Profile for KP > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

KP RSS Feed (Charlottesville, VA, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Roland Chestnut Cream, 2.2-Pounds Pouch
Roland Chestnut Cream, 2.2-Pounds Pouch

4.0 out of 5 stars Will do if nothing else is available - but not close to 'kesten pire', January 29, 2014
I found it to have fairly decent taste when mixed with whipped cream. However, the consistency (more watery) and texture (not nearly as thick) is nowhere close to what is expected of chestnut puree in the Balkans. Might be good for making some cakes or cookies I guess? The consistency and texture get 2/5 and the smell and taste get 4/5 if you can close your eyes while eating it :)

Cisco DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 Cable Modem
Cisco DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 Cable Modem
Offered by NYDataSecurity
Price: $79.99
45 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Comcast, good modem, August 26, 2012
There is one issue with Comcast when using this modem, and that is that they DO NOT have an idea that it actually works in their system.

I spoke with numerous customer service and tech support reps get it to "work" on their end. Of course they were saying - "no, it's not in our system", and "I cannot approve it as dpc3008". However, I hooked it up on my end, opened a browser and went to comcast's activation page, it did self installation and and it works flawlessly now. It's been working with no need of a reset (which happened before to me with Comcast's provided modems) for 2 weeks now. So yeah, go figure.

The bottom line is it works, whatever anyone else tells you. Good product, and it's only a matter of time cable companies put it on their list of approved modems (Note that I got it for 40 bux in like new condition, so I am a happy camper).
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2015 6:35 AM PST

Dr.Meter Light Meter LX1010B with lcd display 50,000 Lux Luxmeter
Dr.Meter Light Meter LX1010B with lcd display 50,000 Lux Luxmeter
Offered by Hisgadget Inc
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of equipment, July 2, 2012
This meter does everything it claims to and a bit more. By the way, I got it cheaper than what they charge now ($12), so I feel even luckier that I got it then! The manual is written well, with all the relevant info and a decent spectral sensitivity graph for those who need one. I was able to measure over 120 kilolux even though its last sensitivity level goes to 50 kilolux (not sure how much I would trust my measurement, but dimming the light source I used dimmed the measurements very smoothly and linearly as expected). This is a great little tool to have for small lighting projects, I just wish the acceptance window was a little smaller to allow for more precise measurement, but for ~15$ I really cannot complain. Thumbs up!

IMS Pet Bull Sticks Sticker, Small
IMS Pet Bull Sticks Sticker, Small
Price: $22.60
20 used & new from $22.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, will buy again, January 18, 2012
I'm always on the lookout for treats for my two 4 yr old shihtzus. Bull sticks have always been one of their favorites, but they are just always so expensive in pet stores (2-3$ for a small one)! I figured I will give the online ones a try. This package does the trick for the pups and my budget too. The size varies, anywhere from tiny ones from ~ 1 cm to 2-3 cm in diameter (see the image I upoloaded). The length is about ~15 cm for all of them. I immediately gave the biggest one in the pack to my housemate's Huskey, and he went don to business. He loved it and it lasted him on and off good part of the evening (~2 hours). The shihtzus got the smaller ones of course. The male (big chewer) finished his in about 20 minutes at most. He absolutely loved it. The girl (much weaker teeth) didn't get even 1/3rd through wit hers before getting tired and leaving it (the male pup finished hers too later that evening). The smell of these is not amazing if you bring them up close, but nothing out of ordinary. My batch was made in Brazil if I recall correctly. These will last for a while and they are definitely worth the money. Highly recommended!
Comment Comment | Permalink

3 Pack of Premium Crystal Clear Screen Protectors for Blackberry Bold 9700 [EMPIRE Packaging]
Offered by Bastexwireless - Authorized ZeroLemon Retailer
Price: $5.68
3 used & new from $5.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so great, October 19, 2011
As many others on the site, I had issues with getting the bubbles out. It was almost impossible to get them all out, this thing collects dust even seemingly before opening it. It comes with a small cloth for cleaning the screen before you place them on, but it didn't help much, I still had specs below it. One of them was also a little too big so I had to cut it. Might purchase again if the price goes down otherwise will look elsewhere. For now I just live with bunch of specs on my screen when it's in sleep mode, kind of annoying, but at least I think it protects it a bit...

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good umbrella, October 19, 2011
I needed to offset the past bad review with my experience. Since this product delivery is now fulfilled by Amazon, you should not expect delays in delivery, and I received mine in 2 days with prime. So from that standpoint, no issues any more.

As for the actual performance of it, it doesn't look amazing on the first look, there was a tiny pinched hole in the cloth but I don't think it's big enough so it will leak. I am still to take it out, it hasn't rained since I received it. Overall, I think it's a great buy for the price, it's very large and covers definitely more than 1-2 people. I kind of wish the handle was twisted, but oh well. If it performs well in the wind, I might give it even 5 stars as to price/performance merit.

Update: took it out in a rain the other day, was more than good for two people, loved how it felt. very happy with this purchase! It can however be a drag if you are going through smaller spaces/walkways, it got caught on lamp posts etc...

InterDesign Botanical Shower Curtain, 72 x 72-Inch, Vivo, Blue/Green
InterDesign Botanical Shower Curtain, 72 x 72-Inch, Vivo, Blue/Green
Offered by MMP Living
Price: $11.52
8 used & new from $11.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, September 27, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised how nice design looks in the bathroom, fits very well with the regular off white/cream color used in many bathrooms I've seen. The material feels nice to touch, not flimsy or cheap. The optional weights would be nice, but for this price and free shipping it definitely deserves 5 stars. Highly recommended.

Vitalife Duck & Sweet Potato Twists 5.7oz
Vitalife Duck & Sweet Potato Twists 5.7oz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bang for the buck, June 20, 2011
Great product, my dogs (15lbs shih tzus) went crazy for them, and it was acceptable even for the girl who usually is not a big chewer since her teeth are smaller. They lasted perhaps a minute or so, and the dogs loved the taste and the smell. It helps that they are not chicken too since the boy has food allergies. These are definitely their new favorite, and for this price I will be buying a full case every few months for sure!!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - PC
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - PC
Offered by GBA Global
Price: $12.37
75 used & new from $3.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Best one in the COD series so far, March 23, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My personal opinion is that this game beats Black Ops easily in terms of quality of the game itself, sounds, graphics, the whole kaboom that really matters when you talk about the game itself.

The only con compared to Black Ops is the fact it has no dedicated servers, which then brings us to topics like hackers/connection issues/lag etc etc.

But in terms of the game quality, 5 stars. I must note that I have never been very big into the FPS games, but after watching others play for months and playing on their computers, this is the first game I've actually purchased fully and shelled 50+ bux for and the DLCs. COMPLETELY worth it imo.

And I'm certainly looking forward very much to MW3

Seirus Innovation Hyperlite All Weather Glove, Black, Large
Seirus Innovation Hyperlite All Weather Glove, Black, Large
Offered by 123CloseOut
Price: $13.99
7 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for bike commuting, February 11, 2011
I've owned these for a few weeks and wear them at least 2-3 times a week for bike commuting to work. The bike ride is only 15-20 minutes each way but these keep my hands warm enough, MUCH improved over no gloves scenario (I'm under 30, so no issues with bad circulation). I've biked in 25-40 degree weather so far with no issues, they are perfect for the job. I am looking forward to taking them skiing also, I'm pretty sure they would do the job for light skiing. I obviously can't vouch for durability yet, but they seem pretty sturdy and well made. I am also having no problems typing on my Blackberry with them on and answering short txt messages. All in all, a great pair of gloves, I would definitely reccommend.

Page: 1 | 2