a mixed bag. Some of the tool seats seem too tight and others seem too loose, but overall it's not terrible. When the set arrived there were 4 or 5 loose tools that had been knocking around. The screwdrivers especially have a hard time staying in place.

The tools included cover pretty much everything I can think I'd need, with two exception: there's no hammer included and the only adjustable wrench is fairly small. The measuring tape is only 16 feet and doesn't include metric information. These aren't major complaints, but I thought I would mention them.

Some of the other reviews here have mentioned needing to unscrew something in order to open the case, but that is not the case on my set. There's a large handle on the front that can be turned by hand to lock/unlock the case and no screwdriver or anything else is needed. It's possible that the newer versions of this set have a slightly different design, or maybe it depends on the size of the set - I have the 210 piece version.

simplehuman 50L-Liter / 13-Gallon Semi-Round Step Trash Can, Black Plastic
simplehuman 50L-Liter / 13-Gallon Semi-Round Step Trash Can, Black Plastic
Offered by simplehuman direct
Price: $50.00
4 used & new from $45.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for dog owners, July 18, 2014
We bought this trash can because our dog was constantly poking her nose into the old one. She may not like this new trash can, but it works great! The clip holds the lid securely if you want to keep pets out, the opening mechanism works well, standard trash bags work perfectly, and it seems to be fairly well constructed. It's held up well so far. This trash can isn't anything fancy, but it's a great product and I'd buy another one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20