Profile for JM Yoda > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JM Yoda RSS Feed (Nebraska, United States)

Nora The Piano Cat™
Nora The Piano Cat™
3 used & new from $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitten on the Keys!, November 23, 2007
This review is from: Nora The Piano Cat™ (DVD)
Nora the Piano Cat is an absolute delight! Cat lovers, musicians, and anyone who just enjoys a good laugh will all love Nora. Had I really looked in to just how short this DVD is (I think the total length is less than 15 minutes) I don't know that I would have paid full price for it, but I have no regrets. I could watch Nora over and over again...even my cat was intrigued! Make no mistake, she is not playing Mozart here, or even chopsticks, but she gets an A for effort and enthusiasm. I think her duets are the best.....I love Nora!

Eureka 5550A Maxima Upright Bagless Vacuum
Eureka 5550A Maxima Upright Bagless Vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars VACTACULAR!!!!!!, November 22, 2004
I've had this vacuum for just over a week and I LOVE it! It arrived very quickly, several days sooner than promised (super saver shipping) and I put it to use immediately. We had just had our carpets cleaned a week earlier, but I was amazed and appalled by all the CRUD that I emptied from this vacuum's dust cup after just one use. I have three indoor cats; the Eureka seemed to pick up extraordinary amounts of hair, and seemed to pick up cat litter very well. My previous machine had problems with this even on low carpet setting. The cord length is great, I love the HEPA filter and the bagless feature, and the weight is ok for me...pushing the vacuum is easy for my mom as well, and she has complained about other vacs we've had; I also found the vac fairly easy to carry upstairs, as it has a good-sized hand-hold. The only problem I've had so far is getting the upholstery brush to stay in it's little cubby hole. The price I paid was a remarkable value. Bottom line: this Eureka bagless is easy to use, leaves the house smelling good, and does a super cleaning job. It's great!

Star Wars Original Trilogy Collection OTC Yoda #02
Star Wars Original Trilogy Collection OTC Yoda #02
Offered by Monkeying Around
Price: $11.99
27 used & new from $2.86

1.0 out of 5 stars "How they get so rich making toys of this kind?", October 9, 2004
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I am a HUGE Yoda fan and I have a collection of many different Yoda figures and other character items, but I couldn't disagree more with the first reviewer: I think this is one of the ugliest Yoda figures I've ever seen! I much prefer the vintage Yoda, and even some of the more recent ESB and AOTC figures to this newest model. The eyes are all wrong, and the color looks "off". He doesn't even look like the photo on the packaging! You want some really cool Yodas? Find the Hallmark ornaments that have come out in the past few years. I will not be purchasing this new action figure.

Connie And Carla (Widescreen Edition)
Connie And Carla (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Nia Vardalos
Offered by Angels Loft Sales Group
Price: $13.99
93 used & new from $0.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, August 14, 2004
You can read a synopsis elsewhere. All I have to say is, my 68-year-old mom and I (I'm 40) laughed our BUTTS off! We saw this in its theatrical release, with a decent crowd, and everyone was laughing hard, and often. Looking forward to the DVD to hear what I might have missed while I was laughing! Highly recommended, great performances and great fun!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars INDIANA JOLIE ROCKS!, June 17, 2001
TOMB RAIDER is not quite the classic action adventure fun movie that RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and LAST CRUSADE were, but it's one heck of a good time! As a woman, I just wanted to see the girl kick some butt, and that she did. Angelina Jolie seems to be having a great time as Lara Croft, and her Lara is smart, sexy (but not overbearingly so), determined, and a force to be dealt with! I've never played the game, but this movie does seem to be very faithful to the game concept. The action is almost non-stop, the location shots are gorgeous, the computer animated sequences are GREAT (I'm assuming the stone monkeys, etc. were CG), and Lara wins in the end (did you really think she wouldn't??!) My 65 year-old mother and I both thought this movie was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to see it again! GO LARA!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, June 16, 2001
I saw ATLANTIS last night, accompanied by my 65 year-old mother, and we both had a great time. No, it's no LION KING or BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, but it's not meant to be either; it's meant to be something different for Disney, and it is. The action scenes are amazing, sometimes evoking for me images from the STAR WARS movies. The dialogue is often sharp, fast and hilarious (maybe a little too fast to follow for younger kids), and lots of our fellow adult audience members were laughing out loud. The voice talent is, as always with Disney, fantastic; Michael J. Fox does a terrific job as Milo, Leonard Nimoy is perfect as the aged Atlantean king, Cree Summer is proud, intelligent and earnest as Princess Kida, and Milo's fellow adventurers are all equally well done. I didn't find the storyline at all difficult to follow, and while the concept of the giant crystal that keeps Atlantis alive is a bit "new-age", I don't think kids will have a problem with it. It's sci-fi, it's fantasy, it's adventure - it's awesome! It's also a whole lot more than what you've seen in the previews and commercials, so go see the movie TODAY! You'll have a great time, and it might just spark your interest in the search for the real (hey, there is intriguing evidence) Atlantis. Adventure lives!