Profile for survivorman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

survivorman RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
SOG Specialty Knives & Tools TWI98-CP Twitch II Knife with Part-Serrated Assisted Folding 2.65-Inch Steel Blade and Aluminum Handle, Satin Finish
Price: $43.66
36 used & new from $37.85

1.0 out of 5 stars blade died first use, June 15, 2013
Went hunting and killed a squirrel. I don't know if skinning one with this is too much, but the blade got DESTROYED after looking at it when I was done skinning.

LE Adjustable Focus CREE LED Flashlight, Super Bright, Batteries Included
LE Adjustable Focus CREE LED Flashlight, Super Bright, Batteries Included
Offered by NEON MART
Price: $24.50
8 used & new from $3.35

5.0 out of 5 stars $10.00 flashlight?, June 12, 2013
I'm in construction, I camp, hunt and fish. I have had about every flashlight known out there. I'm a flashlight snob. I own sure fire, Felix and many Cree flashlights that all cost about $60 and up. this thing is unreal. Bright, well made and doesn't need rechargeable 18650 batteries. 3 AAA batteries AND IT COMES WITH THE BATTERIES. the strap is useless, but easily replaced with some nice para cord. The case is heavy duty, you can feel the quality. The zoom option can be done with one hand, it simply slides in and out with your thumb and index finger. I just placed an order for 3 more of these. If you want something way better than your typical hardware store flashlight this is it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gun! (12 year old airsoft fanatic review), June 9, 2013
This gun is great! I've had it for About 2-3 weeks now and have used in a couple airsoft wars with friends and it kills! One thing is the bolt can be very hard to pull out of the box (if u don't know how to pull the bolt back with leverage). I use this with my Heckler and Koch Co2 usp pistol, which I also highly recommend. Overall, amazing gun for its price I highly recommend.

BLACKHAWK! Speed Clips (6-Pack #3), Coyote Tan
BLACKHAWK! Speed Clips (6-Pack #3), Coyote Tan
Price: $10.17
24 used & new from $5.50

4.0 out of 5 stars black hawk speed clips, May 2, 2012
the word "speed" should not be part of this equation. They are, in no way, easy, quick or speedy to install on a bag. however, they are very sturdy and once place onto a bag its NOT coming off out in the woods. they are easier to remove than install. overall I'm happy with this purchase, but don't buy these unless its a bag that you don't need to remove from your backpack on a regular basis.

Revlon Beauty Tools Compact Travel Mirror
Revlon Beauty Tools Compact Travel Mirror
Offered by Casual Friday's Cosmetics
Price: $7.95
5 used & new from $7.91

4.0 out of 5 stars revlon mirror, May 2, 2012
great little mirror, and very inexpensive. I use it for my bug out bag for a signaling device. its light weight is protected by the plastic cover unlike most of the survival mirror i have seen

Spyderco BaliYo Butterfly Pen Flipper (Gray)
Spyderco BaliYo Butterfly Pen Flipper (Gray)
Offered by Stealth Rabbit
Price: $9.57
26 used & new from $6.60

1.0 out of 5 stars spyderco baliyo, May 2, 2012
Buggest piece of crap I have ever bought. It deserves 0 stars. I bought this for my son. He is 12, and a very responsible kid. I explained to him that he needs to be easy with this pen and not slam it around because after all it is plastic. He loved this pen, then after 2 days it cracked in 2 places at the plastic seam at the loop holes. He was very disappointed. Once again, China=crap!!! period. and yes, this one is made in china and the other more expensive one that actually lasts is made in the good ol' USA. When will we learn that cheap equals CHEAP. by the time I pay for shipping it will cost me more than this junk pen, so it goes in the trash. we should apply a "junk" or "recycle" tax to everything made in China to help pay for the landfills overload by their products.

Tool Logic SC2SB Credit Card Companion Card Tool 1-Inch Blade, LED Light and Scissors, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars toll logic credit card multi tool, May 2, 2012
nice little thing to keep in my wallet. i use the scissors, tweezers and the knife the most. You won't be hanging out with Bear Grylis in the alpines with it, but it does come in handy all the time. this is not a hard use type product like a leatherman but it works great for work, around the house and such.

Coghlan's Magnesium Fire Starter
Coghlan's Magnesium Fire Starter
Price: $5.99
75 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars coghlans flint, May 2, 2012
I bought my coghlans fire starter 3 years ago. I STILL USE IT. I use it at least 2 dozen times a year. in fact when it is windy I will actually use this instead of a bic lighter. Please keep in mind it is best if you go to your adventure with a fire starting plan ahead of time. If your only plan is one that involves and instant source of fire then you don't need one of these anyways. you need to understand how to use this tool or it will be useless to you. here are some tips. and items I take with me when camping, hiking and fishing.

You need something that will catch spark quickly. I will carry a couple of these items in a zip lock bag

cotton ball with lip balm or vasoline in it (this is my favorite as a single cotton ball with petroleum will stay lit for 4 minutes all by itself, I PROMISE YOU!!)
dryer lint works well
very very small pieces of timber
dry pine needles work great
a few scrap pieces of paper, post it notes work great or cardboard
a small piece of dry wood, i prefer just a small 1/2" x 4" stick of oak

i take the post it note or cardboard and make a small tray, or dish out of it. then take your oak stick or dry pice of wood and shave off very small slivers of wood like the size of a tooth pick.i place the cotton ball with the lip balm on it into the tray. the lip balm also helps when scraping the magnesium off and
it tends to stick to the cotton ball really well. you should scrape about 8-10 times. I take my knife flat on the edge of the magnesium and scrape, kind of like using a cheese grader. then all you do is scrape the same way on the flint side. the cotton ball will light only after a few strokes, then you need to add the oak or small dry pieces of wood to the tray, you need to blow gently into the tray and nurture the fire. you build up from the toothpick sizes to pencil size, then carpenter pencil size then marker size ect, ect.... it takes patience and the willingness to try it a few times before you go out and do it when you really need it.

hopefully this helps. I prefer this product because it works, its made in the USA and the rod ones I have had don't last very long. this is one of my favorite tools and my kids have learned to use it, they love this little thing, not sure why but they always ask to NOT use the lighter.

Condor Pocket Pouch/US Patch (Acu, 7.25 x 5-Inch)
Condor Pocket Pouch/US Patch (Acu, 7.25 x 5-Inch)

1.0 out of 5 stars buy the maxpedition, May 1, 2012
very poorly made, quality is NOT there. I sent my back and bought a maxpedition instead. don't waste your money, mine fell apart within three days. see my review on youtube. condor edc review.

Condor Pocket Pouch/US Patch (Tan, 7.25 x 5-Inch)
Condor Pocket Pouch/US Patch (Tan, 7.25 x 5-Inch)
Price: $12.20
15 used & new from $9.00

1.0 out of 5 stars buy a maxpedition, May 1, 2012
great concept, poor execution. see my review of this item on youtube under condor edc review. don't waste your money its very poorly made. I sent mine back and they promptly returned my money with no questions asked and then I bought the maxpedition version.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2012 12:50 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2