Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Taffy > Reviews

Browse

Taffy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Taffy RSS Feed

EDUCATIONAL INSIGHTS EGGSPERT
EDUCATIONAL INSIGHTS EGGSPERT
Price: $39.76
24 used & new from $39.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Turns adults into children, February 1, 2013
As a nurse educator I purchased this to use when playing 'Jeopardy' pharmacology with my nursing students. I have used it a few times now and the students fight over who gets to ring in (the class is broken up into teams - with one leader ringing in). Everyone enjoys it. The 'eggs' are durable enough and so far, it works wonders as a change of pace.

eForCity Leather Hand Grip Strap Compatible with Nikon D5000 D5100 D7000 D90
eForCity Leather Hand Grip Strap Compatible with Nikon D5000 D5100 D7000 D90
Price: $5.49
2 used & new from $5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable for D3100, February 1, 2013
Since the hand grip was only a few dollars I purchased one for my Nikon D3100. There was a long ship date (but it arrived before it said it would). It secured nicely into the tripod mount on the camera and the strap fit well to the neck strap slot. The base of the unit has some play for adjustment. There is a 'bump' pad on the back side on the bottom right by the corner of the view plate (but does NOT obsure it) that seats against the camera body to prevent slip. There is a tripod mount on the bottom of the unit and works well on a tripod.

There are two minor drawbacks for the sake of full disclosure. When the battery needs to be recharged, the hand grip has to be loosened and slipped backward to access the battery compartment. The second is fitting it on to the hand is a little sloppy but once past the knuckles and sitting on the hand I can let go and not worry about the camera slipping. It is nicely padded for the back of the hand. I had the camera out for a long day shoot recently and the grip didn't require a constant death grip on the body.

I have never been much for neck straps, and this grip is soft, holds the camera secure and functions well.

eForCity LCD Screen Protector Glass Compatible with Nikon D3100
eForCity LCD Screen Protector Glass Compatible with Nikon D3100

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, February 1, 2013
This product ships from Hong Kong with a long ship date (I ordered just after Christmas and it is not scheduled to arrived until February 3). I did receive it a few weeks ago. It came packaged in a soft envelope with some (popped) bubble wrap. It was fractured and looked like a spider's web when I opened it. The seller was professional and gracious - they asked for a photo of the damage and then offered to replace it or send a new one. They were eager to make it right. I opted for a resend. The resend came from a domestic outlet here in the states in less than a week.

The glass IS thin and I had to be careful to align the plate over the viewfinder. You only have one shot to get a good fit. Once on, it fits like a piece of the camera. I have had it out for a full day shoot and it is invisible (i.e. not distracting) when viewing the window.

I would have given 5 stars other than the original hassle. However, I like it and time will tell how well it holds up.