Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Always Samsung > Reviews

Browse

Always Samsung's Profile

Customer Reviews: 363

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Always Samsung "ravereviews" RSS Feed (New York, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice Ultimate Edition
Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice Ultimate Edition
DVD
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece On So Many Levels, June 25, 2016
A true MASTERPIECE!

This film got trashed by paid critics and it was undeserved. I definitely feel there were some elements added in the film that only a comic book fan, or someone familiar with these super heroes, their cartoons and origins would know. But I didn't feel any of those elements made this film unwatchable or confusing on any level. The film had a nice flow to it and it was pieced together so perfectly. I do wish some of the dialogue scenes were extended and fleshed out more, but it was fine regardless. I watched and yearned for more and honestly did not want this movie to end. I wish the film went on and on. Even if only for another hour. If Justice League started right after this, I would have sat there and watched. The film is that GREAT!

The plot picks up right after Man of Steel (MOS) and Bruce Wayne witnesses the destruction towards the end of MOS and wants Superman put in check before possible destruction happens again. This pits to the 2 heroes against each other while Lex Luthor is scheming away and the film also has time to squeeze Wonder Woman into the storyline without it feeling bloated or overwhelming. The performances are extraordinary in this film and Wonder Woman was a true highlight because this is the first time she's on the big screen and her scenes were so limited that it just made the fans want MORE. Don't miss this and don't let the haters and paid critics persuade you to skip this film. You'd only being doing yourself a disservice by not watching this Zack Snyder masterpiece. I pre-ordered my Blu-ray combo Ultimate edition and can't wait!

X-Men: Apocalypse [Blu-ray]
X-Men: Apocalypse [Blu-ray]
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It Was So Close 2 Being A Masterpiece, May 28, 2016
I saw this Thursday evening and I was very excited and could not wait. I always enjoyed Singer's vision of the X-Men even though he doesn't always have the best character development or the most amazing action scenes compared to other super hero movies. But he always delivers and his spin seems to work for me.

I read all the negative reviews online and saw the horrible rating on Rotten Tomatoes and came to the conclusion that this was another GREAT film with horrible reviews and was given the unnecessary treatment that Batman V Superman received (That film is a masterpiece by the way). Unfortunately, I have to say that I can understand why it did receive bad reviews. This is a GOOD film, but it doesn't topple Days of Future Past (DOFP) and perhaps its because I had high expectations and its Singer or perhaps DOFP was done so well that nothing after it can compare? Who knows for sure.

As noted, I like this film, but it definitely suffered from some pacing issues. I don't have an issue with long films because when its a masterpiece, nobody wants it to truly end. The development in the beginning does take awhile to kick into gear and that's some of the films faults. Finally when it does kick into gear, it isn't as EPIC as it should be. I also had a hard time connecting to Apocalypse because his motives are a bit unclear. Does every villain just want to rule the world? If so, that just isn't enough for his character in this film. Oscar Issac, the actor is amazing and delivers, but aside form the pacing issues and a 3rd arc action scene that was wasted, this is a good film. I think Singer should definitely work on his character development because all the pieces are there, but they get wasted.

For instance, what is Psylocke's purpose in this film? We never know. She is just there and doesn't say much. Jubliee again? Yup, and she does NOTHING yet again. Jennifer Lawrence. Why is she here? She had no emotion in any of her lines. Her delivery was as lifeless as her pose. She showed up for a paycheck. Someone get Rebecca Romijn back please! Quicksilver has an opportunity to deliver a big secret to Magneto and he never does. The end fight scene is not as EPIC as it should have been. Singer definitely needs to work on these issues.

Aside from those negatives, McAvoy and Fassbender always deliver and the new young cast do a superb job. This is a good film, but just not the masterpiece I had hoped for.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2016 12:39 PM PDT

Deadpool [Blu-ray]
Deadpool [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Ryan Reynolds
Offered by Media & Much More LLC
Price: $19.79
45 used & new from $13.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK and I Didn't Get The Hoopla, April 28, 2016
This review is from: Deadpool [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I am a comic book fan, & had zero interest in seeing this. I decided to give it a try because i am open to any comic book that receives a film adaptation. In the last 10 years, super hero movies have come a long way thanks to advancement in special effects. Additionally, directors try their best to put a visionary spin on these films while trying to please everyone in the process. With that being said, this had so much hype and glowing reviews that i thought this would be the sleeper hit of the year for me. I seriously thought it would shock me by being a 'masterpiece'. Deadpool is only OK. I don't think its groundbreaking nor was i amazed to the point where i felt my jaw was about to drop out.

It's a decent, mildly entertaining film, but at the heart of it is a film where Ryan Reynolds is being....well, Ryan Reynolds. His acting range is very limited and he plays the same sarcastic guy in every film. It's hard to see him act normal because he seems hyper active at all times with verbal diarrhea and directors really have to reign him in for him to act normal. Obviously this film was made for him. He's destined to play Deadpool because they both can't stop themselves and feel the need to say crazy comments out in left field endlessly. If you are into raunchy, action films with insane dialogue than this film is right up your alley. I like raunchy, but this just felt OK. I have no interest in re-watching this or buying the blu-ray unless it is in the bargain bin for under 5 bucks.

Films like Batman, Batman Returns, X2,, Man of Steel, and X-Men: Days of Future Past are films i can watch repeatedly. This isn't one of them. That's not to say its a horrible film because it is far from him, but was personally not my cup of tea. Some great aspects of the film were Colossus and Nega Sonic Warhead. If they weren't in this film, i doubt it would have been enjoyable because for Deadpool to carry a solo film is a tough feat. Batman V Superman on the other hand is a true masterpiece!

Batman v Superman Logo Bendable Keychain
Batman v Superman Logo Bendable Keychain
Offered by Shop Casay
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars To Show My BVS Devotion, April 17, 2016
I got this keychain at my local comic book store (yes, they still exist). It was the only BVS keychain they had for five bucks. At first, I thought it was metallic and didn't realize till I opened it at home that it was a rubber type plastic. A foam material if anything. The funny thing is, it says "bendable" on the package. I clearly wasn't paying attention, but it worked out because I wanted it to feel comfortable in my jean pocket. Overall, I like it and got it mainly because the BVS movie has me sooooo pumped. It is an amazing film and everyone should check it out, I even got some DC action figures because of the film. I'll be picking up the metallic one and will probably save it for my messenger bag.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Fifty Shades of Black (Blu-ray + Digital HD)
Fifty Shades of Black (Blu-ray + Digital HD)
DVD ~ Marlon Wayans
Price: $19.96
55 used & new from $4.92

1.0 out of 5 stars Marlon, Thanks For Trying, April 12, 2016
I love comedies and spoofs by the Wayans brothers so this pains me to give this film one star. Honestly, this film is downright painful and the laughs are few and far in between. I think the issue has to do with the fact that the Wayan brothers really shine when they work as an assemble. They don't seem to have success when they work separately. The editing seems off as well because the jokes are poorly timed that it doesn't give the audience an opportunity to react and laugh because of its poor execution. Everything and every scene seemed dragged out and just grasping at the very tips for laughter and it just doesn't succeed here. If you are a eight year old kid and haven't seem many comedies and movies are a new experience since one is so young, this might appeal to you. But for experienced movie goers who have seen everything from A - Z, this just comes off cliched and DONE. Its been seen before. The skits have been done and there's no NEWNESS.

Perhaps maybe actual nudity could have saved this film, but even that is not a guarantee. With such a small budget, i doubt any of the stars are down for showing any skin. At least if there were tons of nudity, audiences can be honest and say that the nudity and sex saved the film, but there is none of that here. I will give Marlon an A for effort though.

Justice League vs Teen Titans (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack)
DVD ~ Various
Price: $16.96
38 used & new from $9.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Dawson's Creek Meets Teen Titans, April 12, 2016
*No spoiler*

The last few DC animated films have been kind of a hit or miss (i.e. Throne of Atlantis and JL War). Thankfully, this film sorta redeems those disappointments and keeps the momentum going with the recently released Batman V Superman film (which is a masterpiece by the way). I wouldn't say this movie is amazing or spectacular, but it is entertaining and it's a must have for any fan of JL and Teen Titans. The film is actually quite enjoyable and has a nice balance of action and comedy - courtesy of TT. Knowing they're young teens, silly immature humor and comments are expected and I feel it works well here to balance the ultra serious JL. They injected just enough humor to keep things flowing properly.

The film starts off action oriented with JL in a fight scene with famous DC villians as the eventual plot slowly unfolds. We even get to see the JL heroes do simple ordinary human things such as laundry (Clark Kent). I actually enjoyed these subtle moments were they were just being normal. The film's premise and plot surrounds Raven and a lot of it addresses her origins which I was unfamiliar with. I found her character and origins to be insightful. Be warned, the majority of the film centers around TT more so than JL and I'm glad because TT never really had their own official animated film, so I'm glad to see them get the spotlight for a change. In my opinion, this TT film is much needed since the Young Justice show never got a much deserved 3rd season.

Overall, the film has a nice flow of action, drama and comedy, and I didn't find it boring since the interactions between the TTs keep things interesting. There's even punk rock and pop music in one of the scenes in the film where the TTs are doing a group activity. There's even Sailor Moon-esque TT transformations. What else could a fan ask for? This is what i mean by an even balance and it really gives this film some character. My only complaint is some of the voice actors. I personally love hearing Kevin Conroy as Batman and the actor who voices him here sorta resembles Kevin, but nothing compares to the original. Rosario Dawson as Wonder Woman is ok, but gawd do I hate the new WW costume which was also in the JL War film. If anything, give her the outfit from the BvS movie. I definitely recommend fans pick this up as it is executed in a way where it's down right entertaining and it's just an explosion of everyone's favorite teen heroes.

Also, there's a teaser or Easter egg during the credits so don't miss that. I have no idea who that is, so if someone can let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2016 11:25 PM PDT

Batman Noir: Hush
Batman Noir: Hush
Price: $25.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Black, White, and Beautiful., April 11, 2016
This review is from: Batman Noir: Hush (Kindle Edition)
Talk about breathtaking art. This is the epitome of it. I have the Hush trade paperbacks in so many formats that i have lost count. From the Absolute edition to the unwrapped and now the NOIR edition, i have to say i always have my breath taken away whenever this collection receives a new iteration even though it isn't a new issue of Hush drawn by Jim Lee. Its interesting to see this story through the black and white lens. I purchased the hardcover edition and the book is quite thick and i love examining each page up close. I won't go into the long explanation of the plot, but i am just happy to have more artwork by Jim Lee in my JL collection. I have been a fan of his since the early 90's and he always delivers even though his art style has changed since his X-Men and Wildcat days.

Pick this up and see the Hush storyline through a fresh new perspective in black and white.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2016 4:39 AM PDT

Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (Blu-ray)
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (Blu-ray)
DVD ~ Various
Price: $17.99
47 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Who Knew JL Could Be Boring, April 8, 2016
I'm giving this DC animated film 4 stars because its the Justice League, but honestly, this is a 3 star film. I was so excited when i found out the new DC film would be about Aquaman. He is one of my favorite characters and i find his whole origin story and Atlantis to be fascinating. I couldn't help myself and i caved in and brought this. I love the JL, but than again who doesn't?

This film is beautiful looking and beautifully drawn. The character design i believe is inspired by Jim Lee's take on JL in the New 52 DC comic rebirth. Yeah, DC keeps relaunching their heroes every few years. Anyways. I love the way each character looks, but with that being said, who knew JL could be boring? This film is pretty much the definition of it. It moves at a slow pace, the dialogue isn't that interesting and it takes awhile before things finally build up and when it does, it ends to quickly. I felt there was so much that they could do and i feel DC shouldn't keep torturing themselves by thinking that a DC animated film can only be 72 mins in length. This is straight to video and they can make it 3 hours for all i care. I'd rather have a 3 hour masterpiece than something that has to be crammed in within a short amount of time.

Buy this if you are a huge JL fan, but others films such as JL Doom and the JL Flashpoint Paradox are way better.

Samsung Gear Circle Bluetooth In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging - Blue
Samsung Gear Circle Bluetooth In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging - Blue
Offered by Battery Assault
Price: $39.99
11 used & new from $29.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Stick With Your Basic Earphones, April 7, 2016
Where do i begin?

The only thing cool about this product is the packaging. These specific earbuds have been a constant problem with Samsung. At least, its a problem for me. Maybe there are fans out there, but i am not one of them. These type of foamy-gummy earbuds have been included with all of Samsung's Galaxy phones for at least the last 3 years (Galaxy S3 - Galaxy S6) and i seriously wish they would ditch this design which they finally did with the release of the Samsung Galaxy 7 line.

These earbuds are cumbersome and feel odd in my ears. I seriously feel like they are going to fall out at any minute. With that being said. its held together by 2 strings attached to a large battery that weighs more than the earbuds and string put together and it feels immensely uncomfortable where the product is being dragged down by the battery and who wants to wear earbuds where that feeling exist? How comfortable is it to wait or sit on a train listening to music when that heavy battery is weighing one down? There is no enjoying music. UGHHH!!!!!!!! I seriously wanted to throw this thing against the wall.

On top of that, it includes 3 plastic casings that range from small to large in size and this is to help consumers when wearing these while working out so the battery isn't hitting ones neck - the plastic holds the batter still. Number one, these plastic casings don't fit anyone except a six year old child. Yeah, its that small! Number two, with that battery weighing one down, does anyone want to actually add a plastic casing and attach it to the battery and make not only listening to music a horrible experience, but also make working out even more tediously uncomfortable than it already is because that is what people really want. A heavy piece of plastic around their neck. Thanks, SAMSUNG!!! A real WINNER!!!!!!!!!! UGHHH!!!!!!!! I would throw this against the wall if i could and than run into the little girls room and just cry. Talk about buyers remorse. Everyone, please steer clear of this utter rubbish of a product.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Price: $16.88
53 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece Soundtrack 4 a Masterpiece Film, April 6, 2016
What else could a masterpiece movie need? Well...the perfect soundtrack to go with it. The film and the soundtrack are two pieces of amazing work that is nothing short of being a masterpiece. I love all the songs on the album, but my personal favorite is the Wonder Woman theme song: Is she with you? OMG that songs beat just gets me soooo pumped and excited. Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL seem like the perfect duo to have orchestrated such a visually stunning score that is totally joy for the ears to hear. Pick this up and definitely check out the movie if you haven't. I've seen the film 4 times already and it only gets better with each viewing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20