Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for PenName > Reviews

Browse

PenName's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PenName RSS Feed

Black Mass
Black Mass
DVD

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality so poor., March 15, 2016
This review is from: Black Mass (Amazon Video)
Was unable to watch. Quality so poor.

Glamorise Complete Comfort Wrap Bra
Glamorise Complete Comfort Wrap Bra
Offered by ShopBrandSlam
Price: $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Post Surgical Bra, December 16, 2012
Was pleasantly surprised by the comfort and all around support of this bra. I wear 36C-D which seems to fall in between sizes. I went with the smaller one (36A,B,C) and it works very well. Too bad they're discontinuing this style.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2013 9:41 AM PDT

Moving Comfort Women's Calypso Sports Bra,Mist,M (34CD-36C)
Moving Comfort Women's Calypso Sports Bra,Mist,M (34CD-36C)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised by how much I love this sports bra!, December 16, 2012
This is definitely my go to sports bra for non-high impact. It's comfortable. It holds the girls in without smushing them into my chest wall, and it's cute! Nailed this on Amazon for $7 one day. I know I got very lucky, but that makes up for the hundreds I spent on sports bras that I never use.

Dance with Julianne: Cardio Ballroom
Dance with Julianne: Cardio Ballroom
DVD ~ Julianne Hough
Offered by out of this world
Price: $7.09
122 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, December 16, 2012
I thought this was kind of lame. A little goofy too. There was really nothing in here that got my heart rate up and really no dance move that I'll use in public. Julianne is adorable, and that's the best thing I can say. It wasn't too bad a mistake since I got it for $4.99, but I doubt I'll ever do this routine again.

Seal Tight ORIGINAL Cast and Bandage Protector, Best Watertight Protection, Pediatric Medium Arm
Price: $21.59
12 used & new from $11.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the water out, but not completely, July 22, 2011
My son broke his arm at the beginning of summer vacation. He got a waterproof cast, but the dr said it had to be double bagged for showering and swimming so water wouldn't get inside. I researched all the cast protectors I could find, and was really put off by the $40 one that you couldn't return if there was a problem with the product. Besides, it didn't have great reviews here on Amazon.

This cast protector is great for showering and light swimming, but in ocean waves or repeated full submersion, the protector got a little damp inside. It wasn't soaked, but it wasn't completely dry either. If this were not a waterproof cast, I think that would have been a problem. The added bonus however, was that it kept sand out of the cast.

It's pretty tight for the first few times and then it loosens a tiny bit after repeated use. That's when it got a little damp inside. If we need another cast protector, I would order this brand/style. It's probably the best, but it's not perfect.

Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
DVD ~ Jillian Michaels
Offered by kylakins
Price: $7.51
136 used & new from $0.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Leaves Me With a Runner's High, April 6, 2011
By far, this is my favorite workout dvd. I just love it and am definitely seeing results. I love the use of plyometrics, and I've found that's exactly what my body needs. I've been maintaining a 50 pound weight loss for a year, but have built my thighs up a little too much. I needed to back off with the weights a little bit on lower body. But I didn't want my legs to go soft again. Enter Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I think it's just what some of us women need to work our legs without getting them too bulky.

There's something about this workout that leaves me feeling almost euphoric afterward. I don't know what it is, but I love it. I've not noticed the music, because I play my own. I can still hear Jillian's cues, but the music is so soft, that I've never heard it over my own. I kind of hope she keeps her dvds that way. If she brought in decent music, the cost of the dvds would probably go up. I'd rather just play my own.

Jillian is a great trainer, but I'm afraid she's misunderstanding her audience a bit. We're not taken in by these catchy titles with bs promises. We're taken in by great workouts. I hope she continues building on what she's great at and not try to reach into other areas where she doesn't excel. I think she got the idea with Ripped in 30 to expand on her success (as well as ours) with 30 Day Shred. Now if she would seriously consider Part 2 for Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones, she would have hard core followers for years to come. You do this well, Jillian. Please keep focusing on these types of workouts.

White Mountain Puzzles Birds of the Backyard - 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
White Mountain Puzzles Birds of the Backyard - 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
Price: $13.85
44 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun But Hard!, March 30, 2011
We bought this for our 11 year old son for Christmas. He adores birds, and he's always loved puzzles. We thought with the white border, it would be a little easier than some. Boy were we wrong! This was quite challenging. All the beaks look alike! And where did that purple feather come from? lol But it really is a beautiful puzzle, and we learned some birds in the process. It took the full 10 days of Christmas vacation, but we finally managed it. I still haven't taken it apart. I really wish we had put it together on a large piece of cardboard or something. I have no idea how I'm going to pick this up intact.

Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack
Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack
DVD ~ Jillian Michaels
Offered by kylakins
Price: $7.18
99 used & new from $2.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Injured!, March 30, 2011
First, before anyone takes offense, I'm a Jillian fan. I absolutely love No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I cannot say enough about those 2 workouts. I wanted a workout that was strictly abs to supplement on the days I do outdoor cardio. I have pretty strong abs and am sick enough to actually like working them. So of course I bought Jillian's ab workout!

Except it's not really an ab workout. Sure there's ab work, but it's pretty fast paced cardio. I didn't need or want that. I wanted to go nuts on my abs a few days a week. I get that you have to do cardio to burn the fat off in order to see the ab muscles, but I take care of that with other work outs.

People have mentioned before that in some of Jillian's workouts, she goes so fast that it's easy to get injured. I consider myself intermediate-just touching into advanced, so I wasn't worried about that. Well, I was wrong (maybe I'm not as close to advanced as I thought). I can handle burpees, but with the fast paced ones, that wierd spider thing, wild warm ups, and all the other oddities in this workout, before I knew it, I had strained a calf muscle. Now that plain hurts! Not to mention, thanks to this unnecessary injury, my cardio and lower body work had to be severely modified for 3 weeks. That meant a half inch gain to my waistline. =-O Fortunately, NMTZ & BFBM took care of that once I was able to really get into it again.

I gave it 3 stars, because I think it could be a good workout if you weren't really doing cardio, or if you just want it as part of a larger rotation. That's not what I was looking for.
Comment Comments (26) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2014 6:42 PM PDT

My Fitness Coach - Nintendo Wii
My Fitness Coach - Nintendo Wii
Offered by jeff6776
Price: $18.00
107 used & new from $1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars After a Full Year of this Program, Here's my Review, February 8, 2011
I wanted to give it plenty of time before reviewing since there are over 500 reviews here pretty much based on just starting out. So here are my thoughts:

First, I'm pretty hard on exercise dvds and gaming programs. I'll give them a few tries, but if they bug me, they're gone. I cannot stand wasting time on something that isn't right.

I've given this program 5 stars, but it's not without problems. I've been using it faithfully for a year (along with other dvds and wii games), and Maya has yet to kick it up enough for me despite my always answering "no sweat." So I kick it up myself. I know you can hit the minus button, but I don't always feel like it.

She sometimes gets repetitive with some of the exercises. Sure leg extentions are nice, but I don't need to do them 80 times in one workout. So after the first set, I substitute with something I learned from another program (like Jillian).

I do not take all those built in rests. Just keep going. Do jumping jacks when she ties her shoe. If she's not working you hard enough, modify it for your needs.

I like to work lower body one day and then upper the next. So even though I like her plies (sp?) with arm curls, I do not do the leg work 2 days in a row. I use her instruction as a base and modify it for my needs. After all this time, she has me working without weights for half the exercises, but little does she know I'm using 10#ers for them.

If you want 30 minutes dedicated to upper body, core or lower body, set up your workout for 45 minutes. At least 5 goes into the warm up, and she tends to use the last 10 minutes for whatever my concentration is suppose to be. I got tired of 10 minutes of cruches every time, so I lied and said my concentration was on flexibility. So there are 10 minutes of excercise that I ignore while I do my own cool down and stretches.

The Physical Challenge that pops up every 10 workouts is annoying. I'm no longer interested in losing weight, and I don't like tracking every inch since it makes me nervous if I've gained a half an inch here or there (usually because I get that dang challenge after I eat breakfast). I just keep hitting skip until the heartrate part and then I pretend to count. I set all my challenge exercises to the max so she would intensify my workouts, but she still doesn't make it tough enough. That's why I add my own.

Overall, it's a fabulous program. It really does change each time you use it (though the upper body workouts seem pretty much the same order to me). I like it much better than any other wii program out there. At this point, I could wing without Maya, but I just like coming to class every other day. =)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2011 1:27 PM PDT

Perfect Abs
Perfect Abs
DVD ~ Meghan White
Offered by Fit Video Wholesalers
Price: $7.99
45 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Yuck, February 26, 2010
This review is from: Perfect Abs (DVD)
I am not a fan of this DVD at all! The music makes you feel like you're about to walk into h#ll, and the instructor sounds like she's been inhaling helium. It's crunch, crunch, crunch with little variation. 8 minutes into it, I literally wanted to throw up, and I never get like that exercising. Someone mentioned her little evil eye when she looks at the camera, and that's exactly what it is!lol I tried this a few times, but it's just not varied enough, and I hate the sick feeling. Just lay down, do 200 crunches and save $14.