Profile for CJP > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CJP RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Maciste In King Solomons Mine (1964)
Maciste In King Solomons Mine (1964)
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with Maciste in King Solomon's Mine, June 8, 2015
This movie is so bad that it really deserves zero stars. It has some nice bodies but that is its only saving grace. The acting is terribly weak, the plot thin and confusing, the cinematography amateurish, and such things and costuming and technical aspects are sometimes just silly. There are so many better things available to watch, it's really hard to justify the time to watch this one.

C2G / Cables To Go 41062 Two Line Telephone Splitter L1 + L2
C2G / Cables To Go 41062 Two Line Telephone Splitter L1 + L2
Price: $7.90
11 used & new from $0.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, very good price, January 2, 2015
These telephone line connectors seemed to be difficult to get. Radio Shack used to carry them, but had none. Our local store was willing to order them for me for something like $12 each. I couldn't do that, so I ordered them from Amazon as a "ride along" item after my order went over $25. The price was quite reasonable and the product seems to work exactly as described. These are for a two-line setup where one outlet receptacle has only line 1 coming out, one has only line 2 coming out, and the third has line 1 and line 2 coming out. This allows you to plug in a FAX machine or phone that receives calls only from line 1 or 2, and still have the third for a two-line phone or an answering machine that is capable of answering two lines.

Be Mine
Be Mine
Price: $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, December 21, 2014
This review is from: Be Mine (Amazon Instant Video)
Weak acting, and stereotypical characters.

Eastbound & Down: Season 1
Eastbound & Down: Season 1
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch only with great caution!, December 21, 2014
Crazy fun show with totally ridiculous story line. Very coarse language and bigoted references. Watch this only if you have a very open mind and are not easily offended. Not for children.

Harold Imports Nonstick 7-Position  Adjustable Roasting Rack, 10-Inch
Harold Imports Nonstick 7-Position Adjustable Roasting Rack, 10-Inch
Price: $11.19
17 used & new from $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, and stores in a very small space, December 27, 2013
I bought this because I was traveling and wanted to add it to the kitchen at my destination so I could roast a chicken in the oven. This is a sturdy, and very compact (when folded) addition to the kitchen. I haven't been able to determine yet whether the non-stick surface will last, but it worked fine, held a rather large roasting chicken and performed well (i.e. held up in the oven, and cleaned up well afterward). I might buy a second one.

The Complete Book of Pickling: 250 Recipes from Pickles and Relishes to Chutneys and Salsas
by Jennifer MacKenzie
Price: $18.10
50 used & new from $10.38

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole gallery of good things, December 27, 2013
I bought this book on a whim because I had done a few pickle recipes and wanted some useful ideas. This book has loads. I have only made one recipe so far, but they all look great. I intend to use this book to expand the repertoire of condiments, sidedishes and preserved dishes I prepare.

Williams-Sonoma Collection: Risotto
Williams-Sonoma Collection: Risotto
by Pamela Sheldon Johns
108 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this book as a gift and might buy it for myself, December 27, 2013
My nephew tasted risotto for the first time and wanted to learn to make it. He's 22 and just getting into a place of his own. He has asked me several times for my recipe, so I gave him a written page of instructions but wanted something more, so I bought this. I already have a similar book by another author, but the Williams-Sonoma version, as usual for Williams-Sonoma, is beautifully done, has very approachable recipes, and provides a motivation to get into the kitchen and start cooking.

Just Enough French (Just Enough Phrasebook Series)
Just Enough French (Just Enough Phrasebook Series)
by D. L. Ellis
Price: $8.00
84 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little reference book, December 27, 2013
This book packs a lot of useful information into a small space and with a format that allows one to get answers quickly. It doesn't really teach the language, but helps one build on a little bit of French and get the pronunciation fairly close.

Zyliss Rotary/Multi-Drum Grater, White
Zyliss Rotary/Multi-Drum Grater, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and a reasonable price., November 5, 2013
I bought this particular grater because I needed a good grater for cheese and this one received top marks on America's Test Kitchen product reviews. I've used it twice and it works as well as they described. It also cleans well in the dishwasher or when hand washed. It came with two grater wheels, but I have used only the coarser one. The finer wheel would probably be best for a harder cheese or something else with a firmer consistency. Wheels are easily taken out and replaced as necessary. The crank handle is actually attached to the wheel itself, and folds down for easier storage.

Portfolio
Portfolio
Offered by skyvo-direct-usa
Price: $13.94
50 used & new from $1.89

5.0 out of 5 stars It's classic Grace Jones and classic music! What could be less than great about it?, November 5, 2013
This review is from: Portfolio (Audio CD)
This is the best Grace Jones album ever, and the music is timeless. The item arrived in great condition and as described.

Page: 1 | 2