Profile for Eunice Portillo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eunice Portillo RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
pediped Grip-N-Go Piers Sandal (Toddler),Brown,19 EU (4-4.5 M US Toddler)
pediped Grip-N-Go Piers Sandal (Toddler),Brown,19 EU (4-4.5 M US Toddler)
Offered by YomaNYC
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Two pixs, May 20, 2012
These are so great! Ever since i bought my son the pediped shoes for beg. Walkers when my son was 10 months its the only brand i want to get for my son. They are very high quality and seem to hold up very well. I got these and right away you can tell they are made very well, also my son has wide feet with a high arch which its hard to find shoes that fit but these fit perfectly! I bought the brown in a size 5.5, the leather is soft n the inside has memory foam. Im getting the blue as a second pair.

People mentioned that its not as pictured but if you want the toddler size look at the blue color picture n thats what they look like, for infant size its the brown one. For toddlers its not good to have a leather sole anyway because they have no traction on the bottom for the little ones who are good walkers n runners already. Hope this helps, definitely recommend Pediped.

The First Years Take & Toss Straw Sippers (4-Pack)
The First Years Take & Toss Straw Sippers (4-Pack)
Offered by serna623
Price: $13.99
7 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cups for what they are intended, January 22, 2012
I like these because like the name states, they are not meant to replace regular straw or sippy cups, they are meant to be used for a little bit and then thrown out.

The lids can fall off if they are thrown hard and your kid might pull out the straw and spill everything but when we go out to the zoo or park, they work because kids loose things. Eventually, your baby will learn cups aren't toys and then these won't really be issues. Only thing is I wish they would have extra straws to buy but I understand why they don't, they assume you'll take them and toss them as the name states. They're cheaper elsewhere so i think you get what you pay for.

Contours Lite Stroller, Tangerine
Contours Lite Stroller, Tangerine

5.0 out of 5 stars THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE BEST!, January 19, 2012
For the price, this definitely is THE BEST stroller!!

THE GOOD:

Very sturdy!!! This stroller is a smooth ride, I can push it with one hand and turns are a breeze. It opens super easy, with one hand if you don't latch it (which I don't most of the time so when I pull it out of my trunk, i just yank it and it opens) I like the look, the basket is super huge on the bottom and easy to access. Also it's like a catch-all because my son has dropped items which I think he lost but they always appear in the basket. Colors are nice an neutral. I love the bar that goes across with cup holder, it's a bit high but I like that since kids have gotten hurt if its too low. Plus the fact that it can be open left or right, or just removed. The size is good, not too small not too big. I like the sun shade and the seat reclines low enough that he sleeps comfortably. It comes with matching strap covers.

THE BAD:

The quality of the seat is not the greatest but for 50 bucks its where you should expect it to be. I wish it were cushier but my son does seem comfy in it. I like the shade but it doesn't have a window to see your child so I'm constantly having to move it to see my son. Also the way it opens and closes it by two studs on the sides so you have to pull forcibly to open and close. Although this is not a problem for me, the handle maybe be too short to people who are tall. It comes with an adult detachable cup holder but it's pretty much useless, I don't use it.

Folding is an issue at first but I got used to it and can fold it easily now. You have to use both hand and when you fold it, you have to push the seat forward because there is a bar across and if you go on the wrong side it will not fold flat. It's not super slim after folding but if the box fits in you trunk, so will the stroller.

The only concerning complaint I had was the straps, it's 5 point but the only support they have is they go through slots in the seat and rely on platic a little larger then the slots. Because of this, the straps often where often not attached to the seat, which is very dangerous for little ones. It happened on more then one occasion so I always double checked. The good thing is, that one he was a little older, you can remove the straps and just have the belt buckle.
THE BEST!!!

Overall, this is a comfy, nice looking stroller that will last me a long time. I know its bad, but I don't treat this stroller with as much care as I should but the good thing is that I know that IT'S STURDY!! I've had for almost a year now and it has not broken despite the fact that it is badly treated. Even if it were to break, for lack of care, it's cheap enough where I won't feel guilty like others who spend 400 bucks on a stroller that brakes.

I definitely recommend this, especially for toddlers. Nothing fancy like a 1,000 stroller but I think it does it's job fantastically.

Diego Plush Backpack Animal Rescuer
Diego Plush Backpack Animal Rescuer
Offered by Miracle Mile Gifts
Price: $12.17
6 used & new from $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay for rescue pack!, January 9, 2012
My son loves go diego go! and there doesn't seem to be as many products as there are for other characters so I've bought most GDG items out there and this is one of my faves (along with the rescue pack that talks)

This is a great size for a little one and has great material. My son loves it and I think it will last him a bit.

Evenflo Expansion Swing Gate
Evenflo Expansion Swing Gate
Offered by Galactic Deals, LLC
Price: $37.00
7 used & new from $37.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gate!!, January 8, 2012
This is a great gate for the price. I bought it for less then $30 although amazon loves to switch prices. Even so, I really liked it. I researched all the different gates that expanded to 60" and landed on this one.

The Good: It was easy to attach (this has hardware so be prepared to make holes in your walls)
I don't extend it all the way for my opening, probably only to 50 to 55 but it's
sturdy at that length
I like the top part that protects my little one from hurting himself if he tries to
crawl over (he hasn't yet)
Color is neutral, swings both ways, and can be opened from left or right side.
Easy to remove and put away from time to time if needed. Good investment

The Bad: The latch system is hard to use. But I did read the reviews, so I bought this knowing
that. So it takes 8 second instead of 3 to properly close it, not a big deal. I just
rest it on the floor and my baby doesn't mess with it when I'm not in the kitchen.

Tips: I never measured, I just made sure that since it goes from floor to carpet it was high enough to open easy enough without dragging.

I definitely recommend this product and would buy it again. My sister did after she saw it at my house.

Fisher-Price Growing Baby Animal Activity Puzzle
Fisher-Price Growing Baby Animal Activity Puzzle
Offered by M & K Industries
Price: $17.80
21 used & new from $11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing first puzzle!, January 8, 2012
This is a great first puzzle for many reasons. The colors are bright, the little animals are cute and each has it's own unique quality...ie the fish has movable eyes, the monkey makes squeaky monkey noises. Matching the animals is easy because of their size. I bought this early on so my baby hasn't yet mastered matching the animals but he plays with the animals all the time. Great quality for the price.

My baby loves this and so do I!

Lite-on-Shoulder Baby Sling
Lite-on-Shoulder Baby Sling
Offered by SlingCarrier
Price: $32.95
2 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 8, 2012
It's at a great price compared to others similar. It's easy to use once you get the hang of it. I recommend this for older babies that already have head control even though it says you can for infants. The instructions it comes with are crude but it's a basic design that's easy to figure out. I started using it when my baby was round 6 months and it was comfy and easy to use for quick trips to the store or a stroll around the park. He started walking at 10 months so I don't really use it anymore but it's still in good conditions so I think my new nephew will inherit it ;) It gets tiresome after more then an hour or two but I imagine most would. The designs are nice and the material is good.

I found myself still semi carrying him and him clinging onto me but I did feel he was safe and comfy.

All in all, I definitely recommend this product and would buy it again. Babies love being close to their mommies so this encourages bonding :)

Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat (Previous Version), Davenport
Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat (Previous Version), Davenport

4.0 out of 5 stars Great carseat!, January 8, 2012
Of course like many new moms I spent hours researching car seats and reading reviews over and over again to determine which car seat would be the best for me. I landed on this britax after a very long search. It had great reviews and for most convertible car seats, a sensible price.

The GOOD: The material is of high quality and comfy, despite the fact that it looks large (most convertible car seats are) it fit very well in my nissan sentra. It has velcro to hold the straps which helps. It has a protection guard for the part with the button which I really like. It has a base part that has two sturdy "clips" under the seat that secure the car seat belt to prevent it from moving. Very sturdy after installation. Comes with easy straps that attach to car anchors. I think that it will last a long time so it's worth the price, good investment. Has good crash ratings.

The BAD: The sides are really high so it's an acrobatic show to get my son in. I've accidentally bumped his head a couple of times getting him in but I got used to maneuvering around it. Once he is forward facing, I don't think it'll be an issue. No cup holder meh. Although the fabric is nice, I'm worried how it will fare once I wash it. It's hard to install at first and I wouldn't recommend using it for multiple cars because it's hard to move from one car to another. Which leads me to my four star rating.

I bought a second car seat for my husband's car. After spending this much on this one I got the cheap Cosco Scenera convertible car seat. It's easy to use, move, has a high crash star rating and my baby seems to be just as comfortable in that one as he does in this one even though the quality of the padding is way cheaper.

All in all I recommend it if you can spare the money. I would buy it again but I would also buy the Cosco Scenera one for $40 bucks again too.

Playskool- Push 'N Stack Gears
Playskool- Push 'N Stack Gears
Offered by Monkeying Around
Price: $26.75
10 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars His favorite toy!!!, January 8, 2012
My baby loved this toy and so do I!! It has a clear door that opens and closes, when it's open and you insert the balls through a slot on the topside, the balls rush out and my baby loved to chase them. He soon learned to push the spintop down by himself and loved to make the plastic balls rattle inside with the door closed. The colors are great and catch his attention. We've had if for a little over 6 months and it's still one of his favorite toys to play with.

It's a great educational and very fun toy. I think it grows with your baby and will teach him/her master new skills. Great design, concept, and quality.

Definitely recommend it!! Buy it early on around 5 or 6 months to get great use out of it.

Sassy Wonder Wheel
Sassy Wonder Wheel
Offered by COMEBO
Price: $13.98
29 used & new from $8.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I got a defect but..., January 8, 2012
This review is from: Sassy Wonder Wheel (Baby Product)
I was excited to get this toy because I thought it would be a great distractions for my baby when we went out to eat.

When we got it he was scared of it and would cry if we spinned the wheel (although this might be a singular occurrence because he gets scared easily lol) He did eventually get over it as we slowly introduced it to him.

It's a great toy, I like the concept and the colors only thing that the SUCTION DID NOT WORK!!!! Most others say it does have a great suction but no matter what I did after a minute it would unsuction and my baby would throw or drop it or pull on it and unsuction it. Without the suction it's basically useless and is a glorified rattle :( Hopefully if you purchase this the suction will work!

Page: 1 | 2