Profile for A. DeMarino > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. DeMarino "A. DeMarino" RSS Feed (Pittsburgh)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGH quality Cashmere &( tiny bit of silk) scarf..., February 29, 2012
This is my third scarf from Joolay. My second in the color Grey! This scarf usually retails for $99.00 at Macy's. After Christmas time some off colors get marked down SLIGHTLY.... but never NEVER NEVER can you get a classic, staple shade like this at such a mark down price! UNHEARD OF! (Thank You Amazon/Joolay)

I notice in other reviews, even when the manufacture states the dimensions of the item, customers often complain about sizing issues. In that vain let me tell you the proportions of this scarf are VERY generous! You can wrap this around your neck (loosely )a couple of times with plenty of scarf hanging on both sides. Or you can fold it in half and wear it as a shawl. (It's BIG~ Think Poncho) .

It's very soft, but It's also HIGH QUALITY. This is not going to fall apart on you,( like the cheap 2 ply stuff! ) I have worn this with a black wool pea coat in the winter.... and then I have worn the scarf with a men's white V-neck T-shirt, Jeans & high heal clogs...Even a casual dress w/ winter knee boots. It's very pretty.

I was VERY VERY hard on Scarf #1 wearing it about EVERY day. I made it last almost 1.5 year before it started to peel bad enough that I would not wear it OUT any longer. ( it's now my Pajama Shaw!..Lol.. Hey... it IS cashmere!) I would buy Again at full price. These are worth it. BTW... I clean with linen water and a professional hand held steamer in-between a very few dry cleanings.

Dahlia Women's 100% Merino Wool Pashmina Scarf - Pink Flower River - Gray
Dahlia Women's 100% Merino Wool Pashmina Scarf - Pink Flower River - Gray
Offered by Dahlia Jewels
Price: $54.95

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, December 22, 2011
Pashmina refers to a type of fine cashmere wool and the textiles made from it. The wool comes from changthangi or pashmina goat, which is a special breed of goat indigenous to high altitudes of the Himalayas in Nepal, Pakistan and northern India. Pashmina shawls are hand spun, woven and embroidered in Kashmir, and made from fine cashmere fiber

THIS scarf... although the title description specifically SAYS it is "100% Pashmina/Cashmere" is SO NOT what actually arrived! What arrived is a scarf MADE IN CHINA...100% wool... ( The textile was marked with these indicators)... and then the manufacture TAGED the scarf PASHMINA/CASHMERE! HA HA HA HA.. SERIOUSLY!!!

I could go on and on to telling you how the scarf I received ~ in my opinion~ is just no where near as nice in appearance. I am so embarrassed that I got taken! I usually... NO ..I ALWAYS make better decisions than this! BOO!!!

Maybe if I get the nerve up... or have a few glasses of holiday wine... I'll post a video in the next few days! STAY TUNED!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2012 7:06 PM PST

kate spade new york Canvas Kindle Cover (Fits Kindle Keyboard), jubilee stripe print
2 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not another defective Kindle cover! It's the KINDLE that is defective!!!, March 12, 2011
I too started with the Amazon non-lighted cover that caused the Kindle to Reboot continuously, among other issues. I was given a refund for my cover and a "service credit" to encourage me to purchase the Amazon lighted cover. I choose to purchase this Kate Spade cover instead. The Kate Spade Cover had the same issues. Customer service informed me that any further refunds/services credits could only be applied toward the AMAZON LIGHTED KINDLE COVER! The bottom line is that the defect is with the Kindle, and it grossly unfair to leave unflattering comments for these various manufactures. ( If you skim the boards you will find that basically every Kindle cover that is hinged has these complaints of the device re-booting.) How unfortunate that reputable companies are having their reputations maligned unnecessarily. Amazon knows full well that their PRODUCT is defective, yet they allow and continue to profit from the manufacture of hinged covers.

Who wants to drop $200 bucks & then be told this product is so defective you can only use THIS hinged cover....
WHAT A JOKE!!!! ( The lighted amazon cover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, July 23, 2009
I had the Cole Hann Cover for my Kindle 2 and when I upgraded to the Dx and there was no Cole Hann cover available for the Dx I was soooooo disappointed. I even called Cole Hann & they said they shipped an order to Amazon but ....... I could not wait any longer for it to be " posted"

ANYWAY........ I expected to be disappointed with anything less than my C .H. but this cover was great! It fit my DX perfectly & the leather was so nice! It feels nice, smells nice, looks great ( I got navy blue) which is actually a lighter more vibrate blue. You can make this stand up like an easel and read while you eat...lol very cool. I LOVE IT! A great value.

Marware Sport Grip Deluxe for iPod nano 4G (Green/Green)
Marware Sport Grip Deluxe for iPod nano 4G (Green/Green)
Offered by myGearStore
Price: $7.70
4 used & new from $3.71

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST nano sleeve!, July 23, 2009
I am super picky when it comes to my electronics. This is a very high quality cover ....and in my opinion the BEST nano cover! ( & I think I investigated them ALL.) It gives the Nano a great feel in your hand, very ergonomically correct! All the ports are accessible however, the bottom charger can be cumbersome to plug into. In my opinion it is worth it. when you unplug it from charging, the port is completely protected from dirt and damage. It comes with some nice accessories ... a lanyard and keychain thingy... all pretty nice..... The click wheel is easily manipulated and the screen protector is ok too. I also think it is pretty. I got the green one! : )

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THEM!, July 23, 2009
This is my 2nd pair! Very nice high quality super thick rubber sole. I ordered up a size for comfort.... They last FOREVER!

Cole Haan Hand-Woven Leather Cover for 2nd Generation Kindle,Dark Brown
Cole Haan Hand-Woven Leather Cover for 2nd Generation Kindle,Dark Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME! Worth every penny!, July 23, 2009
Very pretty high quality leather. Nice workmanship. I upgraded my Kindle and regret that I have NO use for this cover now. IT IS GORGEOUS!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2011 6:08 AM PST

The Thirteenth Tale: A Novel
The Thirteenth Tale: A Novel
by Diane Setterfield
Price: $9.28
852 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe I have to finish reading this book..., July 23, 2009
If you like reading books with a zillion old english references that you will have NO CLUE of their meaning..... Then this book is for you. What a weird depressing novel. 10 bucks and a few hours I'll NEVER see again.

OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 3G (Pink)
OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 3G (Pink)
Offered by HiLoPlace
Price: $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Most protective & cute case you can buy!, November 10, 2008
This is the highest quality and most protective phone case I have seen for the iPhone. It completely encases your phone, but has appropriate cutouts at every access point that can be covered when not in use. It does add some overall weight to your phone, but in my opinion it's well worth the protection that you get. Also you should know that Amazon offers this case for $20 less than the OtterBox website!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2009 4:21 PM PDT