Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 76

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Connecticut, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Big Agnes Coulton Creek - 4 Person Tent
Big Agnes Coulton Creek - 4 Person Tent

5.0 out of 5 stars Darn Good Basic Family Tent, May 23, 2012
I purchased my Big Agnes Coulton Creek for aboyt $165 from HumbleOutdoors, it came with a free BA footprint.

My Big Agnes Coulton Creek 4P tent is a three season, free standing tent, great my young family's car camping outings. My wife likes to be able to stand and dress in the tent (I hit my head). It's traditional shape makes set up a snap. This tent has quality consistent with other Big Agnes products, at a very affordable price.

Big Agnes Copper Spur UL 1 Person Ultralight Backpacking Tent
Big Agnes Copper Spur UL 1 Person Ultralight Backpacking Tent

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I did not skimp, May 23, 2012
I purchased my Big Agnes Copper Spur UL1 from HumbleOutdoors for about $315, it came with a free BA footprint

I was little spook on spending $315 for a single person tent, when there were decent models for less then $200. But... this tent is so light, and I will be keeping it for at least 20 years, so I wanted to get the perfect tent.

Side doors are very important to me because I don't like to twist out of my sleeping bag in order to get out of the tent. I love the small vent window that has a small device that holds the awning. A lot of attention to detail was put into this well made tent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Car Camper, May 15, 2012
We purchased our King Creek 4 from HumbleOutdoors for about $270, it came with a free Big Agnes footprint.

Our King Creek 4 has been a great car camping tent. It's huge 65 sq. ft. of interior floor space as well as it's huge tent vestibule (included) that gives us an additional 85.5 + 10.5 sq. ft. of sheltered space!! That gives us room for the whole family to move around and get comfortable, as well as space for our extra gear, dirty clothes, etc. The color coded webbing and buckles help us set up this tent up in a snap, and the two closure options for the two doors lets us vent the tent when its warm or close it off in colder weather...nice touch

5.0 out of 5 stars Room for 2+, May 10, 2012
I purchase my MSR Mutha Hubba from HumbleOutdoors for about $360, it was shipped free to my home.

I still own a Hubba Hubba, but wanted a tent for backpacking with my wife and dog, and the Hubba Hubba was just too small for the three of us. The Mutha Hubba has all the qualities of the Hubba Hubba, but the extra 9 sq ft and larger vestibules makes a huge difference. Love this tent.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2012 2:40 PM PDT

Big Agnes King Creek - 6 Person Tent
Big Agnes King Creek - 6 Person Tent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Tent, May 10, 2012
We purchase our Big Agnes King Creek 6 for about $420 from HumbleOutdoors, it came with a free BA footprint

We like to car camp in New England. It's my wife, myself, and a lot of stuff. There is tons of room inside this tent our inflatable queen mattress. The Big Agnes King Creek 6 is a basic bomb proof well made tent. The kind of tent that you use and enjoy for 20 years. You get what you pay for, and the King Creek 6 fits the bill. I would recommend getting a footprint, and packing separate from the tent. It really helps keeping things clean, and extending the life of the tent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spacious, May 7, 2012
I purchased my Big Agnes Big House 6 for about $325 from HumbleOutdoors, it came with a free BA footprint.

Even though its only my wife and I that use the tent, we like bigger tents for the extra space they provide. Our queen air mattress fit with tons of space to spare. The tent is a breeze to set up and take down. The tent's ventilation system is wonderfull. We hope it will give us many years of wonderful camp service.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit dated, April 25, 2012
I purchased my Thule Revolver from HumblePower for about $340.

I like this rack, but feel disappointed that I did not wait for the Thule 9027 Apex Swing Bike Rack. The new Apex has Snug-Tite receiver that virtually eliminates hitch rack movement in receiver and locks the hitch rack to the vehicle. Plus the Apex is a bit slicker looking. But with that said, I'm very happy with the Revolver. It's a tried and true design, and is very solid.

Thule 887 SlipStream Kayak Roof Rack Mount Carrier
Thule 887 SlipStream Kayak Roof Rack Mount Carrier
Offered by Outdoor Shopping
Price: $350.29
3 used & new from $349.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Balance, April 5, 2012
I Purchased my Thule Slipstream from HumblePower for about $280, it was shipped free to my home.

I shopped for a rack for a 19ft wooden sea kayak that would fit my Highlander and would allow me to load the boat by myself. Like all of Thule products, it's well made, and should withstand the corrosion issues I face while living on the shore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great New Look, April 4, 2012
I Purchased my Thule 9027 Apex Swing from HumblePower for about $405, it was shipped free to my home.

The Swing-away design that allows my hitch rack to swing away from CR-V for rear access. I love the the new design, I believe the older models were getting a little long in the tooth. I have been using Thule for 25 years, and I was tempted to jump ship for Saris, but this model caught my eye. I'm glad I waited.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2012 7:36 AM PDT

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Trail Tent, April 4, 2012
I purchased my BA Soda Mountain from HumbleOutdoors for about $540, it came with a free Big Agnes footprint.

I need a family tent for my kayak camping trips. I needed lightness, size, and headroom. The Soda Mountain fit the bill. This tent is 1/3 of my Walrus tent which was totally ill suited for forays away from the car. 70" of interior height lets me and others to move about this tent, a real treat for island camping.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8