Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for Robert H. McEwin > Reviews

Browse

Robert H. McEwin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert H. McEwin RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA USA)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very successful cloning and transition to this drive., December 2, 2014
Updated a 3 year old desktop with this SSD. The process worked flawlessly. The cloning software (Acronis) provided with the SSD worked really well. The SSD booted first time after cloning. I had to buy a 2.5->3.5 adapter to make it fit into my case and a SATA cable, but they were easy to come by at Fry's.

I bought this at $189. It's a steal for 512GB at that price. The performance passes the eyeball test. I don't have any empirical numbers, but the machine certainly boots faster and my apps run quickly.

PowerGen® Black 2.4-Amp (12 Watt) Dual USB Wall Charger w/flip down Plug Designed for Apple and Android Devices
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works, January 10, 2013
The charger is solidly made. It can charges two devices simultaneously. It just works. The price is right as well.

The Templars: The Secret History Revealed
The Templars: The Secret History Revealed
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Horribly formatted, October 2, 2012
No printed book would have been allowed out the door with formatting like this. Does no one check this stuff? So bad it interferes with the smooth flow of reading. Very disappointing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2013 8:11 AM PDT

TiVo TCD758250 Premiere XL4 Digital Video Recorder (Black)
TiVo TCD758250 Premiere XL4 Digital Video Recorder (Black)
Offered by weaKnees DVR Superstore
Price: $199.99
15 used & new from $119.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I have TV the way I want to watch it., September 17, 2012
I can't remember when any program I am interested in is on. I just sit down and there is always something interesting in the queue to watch. My season passes do all the work.

LastPass
LastPass
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars SImply the best, September 16, 2012
This review is from: LastPass (App)
LastPass is simply the best password cache I've ever used. It runs on my Windows, Mac, iPhone, Fire. Same password management across all my devices. Simply amazing and useful.

Caribbean Moon (Manny Williams Series Book 1)
Caribbean Moon (Manny Williams Series Book 1)
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair beach read, September 13, 2011
I won't give a synopsis of the book. You can find many instances of that. Instead let me talk about my likes and dislikes. This was a fair read. It was a little rough in the beginning as the author introduced characters. The descriptive language was a little too flowery and tried to hard for adjectives. The author hits his stride about a third of the way through. Once the investigation into the murders gets rolling the author hits his stride and it's quite a good read at that point. Finally at the end the author struggles a bit to wrap it up and tries way to hard to leave a cliffhanger for the next book. Not a classic read, but worth a buck.

BRAINRUSH, a Thriller (Book One 1)
BRAINRUSH, a Thriller (Book One 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice start for new author, August 31, 2011
First, I am not an author, but I read a lot. With that introduction, here is my review of Brainrush.

Brainrush was definitely an action packed read. Maybe a little too action packed. I mean I like a good "alien leaves a monolith to monitor humanity" story. I like a good "the brain has more capability than we know" story. I even like a good hi-tech military thriller. I especially like a "let's kick the terrorists butt" story. But when you mix all these elements together it gets a little muddled. It's like the author had lots of good ideas and tried to get them all into his first story. The characters were interesting. The plot was well structured. The writing got better as the book progressed. Even some nits I had early in the book were adequately and plausibly explained later in the book. So, all in all, not a bad first effort. I look forward to more from Richard.

No hard feeling here Richard... you DID ask my opinion :)
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2014 6:34 AM PDT

The First Assassin
The First Assassin

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, accurate historical perspective, May 12, 2010
I like John's book. I like his writing on NRO and bought this book because I like the author. Some of the action and events were rather convenient it seemed to me... (Lincoln appears just as Portia is being questioned) but all in all an entertaining read.

The historical perspective seems real and well researched. Life was different than present day. Life was simpler in some aspects (accessibility of the President to normal folk). It is hard to remember that Lincoln was quite controversial and despised in a large part of the country. The historical aspects had a solid, real feel to them. I believe that John spent a great amount of time researching and getting this right.

My biggest gripe with the book was the formatting. There were several misspellings ("boom companions" rather than "boon companions"). I don't know whether these exist in the hardback or not. The line formatting was atrocious. There dozens of breaks in lines where they are not needed and really intrude into the flow of reading the book. This is totally on the publisher. They did not do a good job of formatting for an ebook.

Regards,
Robert

Netgear RT314 Internet Access Router
Netgear RT314 Internet Access Router
Offered by matzacski
Price: $149.95
15 used & new from $5.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Could not get RT314 to work., December 18, 2000
Out of the box, the router did not work. I talked to tech support and they walked me through all the trouble shooting steps. Finally they suggested that I download the latest firmware and try that. I did, still did not work. I am returning it for the Linksys. My neighbor got a Linksys same day my Netgear arrived. His works, mine doesn't. Boo hiss.