Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Talking Nigro > Reviews

Browse

Talking Nigro's Profile

Customer Reviews: 53

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Talking Nigro "Talking One" RSS Feed (Oss, NL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Screaming For Vengeance
Screaming For Vengeance
Offered by Customer Direct
Price: $9.78
55 used & new from $1.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as I thought, June 14, 2006
This review is from: Screaming For Vengeance (Audio CD)
I bought this album because I saw lots of reviews saying that this was Judas Priest's best work. If that is so, then Judas Priest isn't such a great band at all. This album is good, but it hasn't got anything really really great on it. All the songs rock and sound good, but there is nothing special here. I also have Painkiller and Sin After Sin. Those albums are much better then this one, especially Sin After Sin. Those two albums deserve 5 stars. Some songs on this album are just pop/rock songs. Chains, Pain An Pleasure, You've got another Thing Coming are no metal songs. When I'm buying a Judas Priest album, I expect some metal. These songs I called are really good to listen, but no metal. The bonus track: Prisoner Of Your Eyes is great, a beautiful ballad. The other bonus track: Devil's Child (live), is terrible. Rob Halford is a great singer, but he sings terrible on that song. The studio version of Devil's Child is very good, though.

The reason why (almost) everybody gives this album 5 stars is because all the songs are good, some even great. And that can be a good reason to give this album 5 stars. I also think that all the songs are good, but there just seem to be something missing on this album, I don't listen this album as often as Sin After Sin or Painkiller. I recommend this album, if you just want to have a nice rock album for some easy listening. If you really want to have some quality Judas Priest, then you should pick up Sin After Sin. I hope I helped you with these words...

Painkiller
Painkiller
Price: $6.99
83 used & new from $1.94

5.0 out of 5 stars ALL>>>GUNS>>>ALL GUNS BLAZING!!!, April 16, 2006
This review is from: Painkiller (Audio CD)
This is the first album of Judas Priest I've heard. It is still the only one I own, but not for long. Every song is great here. It surely is a speed metal album. Rob Halford has a great voice, I love it when he sings with a high voice. The guitarists are very good, great catchy riffs and solos. The Drummer is also very good, very fast and heavy. I saw some people say that this album is cheesy, I don't feel the same about that. I like the lyrics, they are cool. The make up a creatures like 'the painkiller', 'nightcrawler' or 'the leather rebel', and they sing about it, why is that a bad thing? Between all those hard rocking fast metal songs you also find 'Touch Of Evil'. That song is slower then the rest, and it is such a fantastic song, Rob Halford sings with so much emotion on it. The way he sings 'You're possessing me' is so fantastic. I can talk about all the songs, but that's useless for you. You must find it out yourself, so buy this album! If you like metal, then you must own Painkiller! Highly Recommended!

Evil Or Divine
Evil Or Divine
Price: $15.76
30 used & new from $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars DIO MEANS GOD ; DIO IS GOD, March 31, 2006
This review is from: Evil Or Divine (Audio CD)
This live album is great. Every song is very well done, except Holy Diver. The guitars and the singing is lower than on the studio version. That doesn't need to be a bad thing, but Ronnie sings on it as if he's tired. He sing great on the rest of the songs. The tracklist is also very good. The next time he does a live cd or DVD, he should not put Holy Diver on it, cause he doesn't sing it so well anymore. Instead of that song he could do Dream Evil, Sacred Heart, All The Fools Sailed Away or something else he doesn't play often. But okay, Holy Diver is the only song I don't like of this album. I do like the studio version very much, just not this live-version.

For the rest Ronnie James Dio is in very good vocal conditioning and the rest of the band is also fantastic. Doug Aldrich is unbelievable good and I don't like it that he's going on with Whitesnake. He should stay at DIO!

If you are a DIO fan you should buy this album, it's really worth your money.

Train of Thought
Train of Thought
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $9.17
148 used & new from $1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Man o man..., March 19, 2006
This review is from: Train of Thought (Audio CD)
This is good, unbelievable good. This is the third album of Dream Theater I own and I love it. Again 5 stars. If you don't like this then I can't understand your taste. This progressive metal is so unbelievable good. The first time I heard the album I didn't like it so very much, but after a listen or two I got into it and I really love this album now! The great instrumental parts are so great. My favorite song is In The Name Of God. The rest is also unbelieveble good. If you are a fool, simple and you like simple music, then this is nothing for you. Dream Theater is for people who can take the time to listen to great music like this. It's time to take the time!!! But dumb people don't want to take the time, they like green day, short songs and easy to play music. If you take guitarlessons for a year, then you can play green day. But that's not it with Dream Theater. Dream Theater really tries to create great music, and they succeed! I have three album of this band, and they are all worth 5 stars. Which album should I buy next? Hm, I think I'll wait with that because DIO is gonna release a new live album and studio album soon. But anyway, buy this album!!!

A Night at the Opera
A Night at the Opera
Offered by MEGA Media
Price: $16.91
110 used & new from $0.97

3.0 out of 5 stars One of the most overrated albums ever! (3.5 stars), February 19, 2006
This review is from: A Night at the Opera (Audio CD)
Queen is a good and talented band, but they are also the most overrated band ever! They had lots of radio hits ofcourse, that is what makes them popular. But I know lots of bands that got less radio play, but better music. On every queen album there are one or two songs that are weak. A Night At The Opera has three songs that are very weak and boring. Those songs are Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon, that song is very dull, Sweet Lady, which is a heavier song, but it's filler. The other bad song is Good Company, that's a stupid and boring song. The good songs of this album are Death On Two Legs, You're My Best Friend, '39, Seaside Rendezous, The Prophet's Song, Love Of My Life(live version is better) and Bohemian Rhapsody. I'm In Love With My Car isn't such a good song either, Roger Tayler is a really bad singer. Bohemian Rhapsody is a very beautiful song, but it's very very very overrated. God Save The Queen is an instrumental song, a good way to close the album. So if you'll skip these three songs then you've got a pretty good album. I wasn't sure if I should give this album 3 stars or 4 stars, because this album is allready to much overrated I gave this album 3 stars. You may disagree, but you can also agree with me. I hope I helped you with my review!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2007 5:40 PM PDT

Awake
Awake
Offered by skyvo-direct-usa
Price: $10.17
179 used & new from $0.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, but why does James destroys his beautiful voice?, February 19, 2006
This review is from: Awake (Audio CD)
This is the second album of Dream Theater I bought. Images And Words was very good, so I wanted more of that great music. So I bought this album. I needed more time to get into this album, but I took the time and now I like every song. James LaBrie sings very different then he did on Images And Words. He screams a lot, and I rather hear him singing the way he did on Images And Words. That is probably one of the reasons that I needed more time to like this album. This album is also much heavier then Images And Words. It doesn't even sounds like Images And Words. The singing may be less good then the singing on Images And Words, but instrumental it's very very good! Great and heavy guitarplay, fantastic drumming, great keyboardplay and the bassist does a very good job too. Only James doesn't play his instrument so well, I rather hear him sing normal, but it isn't awful. You just need to get used to it. You should hear him singing on 'Caught In A Web', the way he sings: 'Try To push me'round... (till) ...Does this voice the wounds of you soul', is really fantastic! There are also some ballads and less heavier songs on this album and James sings normal on those songs.

I don't recommend this album if you are new with Dream Theater, then you should buy Images And Words. After that you should buy this album, and don't throw this album away the first time you've heard it! Give it a chance!

Stranger in Us All
Stranger in Us All
Offered by worldmusic
Price: $53.50
11 used & new from $13.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Stranger in Us All ~ Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow (updated), February 10, 2006
This review is from: Stranger in Us All (Audio CD)
This album isn't so bad, it's kinda good. Especially the guitarplay. The singing isn't so good at all, not real bad, but I can't listen to that man's voice for very long. I think if Joe Lynn Turner(old Rainbow singer) would sing on these songs it would be a lot better, altough, he lost his voice so he can't sing so good anymore. The drumming isn't so spectacular either. The drummer plays very basic and doesn't do so much that impresses me. Now the good side of this album. All the songs are good except for 'Hunting Humans', that song is boring. 'Stand And Fight' and 'Too late For Tears' are two songs that are kinda similar. Those songs are nice to hear, but not really great. All the songs left are great. My favorite song of this album is 'Black Masquerade'. That song was nominated as the best song of the year(1995). Well, it surely is the best song of that year. I can't think of a song of 1995 that is better, can you? Probably not, I think. If you like hardrock then this album is something for you. I hope I helped you with my review...

That was my review on February 10, 2006.
It is April 16 now, and I need to make a change. I said I didn't like the singing of Doogie White, that was true, but not anymore. Now, on April 16 2006, I don't agree with that anymore. I do like the singing. Doogie White is my least favorite vocalists of all Rainbow vocalists, but he doesn't sing bad at all. I still agree with the rest I said on February 10 2006, so I hope this review is now even more helpful then it was before.

Images and Words
Images and Words
Offered by MEGA Media
Price: $11.87
188 used & new from $0.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Images and Words ~ Dream Theater, February 9, 2006
This review is from: Images and Words (Audio CD)
I'm sorry that I've wrote a review without having heard the album enough times. Now I have listened it enough times, so I can write my review about this great album. I've deleted my older review, because I didn't agreed with that review anymore, that is because I didn't listen to that album enough times then(now I did). I just needed to explain that, okay?
Now I'm gonna review this album:
The first times I listened to this album, I didn't liked it so much. When I listened to it more, I became to like it more. I needed some time to get used to the style, because this is progressive metal. The songs are more lengthy then the songs of other music I listen. I first thought that songs like Metropolis Part 1 and Learning To Live were longwinded because of the long instrumental parts. I don't think that anymore, they are my favorite songs of this album now. I just needed to get used to this style of music. Now that I got used to it, I like every song. The musicians play their instruments very well. The singer, James LaBrie, is surely one of the best singers. The guitarist is very very good as well. The keyboardist is very good too, great keyboardsolo's. The drummer and the bassplayer are good as very good.
Let's take a closer look at the songs:
1. Pull Me Under(10/10) - This is such a great song. I really love the part when James LaBrie sings: 'Watch the sparrow falling... (until) ...I'm Not Afraid'. Those two stanza's are so fantastic.
2. Another Day(9/10)
3. Take The Time(10/10)
4. Surrounded(10/10)
5. Metropolis Part 1(10/10)
6. Under A Glass Moon(10/10)
7. Wait For Sleep(7/10) - This song is a bit boring sometimes, but not very bad.
8. Learning To Live(10/10) - This is my favorite song of the album.

As you've seen, the songs are very good. If you like progressive metal, then you should buy this! If you never heard of progressive metal, then try it out, you're gonna like it. Just don't throw it against the wall the first time you've heard it, you need to get used to the style. I hope that my review was helpful to you...

Down To Earth (Remastered)
Down To Earth (Remastered)
Price: $4.99
84 used & new from $3.47

3.0 out of 5 stars Down to Earth ~ Rainbow (3.5 stars), February 8, 2006
After Dio left Rainbow I knew Rainbow's music could not be as good as is was anymore. Graham Bonnet isn't a very bad singer, but he is nothing compared to Ronnie James Dio. It's not only the singing that has declined, but the songwriting isn't as good as it was too. Dio leaves the band, and the quality of the music declines. The lyrics are more simple and the music doesn't has the quality of the Rainbow albums with Dio. Except for Eyes of The World, which is the best song of this album. That song has very good lyrics and it is the same style as the older Rainbow songs, only the singing is different.

The other songs aren't as good as Eyes Of The World. All Night Long, No Time To Lose, Love's No Friend and Danger Zone are other good songs. Makin' Love is kinda boring in my view. Since You Been Gone is a song that was very popular that time, but I never liked it so much, it's an average song in my view. The song Lost In Hollywood is very good, but Rainbow didn't make it so good. The guitar is very soft on the song, I think if the guitar was louder it would have been a very good song.

So that is how I see/hear the album. Not bad, but certainly not great. If you like rock, then this album could be something for you. It is not one of the best rock albums, but certainly not one of the worst! I hope my review was helpful for you...

Difficult To Cure (Remastered)
Difficult To Cure (Remastered)
Price: $4.99
97 used & new from $2.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to Cure ~ Rainbow, February 8, 2006
After Ronnie James Dio left the band, Rainbow started to make more radio-friendly music. When I heard 'Down To Earth' I was very disapointed by Rainbow. The album was so much weaker then the Rainbow albums with Dio. So when this album came out I didn't want to buy it. When I heard that Rainbow had another singer again I was very curious, so I bought the album and I liked it very much. Joe Lynn Turner is a great vocalist, much better then Graham Bonnet.

All the songs are great on this album. It starts off with 'I Surrender', that was a very popular hit and it's a great song. It isn't a rock song, it's a pop song, but that doesn't matter, I also like pop, but when I buy a Rainbow album I expect some rock. Well, the second song (Spotlight Kid) is a great hardrock song! The instrumental part is great! Great guitarsolo and keyboardsolo! The rest of the album is also fantastic. The guitarsolo of 'Midtown Tunnel Vision' is one of the best together with the guitarsolo of 'Spotlight Kid'. The instrumental song 'Difficult To Cure' is a great song to end the album. It is a cover of Beethovens 9th.

So if you like rock music, then you should buy this. It's a great album and surely the best rainbow album with Joe Lynn Turner. Not the best of all Rainbow albums, cause nothing tops the Dio years. So buy this if you like rock! I hope this review was helpful to you...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6