Profile for C. Chung > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Chung "cchung1263" RSS Feed (CA, United States)

Star WarsTM: Galactic Defense

Battleship [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars just bad script and acting, September 25, 2012
Nice graphics but really bad acting and script. Really unbelievable and I love sci-fi so it's really hard for me to be disappointed. Well I was disappointed. I had to remind myself that this was not a b movie, but an expensive Hollywood production that just really stunk!

Magellan RoadMate 5045 5-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, has one annoying feature, July 21, 2010
I purchased this item because I wanted the live traffic and also the step by step directions. The step by step directions is handy in that you can review the turns and directions in order that you can determine howthe GPS is navigating you.

I have been very happy with this product in that it seems to be right on with traffic delays and arrival time. However, there is one major annoying feature that I absolute dislike. The GPS has advertisement that shows up that you cannot get rid of. I guess that's how Magellen pays for the free traffic by selling advertisement. After a while you become use to it, but I rather not have it and I wish there was a way to turn it off.

Another issue that I have experienced is that in areas of tall buildings once in a while, like downtown LA, the GPS seems to get lost due to lost signal.

But in all, I have been very happy with it and it seems very accurate.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2010 12:12 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mochi!, March 17, 2006
If you have the patiences, this mochi maker and cutter is great. To make mochi, you have to let mochi rice soak in water over night and drain water completely. After steaming (about 40 minutes) and pounding which takes about another ten minutes, you have to immediately roll or cut mochi (with rice flour)while it is warm.

Pros: Mochi is great and no strained muscles from hacing to pound it the old fashion way. Also no more store visits to find stale or frozen mochi. Cleaning the mochi maker is simple. The Mochi cutter is better than doing it by hand. Best of all, the freshest and best mochi I ever had.

Cons: Cleaning the mochi cutter is somewhat a pain. When mochi cools down or runs out, it begins to stick to everything, especially the innards. Although I use rice flour to help prevent the mochi from sticking to everything, it eventually will stick when the flour runs out. Soaking the cutter in VERY hot water will loosen up mochi rice to clean, but wear some gloves to prevent burning.

But in all, I'm happy and highly recommend it.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2010 7:48 PM PST

MAGELLAN ROADMATE 800 VEHICLE NAVIGATION E*
MAGELLAN ROADMATE 800 VEHICLE NAVIGATION E*

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, December 27, 2005
Bought this Magallen 800 GPS for my wife. Not knowing much about GPS systems, understand that this review is from a non-technical point of view.

First of all, installation is simple. Attach the cradle and suction cup to the GPS unit, wipe glass and suction cup with rubbing alcohol and install mounting unit on windshield with GPS unit cradle sitting on dash. The lever on suction cup ensures that suction cup gets a strong hold on glass. I was quite surprised how good it sat on the dash and held on to the windshield. I was previously researching buying a different mount (i.e. cup holder, heavy dash mount or permanent mount) thinking that original mount was inadequate, but I changed my mind. I am a little concerned that cradle resting on dash may scratch the dash due to vibrations. I plan on buying some adhesive foam to install on bottom to address my concerns.

Operation: Turned the unit on, went through an orientation (short and a little informative) and starting plugging in addresses in address book. I wish Magellan provide an easy start manual. It may be on the CD, but I wanted to play with the thing, not plop a cd in my computer to read about it! However, the darn unit is easy to use regardless. Whereever we drove, we plugged in the address and WAHLA!!! THIS UNIT IS AWESOME!

4 ways of routing directions, shortest distance, shortest time, more usage of freeways and less usage of freeways. I used "shortest distance" on the way home from my brother's house and the GPS routed the sidestreets the way I normally come home which amazed me. Mapquest would have never found that route or more than less considered it. So I'm sold! The verbal commands as well as on screen directions makes this unit user friendly and a great unit.

other considerations:

1. I think MP3 function is a waste. With IPODS, MP3 players, radio, CDs, using this expensive GPS for music seems to be a waste. If you want an MP3 player, buy an Ipod.

2. It would be great if it came with stylus pen with and place to hold it. My fat fingers push 2 letters at the same time. I've been using an extra stylus pen from my Palm Pilot that works great.

3. I am now paranoid leaving the unit in the cradle when we park the car. Seems like such an invitation to break in so we remove the unit everytime which doesn't take long, but becomes a burden. The price of buying I guess.

Piglet's Big Movie
Piglet's Big Movie
DVD ~ John Fiedler
Offered by Flix4U
Price: $57.49
47 used & new from $1.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Best to the original, May 8, 2004
This review is from: Piglet's Big Movie (DVD)
I beleive this movie is excellent. Animation is impecable and very close to original, voices are very close to original (except for Eyore) and a very good storyline. I beleive that Piglet's Big Movie is better than the Tigger Movie and Spring time with Roo, just because my daughter won't ask to watch the other ones (except of course, Winnie the Pooh).

Finding Nemo (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
Finding Nemo (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
DVD ~ Albert Brooks
Offered by SoughtAfter
Price: $54.95
54 used & new from $2.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost too good, March 7, 2004
Absolutely loved this movie. Unfortunately, my 2 year old also loves it and we watch it about twice a day. After 50 times seeing this movie, I'm surprised I'm not sick of it, but I could easily be persuaded to watch something else. But beware...it starts to come back to your in your sleep, not to mention the ability to recite each scene. One recommendation, BIG Screen TV. Wasn't until I watched it on a Big Screen did I notice the little things that I never saw before in the back ground, such as fish swimming, little crabs and so on.