Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for A. M. Steiner > Reviews

Browse

A. M. Steiner's Profile

Customer Reviews: 143

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. M. Steiner RSS Feed (Grabill, IN United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Across The Universe
Across The Universe
DVD
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was looking for, June 12, 2016
This review is from: Across The Universe (Amazon Video)
I didn't care for this movie. It just seemed so thrown together that it was hard to understand. The singing didn't seem to match up with the characters voices. It made me think they inserted other people's voices and sometimes it didn't match up with the mouth movements and then it just didn't fit. Some of it was interesting but not enough for me to ever want to watch it again.
I thought it was going to be more of a movie about the Beetles and what they went through to come together and their relationships. In a nutshell it's about someone's interpretation of how their music affected the anti-war movement, using names coming from the Beetles songs.

The Da Vinci Code
The Da Vinci Code
DVD
Price: $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Dan Brown presents so much as if it's historical fact, yet very little truth or fact exists, creating more enigma, March 10, 2016
This review is from: The Da Vinci Code (Amazon Video)
I've tried to like it but there is so much historical misinformation--presented as if it's real history--instead of just making it fiction. With people believing this as truth, it just creates more issues.

Paint Chips
Paint Chips
Price: $3.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing story!, January 30, 2016
This review is from: Paint Chips (Kindle Edition)
This book was not what I expected. The lives of Cora, her daughter & sister were so intricately woven with such vivid storytelling. Such tragic events that had to take place in all of their lives ... sometimes those tough roads are unavoidable & we have t always remember to hold onto Jesus.

Sex trafficking is such a despicable offense in our society. These poor girls treated like dirt & for what? A few moments of selfish gratification?? Yikes! This needs to stop!

Kudos to the author for giving me a rainbow of emotions from cover to cover!!

INK E-SALE Compatible Brother DR720 Drum Unit for Brother DCP-8110DN/DCP-8150DN/DCP-8155DN, HL-5440D/HL-5450DN/HL-5470DW/HL-5470DWT/HL-6180DWT, Brother MFC-8510DW/MFC-8710DW/MFC-8910DW/MFC-8950DTW/MFC-8950DW Series
Offered by Global Toner
Price: $18.70
3 used & new from $14.76

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend this., December 7, 2015
ORIGINAL:
I very rarely post negative reviews, but I no choice this time. The package is supposed to have two drums and it did. I put the drum in this morning and print is very light gray. I put the old drum back to make sure it wasn't the toner and it printed fine. So I then put in the second drum to see and it printed darker (not as dark as OEM though) but there was a big gash where it wouldn't print about 4" long about every 3" inches along the sheet.
UPDATED:
After talking with Global Toner they sent a replacement, but they didn't send two, only one. I opened the package up this morning and, I'm sorry to say, it was even worse than the first two. You could see many scratches in the drum (see the photo). You can see this is sold as "new" because it still has the black paper between the drum and the roller that has yet to be removed, yet the vertical scratches show it has been well used. I put the drum in just to verify that my presumption was correct and rule out any doubt.
I put 2 30% gray box the length of the sheet on the outside with a 100% black in the center to see the output. Neither did the black come close to 100% but the 30% gray printed closer to 10-15%, but the bigger problem is there are just sections not printing. See the photo of the print.
The price is not worth shipping it back.
My advice to Global Toner is to be honest or you will be out of business quickly.
Comment Comment | Permalink

500 # 10 Natural White Envelopes Smooth Finish - Size 4 1/8 X 9 1/2
500 # 10 Natural White Envelopes Smooth Finish - Size 4 1/8 X 9 1/2
Offered by Big City Bargains (US Merchant)
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Envelopes and fast shipping., May 15, 2015
Very surprised how good these envelopes were. The price was great and delivery was excellent. The envelopes, though looking white in the picture on Amazon are actually natural. These were Mohawk Via Natural Smooth.

Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs
by Walter Isaacson
Price: $20.83
1458 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book but the writer could be better, April 8, 2015
This review is from: Steve Jobs (Hardcover)
I like the book about Steve Jobs. This is considered as the "official biography." The book take a more negative approach to Jobs' attitude when other books have taken a growing approach, which I think is more correct. Either way, I would say both books are great and one is not really better than the other because they go together quite well.
This book talks more about certain sections of his life such as the opening and designing of the stores, while the other book, Becoming Steve Jobs, clear is more personal in every aspect. The author, Brent Schendler, personally knew Jobs for much longer and the writing shows it.
This book, 'Steve Jobs', also has personal aspects and other things are mentioned that are also very good, but there is also mistakes. Walter Isaacson, I gathered from his writing, is not on top of computers and does not have a lot of knowledge. His editors have done a pretty good job of correcting things, but there is still more. If you have read it and are into computers and operating systems, you already know what I'm talking about. If not, here is an example: on Page 380, 2nd paragraph, 6th sentence: "Adobe made matters worse when it also didn't write other popular programs, such as Photoshop, for THE Mac OSX..."
Would anyone write like this if they knew what programming for an OS is? Discrepancies and small errors due to not understanding computer literature litter the book.
It's still a good book with lots of interesting stories about one of this century's larger than life leaders than many people would love to have met and worked with, while others who have worked for him and left believe he was an egotistical protagonist. Still - an enjoyable read.

Connectland CL-ADA31019 Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter
Connectland CL-ADA31019 Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter
Price: $13.48
6 used & new from $4.90

4.0 out of 5 stars One of them at least worked, March 29, 2015
I give this a four star review instead of five stars because one of them did not work correctly. I wish it would've worked but it did not. The other one works just fine so I really can't give an accurate review of all of them or I just got a flawd one.

Becoming Steve Jobs: The Evolution of a Reckless Upstart into a Visionary Leader
by Rick Tetzeli
Price: $19.21
153 used & new from $0.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Puzzle Piece of the Steve Job Portrait., March 24, 2015
You are reading this not because you really care about Apple but because Steve Jobs is such an enigma. His companies are stronger than ever. What should Apple do? "What would I do? I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders." Now Michael Dell is fighting to keep his own fledgling alive and Steve's baby is the one running the world.

We have watched from the sidelines as book after book has come out and everyone is painting a small section of a larger portrait.
If you've read any of the previous biographies, and I'm sure you have, you know there is so much to write and one person is so much more complex than any writer could ever portray them as. It really is amazing how everyone is so different.

This book appears to show Steve as a human and a person who realizes he has faults. "How can this be me?" we've all asked ourselves, including Steve Jobs. What sets him apart from others is the ability to learn from mistakes. Other biographies, such as Walter Isaacson's, doesn't really portray him as a changing individual but more as a person who finally got the upperhand over his 'enemies'. I really don't think that's the main component of Jobs.

His getting the upperhand wasn't to put others in their place, as Isaacson writes, but to deliver perfection. People standing in the way of the product, seen or unseen, would have to be removed. Crass? Sure, but not for the sake of being an ass but for the product and thinking different. Now in Steve's Job's world perfection is never perfect. It can always be improved and should be improved. Apple 3.5 has yet to prove it can deliver without the prior successes of the Steve Job's era. We'll find out.

It's good to see Becoming Steve Job's showing another side to Steve. Steve really was a team player because all players have weaknesses. When you see he can hire someone on the spot because he saw the Dock, it shows it's about the product not that he had the ideas.

Not all businesses will work or should run like Apple or Pixar. Some are more like Pirates and upstarts, setting out to change the world for future generations and others are more traditional. If you are the person who is set to change the world, go for it with everything you have. And while you're at it, continue to examine yourself.

I do like this book but you really need to read this along with Isaccson's book. Both have a much clearer picture when read together.
What I would really love to see is a book on how OSX (NeXT) was such a modular beast, changing architectures quickly from Motorola to Intel and ARM chips with relatively little hiccups. Most people wouldn't have been able to tell if it wasn't for being told by Apple. Even Bill Gates didn't think it was possible yet Jobs and crew pulled it off.

It would have been nice to see more about web objects since NeXT is what our current "web" internet is based on and was the first to have it. This is the reason Steve Jobs was able to sell NeXT to Apple because WebObjects were already be profitable and licensed to other companies. They would have made their money back even if they chose not to use the Unix OS.

Think Different!

Omnigrid 45mm Rotary Cutter
Omnigrid 45mm Rotary Cutter
Price: $14.28
16 used & new from $14.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for signs and vinyl, December 27, 2014
Got it a couple of weeks ago. I had never used a rotary cutter before and I a amazed. It is very solidly built. I was a little concerned with the other review but I don't know why. The blades are very easy to change with a thumb screw nut and it slides right out.
I use it for making signs and vinyl.

Ooma Office Business Phone System VoIP Phone and Device
Ooma Office Business Phone System VoIP Phone and Device
Offered by Hopkinsauctions
Price: $80.00
41 used & new from $44.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Not office ready when numbers can't be transferred. Customer Support is horrible., November 24, 2014
I honestly don't know how the device performs. I think it would be good. The setup was not hard. But I ran into a problem when they could not port my number.

I was promised by the American sales staff the Ooma Office would be perfect because I could transfer my current number. In chat he specifically asked for my number and our phone provider. He came back and stated that number would be no problem and while we were waiting for it transfer to Ooma, we could easily put in a call-forward so we could start using it right away. The front of the box also states as the first bullet point, "Keep Your Phone Number." No asterisk either if it might be questionable.

The only reason I went with Ooma is because my number was guaranteed to transfer. I would never have accepted it if my number wouldn't. It makes no sense anyway because it transferred just fine from my last carrier to Mediacom.

I called them up when the port forwarding said I had to contact customer service. Guess what? Nope it can't. 9 days ago it could by the sales rep, not now according to tech support. What business who has been around for more than a year would want to change it's number? You already have 100's if not 1000's of people who need that number.

The sales staff can speak perfect english yet the support can barely speak at all.
Since I already activated the devices I am told I cannot return them. I told her Ooma has two options, accept the return or transfer the number. Easy peasy, nice and easy for a company. My company does what it needs to to make the customer happy and continue purchasing. Not Ooma.
Her suggestion: "You can give them to a friend for a gift. Sell it online, or since Christmas is coming up, give it as a present." Seriously? I have a box full of brand new Ooma Office equipment and lynxs and I'm supposed to sell it or give it because they can't stand behind their product/service?

I also bought 4 boxes of Panasonic phones to go with it. It was time for an upgrade in our system, but not with Ooma.

Ooma, if you want this review changed, make it right with me and I'll be a loyal customer for years.

I bet the product is great. I just wish I could be using it and not sitting on our desks looking pretty, because that's all they are doing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2014 8:26 AM PST