Profile for skeptos > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

skeptos RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket for 32-65" TVs (Many from 20-75") including LED, LCD and Plasma Flat Screens up to VESA 600 x 400 and 165lbs with Flush 1.5" Profile. Includes a Twisted Veins 10' Braided HDMI Cable and 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level
Offered by Zenith Import
Price: $27.69
8 used & new from $23.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product & support, October 11, 2014
It looked to be of decent quality, but I wasn't even able to put it together to try because the box had 2 missing pieces. I'll update my review after a get a new one.

UPDATE 10/24/14

After returning my first mount because of missing parts I was contacted by the company about the return within one business day. The person I spoke with was extremely helpful, got everything sorted out for me, and wanted to follow up with me when the new mount came in. You just don't see that level of customer service anymore and it was greatly appreciated.

The mount itself is really great. It seems a bit flimsy at first, but is rock solid once it's anchored to the wall. Like others have said, installation can be a bit tricky and definitely requires two people, but my wife and I got everything set up without too much fuss. The only thing I don't like is that the securing screw that's supposed to screw into the wall bracket doesn't fit in the proper place if you have the mount tilted at too high an angle. I'm sure there's a way around it, but it didn't seem like it will negatively affect anything. Overall I'm very satisfied with the mount and would recommend it.

Kidz Gear Wired Headphones For Kids - Blue
Kidz Gear Wired Headphones For Kids - Blue
Offered by FamilySafe
Price: $19.99
7 used & new from $15.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice headphones, but parts break easily, June 19, 2014
I ordered these for my daughter and we were all really impressed with them after initial use. I tested them (one of the things I really like is how many head sizes it can accommodate) and they did work just as they were advertised and limited the volume quite nicely. What I really dislike though is the little volume limiting cable that is included. This is the part that actually limits the volume, not the headphones themselves. Unfortunately this part is pretty fragile. Part of it broke off inside my iPad and of course didn't work afterward. Instead of buying a new volume control cable I think I might just superglue the volume control knob on the headphones to a lower setting.

100 Wilkinson Sword Classic Double Edge Safety Razor Blades - Made in Germany
100 Wilkinson Sword Classic Double Edge Safety Razor Blades - Made in Germany
Offered by Buy-Me-Now
Price: $18.44
18 used & new from $18.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality blades, May 31, 2014
I've been using Wilkinson blades for years now and love them. They're sharp enough to cut my beard in one pass, but not too sharp that I can't go against the grain when I need to.

Coloud 4090645 Pop In-Ear Headphone, Black/Red
Coloud 4090645 Pop In-Ear Headphone, Black/Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable, won't stay in your ear, May 31, 2014
I bought a pair of these to keep in my travel bag for when I forget to bring my good headphones. It's a good thing I don't use them on a regular basis, because they're a pretty awful product. For starters the earbuds are extremely uncomfortable. Like other sets like this the Colouds come with 3 different size earbuds. I tried all three and all three are equally uncomfortable. However, most of the time they won't even stay in my ear. Even while staying almost completely still they somehow manage to wriggle themselves out. Movement only makes it worse. Don't waste your money on these, find something else.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2014 10:17 AM PST

Yasutomo Niji Woodcarving Set set of 12
Yasutomo Niji Woodcarving Set set of 12
Offered by BestSource OfficeSupplies
Price: $12.36
14 used & new from $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Pay for what you get, May 31, 2014
I bought 3 of these sets for my advanced middle school art students to make prints. At least 1 blade in each pack was dull on arrival. The sharpening stone included is useless. The blades that are actually sharp do a good enough job, but the same results can be had with regular old linocutters from other companies.

Alan Wake Collector's Bundle [Download]
Alan Wake Collector's Bundle [Download]
Price: $34.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Just couldn't get into it, June 26, 2012
I realize I should have read more reviews before buying it, but I found it for half the current cost and wanted to give it a try. The controls were really awkward and I found it difficult to get used to. The game will only let you see Alan from behind from either the right or left hand side of him. This made for a pretty steep learning curve if you're used to being able to have a bit more control of camera angles. The game is definitely creepy at first, but the thrills wear thin pretty fast. I also thought I would have enjoyed this type of heavily story-driven game much more than I actually did. The cut scenes are tedious, but of course are necessary for the story to continue. I just found them to be way too often and way too drawn out. The whole thing got to be way too repetitive for me after only an hour or so of play: a bit of (the same repetitive) action, a bit of narrative, action, narrative, etc. If you're into games whose entertainment value lies in the use of story telling you might like this. As for me I wish I'd have skipped it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2014 8:32 AM PDT

Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker, 34-Ounce, Black
Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker, 34-Ounce, Black
Price: $18.90
26 used & new from $18.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great press, June 26, 2012
I've been using this press several times per week for about 9 months now and it's held up perfectly. The press is easy to use and clean. Couldn't be happier.

Uncle Chestnut's Table Gype
Uncle Chestnut's Table Gype

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, May 2, 2012
This review is from: Uncle Chestnut's Table Gype (Toy)
This is a great little game to break out if you're looking for something quick and fun to play. The game reminds me of a combination of chess and Chinese checkers. When only two people are playing the game can be completed in as little as 10 minutes. When 3 or more players are participating though is when the game gets really fun.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent knife, excellent value, May 2, 2012
I picked up this knife on Woot for $13 which is pretty close to what I've seen it sell for on Amazon and other "overstock" sites. For that price I can't not love this knife. Yes, it is one of Kershaw's made in China models, but the knife is solid. The blade came near razor sharp out of the box and there is no play in the blade at all. This is my first flipper-open knife and I was convinced that I wouldn't like it at all after only ever using thumb-opening knives. Boy was I wrong. Kershaw's flipper-open blade is super quick and extremely easy to open, I actually like it much more than the spring-assist open on my SOG Aegis. I've been carrying this knife on my for the past week and I really like it. It is a bit heavier than my SOG, but I don't really notice it. The only complaint I have is the nylon coated handle could be a little more grippy, I find that it's uniform texture is a little slippery in my hands. Over all though I'm extremely pleased.

Kershaw 1770 OD-2 Knife
Kershaw 1770 OD-2 Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Great small EDC blade, April 26, 2012
This review is from: Kershaw 1770 OD-2 Knife (Sports)
I bought this little knife for my wife to carry in her purse, but I've used it a few times myself. Even though it's one of Kershaw's cheaper Chinese-made knives, it's still a great little knife for your EDC. It was almost razor sharp right out of the box and the assisted opening is quick and very easy to use. I was also impressed that there was no play in the blade at all. We were both very impressed with this knife and Amazon's price is hard to beat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3