Profile for Mac44Mag > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mac44Mag RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Hitec RCD 44178 Universal Balancing Adapter
Hitec RCD 44178 Universal Balancing Adapter
Price: $16.56
25 used & new from $14.27

4.0 out of 5 stars works fine (maybe 30 LiPo and LiFe battery packs charged and ..., October 8, 2014
I purchased two of these to use with my HiTec X4 charger; the older model. The board, while pricey, works fine (maybe 30 LiPo and LiFe battery packs charged and balanced). However, there is one major point that can hold you up.

The cable is far from good. In my humble opinion, it's barely adequate. The wires are stiff, and I was afraid that they would eventually break due to bending stress. I solved the problem by gooping (technical term) both plugs where the wire emerges with Liquid Electrical Tape that I purchased here at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FPAN2K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 One problem solved!

The second problem also concerned connecting the cable. If you look at the picture, all of the wires are red with the exception of a single black wire. On my Hitec X4, I connected the black wire to the negative pin of the output plug on the side of the charger. It's DC, black is negative...right? WRONG! The black wire MUST connect to the highest number cell (in my case, "6") of your charger's balance plug! If you don't, at least on the Hitec, you'll get an error that reads, "Voltage connect error..."

Once I flipped it around (The Internet can be a wonderful thing!), it works fine. Perhaps I'm just a bit slow, but that was a new one for me.

Hope this helps!

Leonard

1 Pack + 1 Black of Total 5 Inktoneram® Replacement toner cartridges for Dell 1250c BK/C/M/Y Toner Cartridges replacement for Dell 1250c Combo Pack
Offered by Inktoneram
Price: $35.90
3 used & new from $32.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay Away!, May 7, 2014
None of these cartridges were recognized by my Dell C1765nfw. When I attempted to return them, the company refused to accept them because the return time window had expired. OK, I understand that, in a way, but the cartridges were purchased to have on hand as needed and had never even been opened. The company refused to listen to my complaint.

Amazon, however, cheerfully refunded my purchase price, and I bought a set of EPS Dell Replacement Toner Cartridges 1250C, 1350, Color Set High Yield (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow) which work great!

Mini Wire Bender
Mini Wire Bender
Offered by Trainz
Price: $7.99
13 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, May 7, 2014
This is a replacement for one that was "misplaced" in a move about 5 years ago and is still AWOL. The tool works well, but as others have indicated, must be used a bit carefully with larger gauge tempered wire. Also, it takes a bit of practice before you can hit measured bends on the money. Practice first!

Hitec 31081S HS-81 Sub Micro Servo
Hitec 31081S HS-81 Sub Micro Servo
Price: $14.10
21 used & new from $7.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Produce - Good Service, May 7, 2014
What more can I say? HiTec puts out a good product for the price, and I was satisfied with the service as well.

EZE-LAP 36SF 1 by 4 Super Fine Diamond Pocket Stone with Sheath
EZE-LAP 36SF 1 by 4 Super Fine Diamond Pocket Stone with Sheath
Price: $10.45
2 used & new from $4.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, May 7, 2014
Very handy to have for sharpening small edged tools. Not quite as fine as I wished it was. Should have ordered the Extra Fine.

Excel 100-Piece Double Honed Blade
Excel 100-Piece Double Honed Blade
Price: $22.01
13 used & new from $15.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, May 7, 2014
Good blades, but nothing totally acceptable. They are, however, much better than the last box I had from Tower Hobbies.

EPS Dell Replacement Toner Cartridges 1250C, 1350, Color Set High Yield 4 Pack (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
Offered by Toner 100
Price: $49.97
2 used & new from $47.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Work Perfectly!, April 7, 2014
The EPS cartridges were ordered as replacement for another brand that my printer refused to recognize. I've had the Cyan and Yellow EPS cartridges installed for about two weeks, and they're working perfectly. Packaging was superb and delivery (next day) on time.

Obviously, I as of yet have no basis for comparing how long they'll last.

If they last as long as I expect them too, I'd definitely order them again.

4 Inktoneram® Replacement toner cartridges for Dell 1250c BK/C/M/Y Toner Cartridges replacement for Dell 1250c Combo Pack
Offered by 4benefit
Price: $28.95
5 used & new from $25.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware Intoneram-Kudo's Amazon Customer Service, March 27, 2014
On July 29, 2013, I ordered this set of replacement cartridges from Amazon to have on hand to replace the OEM cartridges that came with my printer, which I LOVE, by the way. The order was fulfilled through Inktoneram. It's 9 months later, well outside the 30 day Amazon return window, and the yellow cartridge needs replacing.

I opened the package yesterday and inserted the cartridge. The cartridge will not work! The printer keeps telling me to: "Replace Yellow cartridge." Yes, I have replaced cartridges on this printer in the past. It's not rocket science. When I shake the cartridge, I can feel and hear the toner inside, and all seems normal. Upon closer inspection, I recalled that there was no small piece of tape over the cartridge toner gate, and upon closer inspection, I found it stuck to the outside of the cartridge box. I then looked at the other three cartridges (cyan, magenta, black), and none of them have tape, so I don't know if it's actually supposed to be there. I don't recall ever replacing a laser toner cartridge that didn't have one, at least not that I recall.

I've emailed Inktoneram, but have not yet received a reply. However, it's well inside of the two business day time frame given on their web site, so the jury's still out on that score.

I contacted Amazon via online chat, and was told that because the order was outside the 30 day return window, I was basically screwed. There was nothing that Amazon could do. OK, color me piqued. Piqued is the word I use when I can't say what I really want to say. Anyway....

There was an email in my inbox this AM inviting me to phone customer service at Amazon if I was still not satisfied with the resolution of the problem. What resolution?? I requested a phone call, and less than 10 seconds later the phone rang. Long story short, because the order was filled by a third party (Inktoneram), Amazon cannot reship the order, but they ARE REFUNDING the purchase price.

Ok, now I'm at least a somewhat mollified camper. Clearly, Amazon did not have to refund the money, but they chose to. I totally appreciate that, and all kudo's to them for doing so. As I said, the jury is still out on Inktoneram, and I will update this review if/when I hear from them.

The upshot is, -1 so far for Inktoneram, and +5 for Amazon customer service.

EDIT: Inktoneram has replied to my request for help. Reply is as follows, in total:
"Hi,

We are sorry but your order is from last year july and has past our 90 days warranty.

Inktoneram"

In the meantime, Amazon has already refunded my cost. Go, Amazon! BOO, Inktoneram! Yes, again, I realize that it's well outside the 90 day warranty period,
but the fact remains that the cartridge was DOA and they refuse to do anything about it. DO NOT ORDER FROM Inktoneram!

EDIT #1 (04/03/2013): A) Amazon has refunded my complete purchase price for these cartridges. YEA, AMAZON!! B) The Cyan cartridge in my printer went out today, so just for kicks, I tried the one from Inktoneram. Yup! Once again, dead on arrival. Don't just run from these. Flee as if your life depended upon it!

TENEX 36" X 48" Planet Saver Chair Mat with Lip for Hard Floors
TENEX 36" X 48" Planet Saver Chair Mat with Lip for Hard Floors
Price: $33.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Money, February 21, 2014
I ordered this to use under a roller desk chair on a hand scraped engineered floor in my office. It's been down a week or so, and here are my observations:

A) Mine arrived folded with a single fold lengthwise down the middle. It was packaged well. The day that UPS delivered it, it was 16 degrees F. outside. I opened the box and let it sit overnight in my office. The next day, my wife and I slowly teased it open with her on one end and me on the other. When we had it open down to within 4" of the fold, we turned it over and pressed SLOWLY down from the top. Result? Mat is open with no splitting. Had we not done it that way, I believe that we might have caused the deadly split so many others have run into.

B) Yes, there is a slight ridge in the middle of the mat along the fold line. It's less than half an inch high at each end, and that's where it's most prevalent. Your experience may vary. When things warm up, my hope is that the ridge will lie down a bit. I don't know if it will ever go completely flat, but I can live with it as it is. If you feel that the small ridge will be a problem in the long run, you might be better off wrestling one of the more expensive mats home from one of the major office supply retailers, if you can find one for a hard floor. Personally, it's not objectionable.

C) Yes, there is a "new plastic" smell that was fairly strong when the box was newly opened, but seems to have dissipated since then. I may just be getting used to it, but it certainly isn't objectionable.

D) Yes, the mat slides very easily across the floor when the chair is empty. Having never used a mat on a hard floor before, only carpet, I can't say if this is normal or not. Given the lack of friction between the flooring and the mat, my sense is that this is just the way it is with mats of this type barring the addition of non-slide floor pads, etc. My fear was that it would move when sitting down or while seated, but it does not. The mat DOES NOT move for me when I'm sitting in my chair.

E) Know what you're buying. This is definitely NOT for carpet. I can easily see how it would slide and crack on a slick, soft surface.

Summary:

Although the use time on this mat is minimal, to this point it has performed very satisfactorily on a hard wood floor. I spend hours every day at my desk, and this mat saves the expensive flooring. There is a ridge, but it's not objectionable as far as I'm concerned. There is no evidence of splitting. Shipping via Amazon Prime was swift and packaging was adequate. I'm not rating it as 5-star because while it does it's job well, it's not exceptional. Yes, I'd recommend it to a friend.

Gavel & Sound Block with Engraving
Gavel & Sound Block with Engraving

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Service!, September 13, 2013
I ordered this gavel on Sept. 10th., late in the afternoon. I had a request for engraving instructions before 5:00 PM. I returned the email with instructions for engraving, and received notification the NEXT DAY that the gavel had been engraved and shipped! You simply can not ask for better service than that!

The gavel itself is a quality product apparently made of solid walnut. It's a bit light, but it is a smaller gavel. The sounding block produces a sharp CRACK! when struck, which is exactly what it's supposed to do.

All kudo's to this merchant. Super service and quality merchandise. I won't forget him.

Page: 1 | 2