Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for just kath > Reviews

Browse

just kath's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1233

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

just kath "May the stars light your path..." RSS Feed (SWPA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cat's Pride C47820 Fresh and Light Ultimate Care Lightweight Scented Multi-Cat Litter Jug (2 Pack), 10 lb
Price: $26.99
2 used & new from $26.99

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars, July 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I knew when I took Cat's Pride Fresh and Light Ultimate Care Scented Multi-Cat Litter that it was scented. Since my preferred brand of litter doubled in cost for absolutely no reason, I decided to take the opportunity to try this. Now, typically I mix 2-3 different kinds of litter. This keeps my cats from being finicky about using the box if a particular litter is not available. It turns out that is a good thing, since I am not going to pay $2 a pound for litter. Anyway, I added this to the mix, and that tones down the scent considerably. As for absorbency and good solid clumping, I give this 3 stars. Mixing it in with other litter helps with that, too.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2016 8:36 AM PDT

DII Bone Dry, Non-Slip, 100% Natural & Recycled Rubber Good Dog, Paw Print, Pet Placemat, 10 x 16"
Price: $13.64
2 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the floor clean., July 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The DII Bone Dry, Non-Slip, 100% Natural & Recycled Rubber Good Dog, Paw Print, Pet Placemat is well designed for the job. The lip is deep enough to stop a small spill, if you use it for placing a water bowl. In my case, two of my cats that pull canned food out of their dishes, and so I am always wiping up the floor. When they confronted me about the fact that it says good dog, I negotiated a 2x weekly people tuna treaty, so all is well.
This isn't pretty, but it's sturdy and does what its designed to do.

My dog is quite generous and way too large for this to be a useful item for her raised bowls, even though she is pretty messy herself. Every little bit helps though, .

butter LONDON Plush Rush Lipstick, Lucky
butter LONDON Plush Rush Lipstick, Lucky
Price: $22.00
3 used & new from $22.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It works for me ~, July 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't often wear lipstick, but I haven't had a new one in so long, I thought I would like to try this one. It is one of the shades I like. butter LONDON Plush Rush Lipstick, Lucky from butter LONDON goes on smoothly and stays looking fresh. I wore it for a long day out at a picnic, and out for brunch with a friend. Both days it was hot, both days I was outdoors for hours. Both days I also used, as I typically do, I dabbed a couple of spots on my cheeks and smoothed it in to give my cheeks some color. I prefer that to powdered blush, because I have dry skin. That worked quite well, too. The color stayed on lips and cheeks and I am very pleased with this beauty product.

Ruby (Oprah's Book Club 2.0)
Ruby (Oprah's Book Club 2.0)
by Cynthia Bond
Price: $10.73
231 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Dark, but beautiful., July 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ruby by Cynthia Bond is a book that's hard to describe. So much heartbreak and misery, balanced by a love that is almost heroic in its tenacity. And there is friendship, beautiful, devoted and broken. This is a story about family tragedy and smatterings of hope. It seems that most of the promise, most of the hope, is centered around Ephram Jennings. But most of the sadness hangs over him like a cloud. His love for Ruby puts him into some precarious situations, but his is a man who waited long for the woman he wanted. He has endured so much. Will he have enough left to stay with her?

Evenflo Clifton High Chair, Sky Blue
Evenflo Clifton High Chair, Sky Blue
Price: $59.99
4 used & new from $49.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Moderate quality, July 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Evenflo Clifton High Chair has a decent amount of weight to it. I does fold to a fairly compact bundle that fits next to one of my cupboards. I don't think I would want this to be the only high chair for baby, when it is going to be used on a daily basis, though. Even though this is every bit as good as the high chairs that were popular when my grown kids were babies, these days there are much higher standards.

In my opinion, this is perfect for grandma's house, or to tuck into the trunk for travel or visiting. The seat cover is soft and can be wiped clean. The harness is a nice width, padded, and seems like it would be comfortable as well as strong. This is meant for babies that are beyond the infant stage, which is fine with me. The back is adjustable but does not recline enough to feed an infant. Fair enough, I think infants are best fed in mom's arms, but again, I am old fashioned and that's how mine were fed. I think it will stand up to an exuberant little one just fine.

Bright Starts, Rock and Swing 2-in-1 Jungle Stream, Grey
Bright Starts, Rock and Swing 2-in-1 Jungle Stream, Grey
Price: $99.84
10 used & new from $99.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Progress can be good!, July 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I absolutely love the Bright Starts, Rock and Swing 2-in-1 Jungle Stream, Grey from Ingenuity. I am a first time grandma, who hasn't had anything for a baby in the house for decades. Looking back at the swing I used, I would never put my grandchild in that rickety thing. The same goes for the lightweight plastic baby seat. They were terrible, and compared to todays standards, far from safe.

This thing has some weight to it. I don't think it would be tippy under any circumstances. At least none created by a small baby. This swing has multiple times settings and speeds. IT works by battery or AC plug. The weight of it gives me confidence that it will be safe. The swing converts fairly easily into a seat. A nice, sturdy, colorful seat that rocks.

It was unboxed and assembled in about half an hour. The seat itself is so nice and soft. The five point safety harness is made with a wide, soft, comfy looking front piece, so baby can be comfortable as well as secure. There is also a colorful mobile that can be attached if you choose, to give baby something bright to look at.

I was going to give this 4 stars, just because it hasn't proven its durability to me. I like it so much, I decided to go with 5 stars and come back and update if it fails in some way.

bliss Get Set & Go Makeup Setting Spray, 2.3 oz.
bliss Get Set & Go Makeup Setting Spray, 2.3 oz.
Price: $24.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Butane? Yes, and other interesting things., July 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really need to start checking product ingredients before I commit to reviewing the item. bliss Get Set & Go Makeup Setting Spray lists the following: Denatured alcohol comes first, Dimethyl ether is next, which may the the propellent. The third ingredient is Butane. IF that isn't enough to stop you, the rest of the list contains Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Isopentyldiol, Isododecane, Hexylene Glycol, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, PEG-9 Dimethicone/PEG-9 Olive Phosphate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

I first sprayed the Get Set & Go Makeup Setting Spray on my hand, to make sure it wasn't going to irritate my skin. I then planned to dab a bit on a spot on my face, before spraying on a face full. The smell of alcohol was so strong, I read the list of ingredients. If having alcohol as a first ingredient isn't enough, the Butane certainly was.

I do set my makeup, because I have dry skin, and I find that a quick spray makes my makeup look more natural, less dry and made up. I use a spray I make out of filtered water and essential oil. That is what I will continue to use. That works great for me. Testing the bliss was a whim, as I have found some great beauty products and make up here at Amazon. I just can't imagine spraying this on my face, even once, never mind on a frequent basis.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2016 4:54 PM PDT

Happy Belly Fancy Whole Cashews, 16 oz, Pack of 2
Happy Belly Fancy Whole Cashews, 16 oz, Pack of 2
Price: $15.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be saltier., July 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One bag of the Happy Belly Fancy Whole Cashews is gone, so I can say with authority that my husband thinks they are very good. They are whole cashews, I haven't come across any broken ones, and they seem to be very fresh. For my taste, they could be a little saltier. Cashews are my favorite nuts, I typically buy cashews at Costco, and they are nice and salty. I like them better for that reason.

So, I split the difference and gave them 4 stars.

The Unintentional Medium
The Unintentional Medium
by Suzi Samuel
Price: $15.76
35 used & new from $10.26

2.0 out of 5 stars Somewhere in here are a few mentions of mediumship, but..., July 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had high hopes for The Unintentional Medium by Suzi Samuel, as mediumship is a subject of great interest to me. Hope waned however, as I made my way through chapter after chapter. There was far more about the life of privilege that Suzi enjoys than there is about mediumship. There are randdom mentions of spirits or "ghosties" here and there in the narrative, but I believe the book might have been better titled My Travels Abroad and the Various Ways I Have Spent my Money.

Apparently Suzi's grandmother has chosen to be her spirit guide and helps her to meet men, find parking spaces and helps when Suzi is doing readings and becomes stuck. There is a charming story of a Brigadoon like adventure in a hotel, and many mentions of friends. Many friends, many drinks parties and and so on.

At least she is honest to say that even though her first husband left her with plenty of money, she would certainly not want to find that his death had been a mere rumor, and she had no interest in seeing him again. The book is written in somewhat random order. The beginning of each new chapter suddenly takes us reeling into the past to explain something about how this particular incident came about. If this were a conversation on the front porch on a summer evening, it would be fine. But I expect more from a book than this one gave me. Suzi does have a sense of humor and a fair amount of wit. She is almost certainly someone who cares nothing about political correctness, and it was her continued use of the words Red Indian that finally stopped me dead in my tracks after shaking my head through more than 170 pages. She shows a lack of respect that am not willing to be part of.

Amopé Pedi Perfect Foot File - Electronic Pedicure Tool - Regular Coarse, Blue (Also Available in Pink Extra Coarse)
Price: $35.99
16 used & new from $35.97

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this a lot!, July 10, 2016
The Amopé Pedi Perfect Foot File is almost perfect. What does it need to attain perfection? A rechargeable battery. When an item like this requires batteries, you only get the full benefit when the batteries are nice and fresh. If it had a rechargeable battery the power would be more dependable. Having said that, this is still a really good item. I have dry skin and have to spend a fair amount of time on skin care. My feet, especially during the summer, when I a shoes optional, take a beating. The PROFOOT Pedi-Rock Flexible Callus Foot File was my previous favorite, and I still use it today. It's amazing what a few swipes a day will do when it comes to keeping my feet soft. Sadly, they no longer make them. Once a week, I like to do some serious foot care, and the Amopé does a great job for me. My feet have been carrying me around for over 60 years, but thanks to Amopé, they have never looked better. I have my grand dogs to thank, they sent me a gift card for my birthday. Thanks Steve and Sloany!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2016 12:39 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20