Profile for J2000Bigelow > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J2000Bigelow "Jason" RSS Feed (Tulsa, OK USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
MechCom - 3D RTS
MechCom - 3D RTS
Price: $1.00

1.0 out of 5 stars No tutorial that I could find, June 3, 2014
This review is from: MechCom - 3D RTS (App)
I started a couple games, resigned them both within a few minutes each when enemy mechs were flooding in and destroying my base. I hadn't even been able to make a mech of my own. How could my opponent be sending in half a dozen already?!? And I was playing on the EASY setting... At least other RTS games I've played have tutorials. Uninstalled and removing from Cloud.

Reiki Healing - Reiki Massage and Treatment
Reiki Healing - Reiki Massage and Treatment
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't install, May 30, 2014
I tried it twice and both times it came up with a message that said Application not installed instead of the screen that has the Open and the Done buttons.

Polyhedron Runner
Polyhedron Runner

1.0 out of 5 stars No tutorial, glitchy, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Polyhedron Runner (App)
I had to read the reviews to find out how to play this game because there were no instructions. You swype to rotate the shape to find the opening. However, the shape won't stay still once you swype. It keeps rotating whether you swype and hold or swype and release. If the only score I can get is 0, a game isn't any fun at all. Free crApp of the Day today. Uninstall and remove from Cloud...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2014 6:24 PM PDT

LineUp! - Ad Free
LineUp! - Ad Free

2.0 out of 5 stars Buggy, May 6, 2014
This review is from: LineUp! - Ad Free (App)
Incorrectly marks correct moves as incorrect, takes off points from your score for its own error. Uninstalling...maybe the dev will fix it in a future update...

Tap The Frog HD
Tap The Frog HD
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars You shouldn't have to pay more just to get through the first level of a paid app, April 24, 2014
This review is from: Tap The Frog HD (App)
I went through the first level a couple times, got too frustrated with the app to continue. The instructions say to use your finger to pop the frogs, so I did the first time. The second time I used my thumbs and got more frogs popped. But I'd have to practically double my score from using my thumbs to get the 5-star rating on the first level. For that I'd need more time, but I'd have to purchase "clocks" with real money to get the extra time. I disagree on principle with purchasing ANYTHING to get through the first level of a PAID app. A lot of people were talking about handing this to a child in their reviews. There is no way that I'd ever hand a device with this app open on it (or on it period) to a child. This app easily made it onto my "Uninstall and Delete from Cloud" list.

Doom & Destiny
Doom & Destiny
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars 5-star game EXCEPT for one issue, April 23, 2014
This review is from: Doom & Destiny (App)
When using the "Shutdown" option on the main menu, sometimes the data gets corrupted. The highlight on the menus changes to a black block and the backgrounds all turn black. I emailed the developer and they said they were releasing an update to fix it, but even after the update it still shows version 1.6.9.0...
The google play store has version 1.7.0.1 for its current version, so when will we be able to get it here on amazon? I don't want to have to pay for an app on google play that I already got through amazon.

The Bard's Tale
The Bard's Tale
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY large file. But worth it., April 12, 2014
This review is from: The Bard's Tale (App)
Classic console game, now on android.
File size is 1.8GB for standard (download this one unless you have a tablet with a large HD screen that has sufficient free space for the HD version) and 3.6GB for HD.
Hilarious game where you play as "The Bard" (an anti-hero). The Bard can hear the narrator and talks back to the narrator at times. It doesn't force you to progress through the storyline, so you can go back to visit the town of Houton (or other places you might want to revisit) any time you want (at least until you go to the mountain,
that's as far as I've gone in the game).

DragonBox Algebra 5+
DragonBox Algebra 5+
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good app to teach algebra to kids, but a couple problems, April 11, 2014
This review is from: DragonBox Algebra 5+ (App)
Stars are awarded at the end of each of the puzzles (20 per world, 5 worlds in basic and 5 in bonus). These stars aren't used for anything, but completionists (like me) like to get the top score on everything possible
1 star each per puzzle awarded for 3 things:
* The box (box or x) is alone on its side
* Right number of moves
{see issue 1 below, but can be affected by issue 2}
* No extra pieces (pictures, variables, or numbers) are in the equation
{affected by issue 2 in the bonus worlds}

A couple issues that I came across:
1. Controls are a bit "off" at times. When adding a tile, you have to add it in more than one location. When adding it to the additional spot(s) sometimes it makes a bonk noise and counts an extra move. This causes a loss of stars when the puzzles are solved. There are undo move and restart puzzle buttons, but they don't get explained in the tutorial and they don't look the same as buttons with similar functions in other apps I've played. They are in the top right corner and are single-arrow facing left (undo move) and double-arrow facing left (restart puzzle).
2. In the bonus section, you have to simplify addition/subtraction, but only like terms once the multiplication/division is required. If you have 5+3, it must be simplified to 8. If you have 5X3/2X5, you must simplify it to 3/2. But if you have 2/4 or 4/2, you can't simplify it. You can't get (-5)/(-8) to simplify to 5/8 either. I know this app is designed for young kids, but that is a poor excuse for teaching them not to finish their algebra problems.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2014 2:05 AM PDT

Clay Jam
Clay Jam

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't load or exit, April 2, 2014
This review is from: Clay Jam (App)
It kept flickering between a screen that said it was loading and another that seemed to be a menu screen but didn't have any menu options on it. I tried to exit with the back button, but that was futile. Force closed and uninstalled.

Bullseye Premium (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Bullseye Premium (Kindle Tablet Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars Aiming doesn't help, April 1, 2014
You can shoot (at most) halfway across the screen. You can draw the same line to target the same spot and the arrow will go on a different trajectory. Then they have the nerve to rate you on accuracy...? And the "slow" targets on the first level are the speed that I would expect a "normal" speed target to be. If you are playing as "the world's best archer", you need to have better accuracy in the game code when you try to hit the targets.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5