Profile for ReviewerDave > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ReviewerDave RSS Feed (Florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Stay The Night [feat. Hayley Williams Of Paramore]
Stay The Night [feat. Hayley Williams Of Paramore]
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought it..., July 5, 2014
I really like this song. That's why I bought it. Chances are, you like it too (if you are reading this).

iLLumiShield - Apple iPhone 5S Screen Protector & Full Body Skin Front+Back Japanese Ultra Clear HD Film with Anti-Bubble and Anti-Fingerprint - High Quality (Invisible) LCD Shield - Lifetime Replacement Warranty - [3-Pack] OEM / Retail Packaging
Offered by Talkie Tech, Inc.
Price: $13.95
2 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best skin yet!, January 29, 2014
I've purchased multiple clear skins from multiple brands and this is the best one I have ever bought. I bought this for my gold 5s and am was happily surprised with the results. If you get it perfectly centered onto the phone, it is nearly undetectable that the phone has a skin on it. It protects the phone from scuffs and scratches to the back and screen and feels very comfortable to the touch. I can still fit it an external case/battery pack that I use whenever my 5s battery gets low. There are absolutely no bubbles on either side that the skin is applied. And what's nice is that there are no adhesive solvents used. You can pull off the skin at anytime. I will purchase skins from ILLumiShield for all of my future mobile devices from now on. Highly recommended!!

For Apple Iphone 5 4200mah External Rechargeable Spare Backup Extended Battery Charger Pack Case Cover (White)-Compatible with iPhone 5& 5s
Offered by Kinps
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $25.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for my iphone 5s, January 17, 2014
The reason I purchased this was in case I was low on battery power and I didn't have the ability or time to recharge. This fits the bill. I have only had it 1 week and from testing it, I'd say that it'll recharge my 5s 2x before this will need to be recharged. It definitely adds bulk to my phone, but that's expected. Build quality is good (not fantastic) using plastic and a felt that your iPhone slides on when you plop your phone in this case. I wouldn't consider this as 'protection' like a standard iPhone case. If you drop it with your phone connected to it, I'm sure your phone will disconnect and fly right out of it. That said, It's really backup power on the go. It charges up rather slowly IMO. I have only charged it via wall (120v) outlet and that has taken about 4 hrs (guesstimate). The lights are a little distracting (the % lights light up as it's charging or discharging; 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%). Can't plug in my headphones into the iphone's headphone jack b/c the case extends too far down past the connector. When I have my phone charging from this battery, it seems to charge at the same rate as if it's being charged by a wall outlet.
Anyway, for me, it does what I want perfectly. It provides a portable way for me to recharge my iPhone in a case, and at a great price. I think at Verizon, they wanted $99 for a similar case-battery for my phone. Yeah, whatever. Shipping was also quick. All in all, I would definitely recommend this product.

The Singles Collection
The Singles Collection
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like it!, October 12, 2013
This review is from: The Singles Collection (MP3 Music)
The songs are great. That's why I bought it. Chances are, you know most of the songs too if you like Britney Spears' music and you'll give it 5 stars too. However, if you don't like Britney Spears, you probably won't dig this collection, so no need to buy it and then rate it 1 or 2 stars. :-)

LG G2, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless)
LG G2, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless)
Price: $499.99
11 used & new from $215.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was excellent, but more detail was needed..., October 6, 2013
**UPDATE**
November 22, 2013 - When I reviewed this phone in Oct. 2013, I had this phone rated at 5/5 stars. My thoughts have changed. Please read if you're interested in the LG G2.
I wrote my initial review after having the phone for less than 3 weeks. Now I've had it for a little over 2 months, and I have to say, I'm ready to get rid of it. My initial review mostly raved about the cpu speed, camera, battery life, and screen resolution/clarity. Those still hold true. Those are the excellent qualities about this phone. I stand by my initial review when it comes to those pros. But I jumped the gun when I mentioned LGs backside buttons and software. Also, one thing I didn't mention in my initial review was sound (3.5 mm headphone/aux jack) and call quality. So, here is my updated review after owning this phone for just over 3 months.
- The knock-on feature: Great concept, however, it is a pain in the A! Almost everytime I pick it up (off a counter, car seat, desk at work, floor, you name it...) the screen comes on, which tells me it interpreted a knock-on or tap-tap to turn on the phone. I only keep my phone in my hand, or in a pants pocket, and I almost always see it waiting for me to unlock the screen just from picking it up. So I get frustrated and look for a way to calibrate it. No luck. It's either 'On' or 'Off'. Also, when I try to duplicate it on purpose, the screen NEVER turns on! I'm tempted to turn the double-tap gesture off. Also, LG's slide multiple apps to the side (QSlide) to have multitasking available is just clumsy. I found myself using the android multitasking strip instead. It's easier and makes more sense. They also include a note taking app (Richnote - that I could not remove), which if you use evernote or onenote, you'll find useless.
- The buttons on the back: Initially, I really loved this idea b/c with other phones I've had in the past, I would accidentally press the wrong button when changing volume, taking pics, adjusting a setting, etc. b/c the buttons were located on the sides and made it hard to get your fingers in just the right position to do what you wanted. I thought the backside buttons was the answer. Well, on the verizon version of the G2, it's not the answer. I've accidentally turned off/on and increased/decreased volume level so many times b/c it's not easy to distinguish the flush mounted buttons on the back. With the other carriers version, it has the raised centered button to help with that task so I am assuming it's better on their version. On verizon's, I hate it.
- Sound: My previous phone was the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. It had terrible volume from the external speaker. But it was a shortcoming I could live with. The sound that counted to me was the sound from the 3.5mm headphone jack when connected to headphones or aux systems. I consider myself an audiophile and am pretty picky about the quality sound of my music. I own several high end headphones and earbuds. When using the LG G2 to listen to music through the headphone jack, I could never get it to where I was satisfied. I'm still in the stage of trying to use the jetaudio app (pro version) in hopes to correct this. I primarily make the sound comparison to an ipod touch 5th gen with audiotechnica over-the-ear headphones. The ipod touch wins everytime. The sound is just more 'vibrant'. For me, this is a big deal.
Call Quality: TERRIBLE!!! I rarely talk on the phone since I prefer to text. So initially when I wrote my review, I had not used the phone much to actually talk to many ppl. Since then I have used the phone to make calls and it is the worst phone I've ever used (for that purpose). Call quality is barely tolerable. 100% of my calls, I get this annoying 'squelching' or 'alien garbled sound' during the conversation. I have tried different scenarios of me calling their cell phones, LAN lines, from different locations, I call them, they call me; it doesn't matter. I get those annoying 'squelching' noises, no matter what. Could it be my phone? Possibly. But when I googled it, there are plenty of other ppl experiencing the same thing. They take their device in and get it replaced, yet the problem still exists.
The back side: Yes, it still sucks. Easily smudges, scuffs, scratches, and is too slippery. Not too mention, you have to wipe it seconds after cleaning it. I purchased bodygaurdz protectors for mine, which really helped.
So to conclude, this COULD have been a very nice highend phone, however in realworld scenarios, I really do not like it. So much so that I'm ready to get rid of it ASAP. I have had almost all versions of the iPhone, several android devices, but never a Windows 8 phone. I am eyeing the Lumia 929 that's rumored to hit verizon this month. We'll see. I just wish Verizon had someting recent from Sony.

Initial review (Oct. 2013) - This is a very nice phone. The screen is brilliant! Battery life is excellent. I went an entire weekend without charging (light usage (web browsing, listening to music with headphones, texting, and a few searches), screen set to auto brightness with no more than 90%). The phone differs slightly depending on carrier. I have the Verizon version. Cameras are fantastic as well as all of the options to taking pictures. Dual cam pics are pretty cool. LG's software took some getting used to but it works well. CPU speed on this phone is unbelievable. It is so fast! 4g works well. I tested download and upload speeds of 4g in my area and results were 29.45 mbps/download and 6.32 mbps upload. VERY FAST! Voice recognition has worked well when I tested it. Buttons on the back make total sense. It took some getting used to but in the end, I appreciate them on the back vs. on the sides (like all other phones). The back of the phone is very slippery and attracts fingerprints like crazy. I normally don't use phone cases but I may with this phone because it is so slippery. Although the back is plastic, it does not feel cheap. It actually feels premium all around. I still have the unlimited data plan from Verizon, which meant that if I wanted to keep that plan, I had to buy the phone at full price, which was $730. If I wanted to get the phone at subsidized cost, I would have had to switch to one of the limited data plans. $730 is a lot of money to spend on a phone, but I believe it was well worth it! If you buy this phone with a plan, it is a fantastic deal! All in all, this is an awesome phone! In my opinion, it is the best phone available. I would definitely recommend this phone to anyone looking for a large screen (5.2", 1080p), super-fast, quality built phone.

Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12-pair, By Sewell Direct
Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12-pair, By Sewell Direct
Price: $26.95
17 used & new from $23.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal on this set of banana plugs, June 23, 2013
These are great for organizing speaker wire that allow for banana plugs. Great build, includes instructions, and distinguishes between positive and negative plugs. I highly recommend these!

50 BMW Door Panel Clips Retainers 3 , 5 & 7 Series
50 BMW Door Panel Clips Retainers 3 , 5 & 7 Series
Offered by NWClips
Price: $10.99
3 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic deal!!, June 14, 2013
I ordered these for a 2010 bmw 335i. I did a stereo install and had to remove many of the interior panels. During the removal of all the interior panels, I was lucky to only break 2 of the clips. So before I put the car back together, I purchased these panel clips. Considering I only needed 2 clips, I would have paid $6.99 for each one. However, in this deal, you get a total of 50. That's a fantastic deal! I received the clips and reinstalled my panel without any issues. It worked perfectly.

I would def. recommend this purchase! (as long as these are the clips that will fit the original replacements)

September
September
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD!, May 5, 2013
This review is from: September (MP3 Music)
I'm a little late to the CD since it came out in 2008 and it's now 2013. But better late than never. I bought this CD based on other reviews and I was not disappointed. I can listen to this entire CD on shuffle and never hit the skip button once. I will buy her newer CD as well. She has a great voice and it's accompanied by great beats. All the songs are catchy. If you like/love dance tracks with that European flavor, I would highly recommend September.

Mirrors
Mirrors
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Very touching..., April 2, 2013
This review is from: Mirrors (MP3 Music)
Hearing this song the 1st few times, I really liked the vocals, melody,and the track arrangement. I really didn't understand the song though because I didn't know all of the lyrics. The melody gave me the sense that the song was a message to someone special. After reading the lyrics while listening to the song, I was hooked. This is a song about how another person can complete you. It is a creative way of telling someone how much you love them. It did take a little bit of time to get used to the beat-boxing that's blended into the music but it blends in well.

Bionic Men's Full Finger Fitness Gloves, Black, Medium
Bionic Men's Full Finger Fitness Gloves, Black, Medium
Price: $32.27
10 used & new from $24.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, February 23, 2013
I use these during my workouts. I mainly got them to keep my hands from becoming too dry during the colder weather. Since I have been using them, I have avoided callus on both hands as well as chapped hands. These are very comfortable and they have the cushioning in all the right places. I use them 5x a week and the leather and stitching has been holding up perfectly.

I would highly recommend these gloves.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6