Profile for Janice Fryer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Janice Fryer RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Drunk & Crying on Stilts
Drunk & Crying on Stilts
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Drunk and Crying, Indeed!, January 13, 2013
You'll laugh. You'll cry. You can't make this stuff up. It's a wonder we ever come out alive from the craziness that is our families. But we do, as the author shows us in DRUNK AND CRYING ON STILTS. And happily, she ended up with an incredible sense of humor about it all.

Peterson's Holiday Helper: Festive Pick-Me-Ups, Calm-Me-Downs, and Handy Hints to Keep You in Good Spirits
by Valerie Peterson
40 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Peterson's Holiday Helper is the Perfect Hostess Gift!, October 25, 2008
I'm always looking for something different to bring as a hostess gift, and I've found it with Peterson's Holiday Helper! Who doesn't need a little "help" during the harried holiday season? This is for anyone who enjoys seasonal libations: It's filled with all the holiday standards (Tom & Jerry; eggnog; hot toddy) as well as hilarious riffs (Hair of the Pit Bull; Emergency Ginerator). The Green Elf is both festive and delicious, and I'm thinking the Cornucopia Sangria will have to make an appearance at the office holiday potluck this year. There are laugh-out-loud vignettes to go along with each drink recipe, as well as nostalgic holiday photographs and illustrations. It all adds up to an entertaining and funny "Holiday Helper" that will put a smile on anyone's face in more ways than one!

The Sweet Melissa Baking Book: Recipes from the Beloved Bakery for Everyone's Favorite Treats
by Melissa Murphy
Price: $20.56
78 used & new from $2.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Sweeter!, March 16, 2008
I have been a customer of Sweet Melissa Patisserie for years, and am so excited to have Melissa's "secret" recipes in my hands! I made the Fallen Chocolate Souffle Cake (cover photo) for a dinner party last night. It won rave reviews and everyone had seconds! (And was also most excellent for breakfast this morning!)

The recipes are well thought out and easy to follow. The hardest thing about this book is to decide what to make next. I see myself working my way through this book ala Julie and Julia! Next up: Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake with Blackberry Glaze. Yum!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great No-Drip Spout!, August 8, 2006
I was tired of having to put my thumb over the opening to my "fancy" balsamic vinegar so as not to drown my food. This seemed like the perfect solution, and it is! I can deliver just the right amount of vinegar to my food without splashing.