Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for D. Theis > Reviews

Browse

D. Theis' Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Theis RSS Feed (Albuquerque, NM)

Page: 1 | 2
Philips USA PH-62050 CD/MP3/MD-To-Cassette Adapter (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Hashgocha Pratis
Price: $12.85
25 used & new from $1.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Philips Cassette Converter not for me, August 11, 2013
I got the Philips Cassette Converter as a replacement for a similar model which I had been using for over a year to listen to music, Pandora, etc using my iPhone and the stock cassette tape player in my car. The original was also a Philips Cassette Converter and they looked almost the same from the outside. My original converter had just quit working through the left side speakers in my car but up to that point had been great.

The new Philips Cassette Converter however turned out to be a disappointment. Right from the start the sound was not right, the volume was extremely low and the tome was off, missing middle and low frequencies and it seeming to only play the right channel of music through both speakers. I originally thought it might be a problem with the cassette player in the car but it played tapes fine. I got an other brand cassette converter from a local store and it worked great and sounded normal.

The Philips Cassette Converter was cheap enough that I did not feel too bad that it did not work and it did not seem worth sending back but I would recommend against ordering one on-line rather just get one locally that you can easily take back if there is a problem.

KHOMO ® Brown Book Style Leather Case for Apple iPhone 5 / 5s
KHOMO ® Brown Book Style Leather Case for Apple iPhone 5 / 5s

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool 'book' case for an iPhone., April 24, 2013
I like the little book look - it is unique.
It also is quite a tough and resilient little case. I hate to admit I would ever drop my phone but it happens all too often. This case unlike my other hard cases, provides just a little give. It seems to make drops not so harsh an impact. I am very pleased with the protection it offers.
The credit card pockets are nice to have as well and I may have stuffed just a little too much stuff into them and bulked things up, but I have done away with my wallet so I consider it a fair trade off.
I had one of these for over a year and it still worked find but was looking a little worn so I treaded myself to a new one. The first one lasted so long that I am not worried about wear in this one.
It is cool, now don't all you go out and buy them or it will not be unique anymore - just kidding.

Streamlight 88034 ProTac EMS Medical Services Light with Holster, Blue
Streamlight 88034 ProTac EMS Medical Services Light with Holster, Blue
Price: $45.42
28 used & new from $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little light, April 24, 2013
I just love this light. It uses one AA battery, it fits in the palm of my hand, has 3 brightness settings and will last for 36 hours on the lowest setting. It is not as bright as my car headlights but on the brightest setting (still lasts 1 1/2 hours) I can see clearly across any room in my house or across my front yard at night.
this is a nice little light.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A hand full of awesome - unless you are a fly, April 24, 2013
I have this thing about flies in the house and it is starting to warm up again!
Of course I have the usual swatters but this just looked irresistible when I first saw it, and I love it now that I have tried it.
It is not "across the room" magic but I can now get flies that land in impossible to swat locations or on breakable things, where I could not before. I am not good enough to get them as they fly but when they land, they are mine now.
For additional coolness, it just uses table salt and it does not use batteries. This may be over the top for some people, but it is perfect for me.
Hope this helps.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Plastic parts on the SKS, but it works very nicely., April 24, 2013
I may be too picky but my old SKS mag release was always just a pain. I had to think extra hard about manipulating it in ways that nothing else needed. Granted I did not use it very often - only for unloading a partial clip - but it still seemed like a speed bump.
I was not sure what I wold think about a plastic (polymer) replacement for a steal part however it turns out the release is far more ergonomic and it does not feel flimsy or weak like I thought it might. I have gone from fine motor skills required to operate the old release to gross motor skills for this extended release with out sacrificing reliability I think.
I am pleased with this little modification.
I hope this helps.

JSB Diabolo Jumbo Exact Monster .22 Caliber
JSB Diabolo Jumbo Exact Monster .22 Caliber
Price: $15.51
7 used & new from $8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars JSB Diabolo Jumbo Exact Monsters - Really, really look cool, just not in a Benjamin Regal NP (Nitro Piston), April 24, 2013
Wow these things look great and I was thinking that the extra Jumbo Monster weight would really help them not get blown around so much and increase my overall precision - more shots closer to each other.
Unfortunately they did not work as well in the Benjamin Regal NP I have as plain old Crosman 5.5mm HP. I will attribute it to fit in the barrel. I really tried, close to 50 shots each with two different varieties of JSB and the cheap Crosman HPs. My best groups out of 5 sets from each was consistently from the Crosman, and the worst groups were with the Monsters. I'm thinking that if I had a better air rifle, the JSBs would have really done much better, but with a low end plinker, the low end pellets seemed to be the best fit. I'll still have fun with these JSB Monsters, they just do not fly as true for me out of the Benjamin.
Hope this helps someone.

JSB Diabolo EXACT .22 Caliber Air Gun Pellets 250 ct.
JSB Diabolo EXACT .22 Caliber Air Gun Pellets 250 ct.
Price: $15.22
3 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars JSB Diabolo Jumbo EXACTs - Really look cool, just not in a Benjamin Regal NP (Nitro Piston), April 24, 2013
Wow these things look great and I was thinking that the greater weight would help them not get blown around so much and increase my overall precision - more shots closer to each other.
Unfortunately they did not work as well in the Benjamin Regal NP I have as plain old Crosman 5.5mm HP. I will attribute it to fit in the barrel. I really tried, close to 50 shots each with two different varieties of JSB and the cheap Crosman HPs. My best groups out of 5 sets from each was consistently from the Crosman. I'm thinking that if I had a better air rifle, the JSBs would have really done well but with a low end plinker, the low end pellets seemed to be the best fit. I'll still have fun with the JSBs, they just do not fly as true for me out of the Benjamin.
Hope this helps someone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2015 9:50 AM PDT

Raider Black X-Large Leather Motorcycle Riding Gloves
Raider Black X-Large Leather Motorcycle Riding Gloves
Price: $14.51
2 used & new from $14.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Low cost Gloves not a bad deal, October 30, 2012
I did not know what to expect for the price but other reviews were positive so I gave them a try.
I tried one size larger than normal and it was a good choice. I wear a size L and the XL I ordered fits just right.
I am not disappointed, they work well for my short morning commute and have kept my hands nice and warm.
The description says leather but they really are vinyl or naugahyde or some plastic imitation of leather.
If you want a quality pair of durable leather motorcycle gloves, don't expect to find them for $12.63.
If you want something to keep your hands warm that is inexpensive, these are great.
I would get them again. Just don't expect more than you pay for.

Inheritance (UAB) (CD) (The Inheritance Cycle)
Inheritance (UAB) (CD) (The Inheritance Cycle)
by Christopher Paolini
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $39.43
47 used & new from $19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Inheritance: the last book of the cycle, December 15, 2011
At last the conclusion of the Inheritance cycle series.
I did not want it to be over, but I did want to find out what would happen.

This last book was as well written as the first three and continued the story line seamlessly.
The CD audiobook version is again read by Gerard Doyle who has a great accent and does a fantastic job with all the characters.
I was very pleased and my only regret is that I am now done with the series.

If you liked the first three Inheritance cycle books, this last book delivers just as the first three did.
I highly recommend it.

Lomography Diana F plus 35mm Back Door with Four Plastic Frames
Lomography Diana F plus 35mm Back Door with Four Plastic Frames
5 used & new from $44.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 35mm to 120 camera adaptor works great, January 8, 2011
I wanted to run some 35mm film through the Diana as it is cheaper and I like the exposure on the sprocket holes look. It works great.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2013 9:30 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2