Profile for J. Mahsoob > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Mahsoob "Jaffer" RSS Feed (Sewickley, PA)

Page: 1 | 2
Mudder® 6pcs Set G4 48-LED Warm White Light Crystal Bulb Lamps 3 Watt AC DC 12V Non-dimmable Equivalent to 20W Incandescent Bulb Replacement LED Bulbs
Offered by Mudder Online US
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great LED bulbs..., December 9, 2014
I added pigtails to the bulbs and fitted them into T5 wedge bases. Since these bulbs are set in silicon they work great in outdoor lighting. The color is perfect for Tiffany walkway path lights. As a bonus, the original Tiffany path lights came with 18watt bulbs, across ten path lights I dropped the power consumption by 150 watts, with similar if not better light output. I wish I could find these with either a T5 wedge base or with longer prongs, as that would have saved me some soldering, but all in all I'm very happy with the end result.

LED2020 LED Vintage Filament Bulb,A19 Edison Style,4W to Replace 40W Incandescent Bulb,Soft White (2700K), 120VAC, E26 Medium Base, Not Dimmable
Price: $9.78
4 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome LED filiment bulb, December 9, 2014
These bulbs have a nice color to them, and the filament LED looks great.

Pyle PSUFM835A 800 Watt 2-Way Speaker Systems, USB/SD Card Readers, FM Radio, AUX Input
Price: Click here to see our price
22 used & new from $90.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great!, December 9, 2014
I use these loudspeakers connected to an inverter and a deep cycle marine battery at drive-ins. I'm sure they were intended to rock parties and whatnot, but as a set of drive-in movie speakers they are superb. The only complaint I have is that the FM receiver antenna is easily damaged by the left speaker connection, so it has been replaced a few times. Other than that, with a 1200 watt inverter, and an Optima deep cycle battery this combination will last for at least 8 hours at a comfortable volume (about 50%). The LEDs around the speakers are a bit over the top for my purposes, but they would be perfect for a party.

Bench Dog Tools 10-073 Router Circle Cutting Jig
Bench Dog Tools 10-073 Router Circle Cutting Jig
Price: $47.35
9 used & new from $46.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly..., December 9, 2014
For cutting perfect circles this jig is a champ! I've used several other products that were similar, but this one is structurally rigid, so flex is negligible. It's also large enough to handle everything I've thrown at it.

Ac Adapter Battery Charger For Dell Inspiron 15R N5010 - P10F001
Ac Adapter Battery Charger For Dell Inspiron 15R N5010 - P10F001
Offered by Talented & Gifted
Price: $6.97
29 used & new from $4.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and noisy, but not bad for $8..., December 1, 2014
For $8 you can't expect too much, and in that respect this AC adapter does exactly what you would expect for $8... It provides power, however it is quite noisy, which causes strange trackpad movements (I'm guessing that the trackpad is not shielded very well)... I've used this replacement power on (3) Dell laptops, a Latitude E6520, Inspiron 15R, and an older D830, they all show goofy trackpad movements (I.E. mouse pointer jumps all over the screen or is non-responsive). But, for $8 I'm okay with just using the charger to charge the battery, it doesn't cause interference when it's not connected.

TP-LINK RE200 AC750 Universal Wireless Dual Band Range Extender, Wi-Fi Repeater, Wall Plug, Plug&Play, Ethernet Port, Smart Signal Indicator Light
Price: $49.99
82 used & new from $33.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect, easy to set up..., December 1, 2014
Setup took under 3 minutes, completely replicates the WiFi source on both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz. I have several around my house and they provide a seamless transition from one to another.

NETGEAR AC1200 High Power 700mW Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender - Desktop with 5 Ports (EX6200)
Price: $109.99
64 used & new from $84.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better..., December 1, 2014
This could be an awesome range extender/WiFi bridge if it weren't for some fairly significant limitations. It seems to provide decent output power and has no problem with weak input signal strength, however it can't provide truly seamless WiFi range extender functionality because you can only name one of the radio SSIDs the same as the source router SSID. In my configuration I have both 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios set to the same SSID on my WiFi router, the EX6200 can only set one radio SSID to the same as my router, setting them both to the same SSID causes an error on the EX6200. I have contacted Netgear, and was told that this was a limitation of the current firmware. I have several TP-LINK RE200 AC750 Universal Wireless Dual Band Range Extender (Wall Plug) which replicate the source router completely, albeit at less power output, for a seamless network, I would recommend those. The other problem that I've seen is that DHCP will not work on the 5 GBE ports on the back, I'm not sure why, but connected devices timeout before receiving an IP address; static addresses work fine.

I would rate the extender higher if it would allow both radios to have the same SSID, and had either built-in DHCP or DHCP pass-through.

Returning the EX6200, the lack of dual band concurrency (both radios can't have the same SSID) was too much of a problem with my WiFi cards. Also, I noticed that my other range extenders TP-LINK RE200 AC750 Universal Wireless Dual Band Range Extender (Wall Plug) were dropping out when the EX6200 was turned on. Disappointing...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2014 12:02 PM PST

Bigfoot Networks KillerN-1202 Notebook Wireless Card
Bigfoot Networks KillerN-1202 Notebook Wireless Card
Offered by Computer Upgrade King
Price: $51.40
3 used & new from $45.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great., January 15, 2014
I replaced the Intel WiFi card in both my Dell Latitude, and my Dell XPS 8300 desktop using the KillerN-1202 card. Network speed is dramatically improved.

SainSmart NEO-6M GPS Module Aircraft Flight Controller for Arduino UNO MEGA R3 Mega2560 Duemilanove Nano Robot
Offered by Sain Store
Price: $36.98
2 used & new from $36.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and works well..., January 15, 2014
I've used the SainSmart NEO-6M GPS board on several experiments, the time to lock is quick, even from a cold start. It also worked on a Raspberry PI using the serial interface.

Raspberry Pi GPS using Python
Raspberry Pi GPS using Python
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time..., January 15, 2014
I saw this title and thought, why not... Well, here's why I shouldn't have bothered with this e-book. Essentially this is a collection of 49 screenshots with a few paragraphs of text. The e-book has screenshots of some Python code, MAX4GPS gpsFINAL32.py, however there is no actual code that is selectable, no link to downloadable examples, nor is there any explanation of what the code is trying to accomplish.

Page: 1 | 2