Profile for Ryan Huang > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ryan Huang "Ryan" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
AudioQuest NRG WEL Signature Series 6 Feet AC Power Cable
AudioQuest NRG WEL Signature Series 6 Feet AC Power Cable
Offered by HIDEF Lifestyle
Price: $6,899.75
2 used & new from $6,899.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Truely amazing, makes everyone a professional musician., August 7, 2013
From AudioQuest's own description of the cable:

"AudioQuest DBS creates .... sound [which] appears from a surprisingly black background with unexpected detail and dynamic contrast."

It sound like this cable could create its own music, but I am skeptical. Yet, I thought I'd give it a shot. After eating Ramen noodle for a few month, I saved enough money to buy this cable. I remember when I was a kid, my music teacher told me I had no musical talent. I was told I should refrain from playing any musical instrument because I played so bad that the "noise" could wake the dead. But I wanted to give it another try.

After receiving this cable, I replaced the factory cable for the made-in-China amplifier which I recent purchased from Big Lots. I started playing my keyboard which was wired to the amp. I was instantly amazed. AudioQuest's Dielectric-Bias System appears to have a mind of its own. Apparently, the Counter-Spiral Hyperlitz technology created a worm hole, which enabled the cable to transcend through time and space. I think it was communicating with the past, the present and the future. My fingers were moving flawlessly as I played Mozart's Fantasia and Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata as if these world-famous artists was living inside this cable, guiding me throughout the performances. In fact, the keys were struck before my fingers touched it and I was hoping nobody saw that. Yet, the music doesn't sound mechanical; instead, it was vivid and lively. The Solid PSS Silver connectors solve the signal delay problem with very time sensitive multi-octave audio by allowing musical-electrons to travel from the future back to the present so no delay is perceived by the listener.

My neighbors were attracted by the wonderful music coming from my house. In a few days, my entire neighborhood attends my concerts. Tickets were sold out in a just few minutes after being released. I recovered my $7000 in no time and I no longer had to live on Ramen noodle. I would like to personally thank AudioQuest for making such wonderful devices. Today, I carry this cable with me wherever I go and hopefully its battery will really last as long as the manufacturer claims so I won't embarrass myself in the middle of a performance.

Tales of Hearts R (Japanese Language) [REGION FREE Asia Pacific Edition] PlayStation Vita PS Vita GAME
4 used & new from $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A disgrace to the tales series., May 15, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
The story is below average. The characters behaves ridiculously and there's no development whatsoever. If you had played any other Tales series games, you wouldn't waste a penny on this garbage. There's practically no new additions from the NDS version. The game is also poorly designed.

Aside from the awful main game, the post game dungeons and quests are all completely meaningless -- you have to start from scratch and cannot inherit the "kills" you have accumulated. If you are a tales fan, you'd know how important those stats mean.

The editor must have hit his head hard before creating this junk.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2013 11:22 PM PDT

Swann SWADS-450IPC-US Ads-450 LP Cloud Camera (White)
Swann SWADS-450IPC-US Ads-450 LP Cloud Camera (White)
Offered by Galactics
Price: $58.80
21 used & new from $45.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed prodcut without adequate service., April 29, 2013
Item was purchased to surveillance my beach home. It was the "cloud recording" that caught my eyes because any local surveillance system is never 100%$ safe because the criminal (or the likes) can always temper / destroy your recorded footage. However, this camera has been a huge disappointment.

The recording was OK at best showing mostly unclear images at night. The setup is certainly idiotic. You are required to have an Android or iPhone app in order to configure this thing -- THERE'S NO WAY TO DO IT ON A PC. Why doesn't Swann allow the user to manage the device through a web browser? The app on the iPhone is very buggy. I was able to connect to my first router, but when I replaced my router, it doesn't connect anymore no matter what I do.

So I contacted Swann's customer service - here comes the worst. I spoke to three individuals from their "tech support hotline" and ALL of them appear to be reading off a script. To my utter surprise, they DID NOT understand what is IP address, what is an open port or what is a firewall. I asked ALL of them whether it is necessary to open a port from my router to allow the camera protocol to go through, they didn't understand this. All the "tech support" did was repeating what was on the 2 page manual the size of your credit card. And yes, I've read this very unhelpful manual many times. As a last resort they said they'll send me additional documents to help me set it up -- it was something the tech support team supposedly "created themselves" to help lost customers like me.

OK, so I waited, and the documents arrived in my inbox the following day, and guess what, it was the SAME thing as the 2 page manual that came in the box, with a few more arrows and a few extra "pictorial presentation". Having exhausted my patience with their third-world country tech support team, I tried to look up Swann's headquarter office located in Long Beach, CA. I called them and finally someone cared to apologize first. Then I was told a real "expert" will call me within 24 hours to resolve my concern. It's been a month..... No one has called yet.

The so called "Cloud Recording" service is provided by a third party, Seekdon. Their service is a joke -- your video footage is only stored for 30 days after which it's permanently deleted. There isn't an option to download the images for local archiving whatsoever. So basically they are saying if I need to use the footage for evidence in a legal dispute, I better complete the case in 30 days or the evidence will disappear?

So bottom line: STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2013 5:01 PM PDT

Ragnarok Odyssey - PlayStation Vita
Ragnarok Odyssey - PlayStation Vita
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $23.02
45 used & new from $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars its a catch 22 not much of a story, March 19, 2013
I thought to give this game a try after reading a good Asian review despite a low score from gamefaq. I agree with some players saying that this game lacks a good story. More importantly its a catch 22. Players needs to beat certain quest to gain rare items, but yet in order to beat certain quests, you must have these rare items to power up. The drop rate is crazy low so unless you are ok with playing the same quest over 30 time, this is not for you. Gets seriously boring and disappointing after a few repetitions. The online co-op function is nearly useless.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2013 1:27 PM PDT

Dreamgear DGPS3-1393 Radium Wireless Controller for PS3
Dreamgear DGPS3-1393 Radium Wireless Controller for PS3
Offered by Game Express Online
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $18.92

1.0 out of 5 stars A piece of trash, January 26, 2013
Tried to connect this thing today only to find out it doesn't work. I spent hours trying to find a solution. It appears there should be a receiver included with the unit, but I never received it. There was no instruction whatsoever. Bad product and a waste of money.

Olympus ME-15 Microphone
Olympus ME-15 Microphone
Price: $27.02
22 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great mic, was able to pick up faint sound., September 25, 2012
I ordered this to record from my computer. I didn't expect this to work at all since on the manual, it says I must have an Olympus device to ensure full functionality. The result was surprising.

This Mic easily picked up faint noises that a normal computer mic could never pick up. I was speaking about 6 feet from the Mic and it recorded the entire conversation clearly.

However, note that there's no noise cancellation on this device. So don't expect it to record like a $100 studio microphone. It's only $25 and it's well worth the money.

Axxess AALC Remote RCA Level Controller (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Axxess AALC Remote RCA Level Controller (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Price: $6.38
27 used & new from $4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Computer audiophiles -- this is your answer., September 25, 2012
I have been an audiophile for over 15 years. While I have my main A/V set in the living room, I sometimes want to enjoy stereo music in my room, on my PC. The additional expense of a Preamplifier is out of my budget so I ordered a Musical Fidelity amp and wired it directly to my PC. Unfortunately, amps don't have volume control so I had to control the volume on the PC, which is very inconvenient. Devices like the PS3 couldn't be connected because PS3 doesn't let you adjust volume. Then I discovered this, and it really solved all my problems.

This thing literally converts the amp to an "integrated amp" because now I have full control. If you have an external, audiophile DAC (digital to analog converter), that's fine too. You can either connect your PC directly to this volume control and then to the amp, or you can connect the PC to the DAC, and from the DAC to the amp. This little magical device really eliminates the need for another expensive preamp.

I now have my PC, PS Vita, iPod, and PS3 all connected to the same Amp with this magically little volume knob.

Pangea Audio AC-9 1.5 Meter Powercord
Pangea Audio AC-9 1.5 Meter Powercord

2.0 out of 5 stars I just had to pitch in.... this is so ridiculous., September 25, 2012
After purchasing this power cable, among others (such as Audioquest), and thousands of dollars down the hole, I find myself in an entire different plane of existence -- I finally understood it all.

As I was plugging these Chinese-made coppers and plastic into my equipment, I noticed no difference in terms of sound or visual quality. Frustrated, I thought that if all the audiophiles out there can tell a difference, why not me? Although science says in terms of signal transmission, even the difference between copper and gold is negligible (to the human perception), let alone copper to "better copper", I figured "what do those scientist with MIT Ph.Ds know". Luckily, I have a good friend who's a contractor. He told me that typical in house wiring is either 14 AWG or 12 AWG so using a 9AWG cable yields no benefit unless I replace all the in house wiring to match the 9 AWG.

I realized that since my house was built in the 1930's, the internal wiring must be really old and the electrons must not be flowing the way they **should**, plus the fact they are only 12AWG. So I called my contractors and have all the electric cables in my wall replaced with Certified, 100% 9 AWG copper cable. Then, I fired up my system -- nothing, not a tad bit of improvement. My wife was screaming and calling me names after she realized that I spent over $50k upgrading the house's wiring - she could've had that cruise trip to the Amazons (we love Amazon ^^).

Not giving up, I had a further revelation - it must be those people at So-Cal Edison. As I expected, I examined the cable coming from Edison to my house and found it to be really beat up after a hundred years of exposure to rain, moisture, pollution, cold and heat. As I attempted to climb into the main generator at Edison to have a further look, I was arrested for trespassing and ignoring the sign that says "Danger!! High Voltage -- Instant Death May Occur!" I explained to the officers that these 100 year old Edison cables ought to be replaced so that I can achieve the Zen and the Apex of audio / visual experience.... and that I need to examine the wiring in the Edison generator.

Luckily, I was released from jail with a $20k fine and a suggestion to see a shrink. My wife said, "If you talk about this cable once again, you are on your own!" Not wanting to lose my beautiful wife, I gave up. Today, after thousands of dollars, I still experienced no improvement whatsoever. But through this lesson -- I finally understood why people can't experience any improvement after switching to a "better" cable. It's a conspiracy! They must be hiding something in that main generator that they don't want us to see!

Hope this helps (and hopefully you like my sarcasm). Note that I have no intention of arguing with anyone who believes otherwise. My sole intention is to warn uninformed customers so that they don't fall for these snake oil products.
^_^
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2014 2:38 PM PDT

Monster Cable MP PL300-8 PowerLine 300, 8ft High Performance Detachable IEC Power Cord

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a whole new world after this...., September 25, 2012

As I was plugging these Chinese-made coppers and plastic into my equipment, I noticed no difference in terms of sound or visual quality. Frustrated, I thought that if all the audiophiles out there can tell a difference, why not me? Although science says in terms of signal transmission, even the difference between copper and gold is negligible (to the human perception), let alone copper to "better copper", I figured "what do those scientist with MIT Ph.Ds know". I must be doing something wrong.

Then, I had a revelation - how is the internal wiring in my wall? I realized that since my house was built in the 1930's, the internal wiring must be really old and the electrons must not be flowing the way they **should**. So I called my contractors and have all the electric cables in my wall replaced with Certified, 100% Monster Cable. Then, I fired up my system -- nothing, not a tad bit of improvement. My wife was screaming and calling me names after she realized that I spent over $50k upgrading the house's wiring - she could've had that cruise trip to the Amazons (we love Amazon ^^).

Luckily, I was released from jail with a $20k fine and a suggestion to see a shrink. My wife said, "If you talk about this cable once again, you are on your own!" Not wanting to lose my beautiful wife, I gave up. Today, after thousands of dollars, I still experienced no improvement whatsoever. But through this lesson -- I finally understood why people can't experience any improvement after switching to a "better" cable. It's a conspiracy! *They* must be hiding something in that main generator that they don't want us to see!

Hope this helps (and hopefully you learned your lesson too).
^_^

ACME 00105A Loveseat, Chocolate
ACME 00105A Loveseat, Chocolate

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat the price., August 13, 2012
It's extremely easy to assemble and the delivery guys were very friendly. For this price, this is a great couch -- it's not the most comfortable couch, but I relax on it every day while watching TV.

My dad has a $1000 Swedish couch set and honestly I can't tell the difference.

Page: 1 | 2